Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trail photos....best of best of

Shredder

Life Member
To get this forum rolling, I thought it would be nice if folks would scan thru all thier fall phots and pull out the best one and post it as your best of best of. Not necessarily the biggest buck but what you would consider your best pic be it a bobcat, doe, buck, bird, etc.

A brief caption is an added bonus.

My pic below is actually a great series with a mature buck and a subordinate.....the entire series is good but to me, this was the best pic there. pic is over a scrape and the closer buck is the subordinate

933DSC03978-2.jpg

I have quite the history with this buck. I ran into him last year, as well as this year, bow hunting and had many encounters with him. I just couldn't get a clean shot off at him. I like this photo because the bucks are sparring and they are perfectly centered in the pic. I also think it is neat because of the frost on the grass. I Think this is one of my better pics because I haven't gotten any other bucks sparring or fighting before.

Since it is hard to see the size of the bigger buck in the sparring picture, here is one of him just standing by himself.
5267ICAM0028-med.JPG

This is the sparring picture with the bigger buck being the one pictured above that I have both sheds off him from last year.
5267ICAM0032-med.JPG

I guess my camera was never set to catch any scenic photos... but I like this one a lot. The cuddeback is supposed to have a quicker trigger speed
grin.gif
, but I'm glad he snuck in under the radar. I think it is neat how you can pick up the detail: the bark on his forehead and the ticks on his coat. Sad story though is I hit this buck in the front shoulder with an arrow this fall and didn't recover him. But, it is a neat picture nonetheless.
5264CDY_0021-med.JPG

It is hard to choose just one. I don't have any outstanding pics of bucks but this is probably one of my favorites from 2006.

552sunset_doe.jpg

Here is my favorite one from this past fall. I like the contrast/colors/shadows. It came out exactly like this.

SUNP0008.jpg

Here is my favorite from last year.
Sorry guys, this isnt Iowa, its actually North Dakota. A good friend of mine got this in late summer,'06.
still a very cool pic

Thanks Josh!!
6352Doe_2_Fawns_1_-med.JPG

I wish I could claim this one, but it came from my best buddy, my partner in crime!! He got me into trail cameras so I thought I'd post this one for him...it is still my favorite...

7358Deer-med.jpg

My first buck picture ever!!!!
laugh.gif

1122DSC00036.jpg

Wish the snow would melt so I could get in the pines to look for these bones.
confused.gif

I posted this one earlier, but overall, its still probably my favorite pic last fall. This buck is still alive....so hopefully I will get some more pics of him next year.
grin.gif
30811_03_06_grandmas_woods.JPG

5463DSC_0043-med.JPG

5463DSC_0063-med.JPG

These are two of the best ones I got from last year, as far as I know, the non-typical is still out there, but I heard the 10 was taken this past muzzy season.

I also posted this before, but it is my favorite this year.

The camera was mounted about 7 feet up the tree so it gave it just the right angle. Only about 6 feet away, but he stood around for 4 pics. Got quite a few pics of him this year and also got a pic after shedding (he's got a telltale bare spot in his coat for the last few years). So i need to get out and find them sheds.

Homebrew Sony S40, Snapshot Sniper board.

Copy_of_DSC03659_(Large).JPG

One of several favorites, it's hard to pick a best but this is one of the action shots I got during the peak of the rut. I can only imagine that there is a good buck chasing them.
948Copy_of_Deer_on_the_move.jpg

This is my favorite, this buck is broken up in this picture compared to earlier pics but he just looks mean with all of that rubbed off bark on his antlers. Below is an earlier pic of him before he got broken up. This guy made it through all of the seasons, and I'm excited to see him this year.
12DSC04949-med.JPG

12DSC03654-med.JPG

Top Bottom