Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

trappers

Not at all.

Just spent an hour the other night in the local trapping shop/store up the road from my house. Cumberland's Northwest Trapping Supplies in Owatonna. Next time your through I'll give you directions. They've got regular business hours.

I can also drive you by the deer ranch where you can see 300" bucks and some absolute monster elk.

There are a few in the PMA. I think a couple were of a giant whistle pig. Not sure though, I can't remember anything after that Fighting Cock Bourbon.

The 'Bonker

[ QUOTE ]
I can't remember anything after that Fighting Cock Bourbon.

The 'Bonker

[/ QUOTE ]

The old saying back home, "The cock got you down?"

Don't forget this event coming up.

<font color="blue">2007 Iowa Trappers Convention</font>
Sept. 14-16
Clarke County Fair Grounds
Osceola, Iowa.
Activities for the whole family.
contact Craig Sweet,
Convention Chairman at (505) 306-9385.
]
italogo.gif

Former pro trapper here and I wrote several books and appeared in videos on trapping. I was on the board of the Iowa trapper's Assn for many years.

I have been trapping for about 30 years. I have a 11 yr old that loves it and can't wait to start slinging steel Nov. 3rd. Trapping pictures
peace.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If I had a scanner, I would have a ton of trapping pictures to share.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOOOOOOOOOOO go purchase one. We want to see some pic's!
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I had a scanner, I would have a ton of trapping pictures to share.

[/ QUOTE ]

SOOOOOOOOOOO go purchase one. We want to see some pic's!
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't wal-mart have a scanner that you take pics to and they can put them on a cd for you? I will check that out this evening, if they do, I'll have a ton of pics to post.

aright cool. I wont be able to hit it as hard as i have. school is just in my way.
smile.gif
Just wanted to make sure... Its just one of those things, while I am proud to do it. There is no reason offending anyone. I will probably just keep em PMA though. sorry. I'll probably have some nice looking beaver in there before dec
smirk.gif
(incentive)

I've never trapped anything in my life (I'm too dumb to be a good trapper) but I'll be pissed if you don't post your trapping pics!
cool.gif

Before I caught the bow hunting bug, trapping was my addiction. I started around 10 yrs. old trapping off my old Honda 200. I learned a lot about reading sign, animal tracks, and scents which came in handy later on. Back then it was good money right before Christmas, and without fur money, there wouldn't have been much under the tree at my house. Now a days a guy isn't going to get rich trapping but I still enjoy it when I can and my two young boys think its great. I have some good pics to. May become a popular topic here. Post away!

Love it, trapped for a few decades myself but haven't the past few years due to the market going flat &amp; the decline of muskrats. Still have all my supplies &amp; would love to get at it again. Let's see some pics!

Top Bottom