Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trapping update

You guys ever get coons with both of their front feet in a DP? We had two or three like that this year.. makes me wonder if the triggers are two stiff and they are using both paws to pull it up?

I have heard of barn quilts but never a barn blanket! :D:D:D

picture.php

My brother caught a skunk and we don't skin due to the fact we don't have the supplies or room and the buyer doesn't buy whole carcass skunk. Anyone know of a place near Ames that would buy it

Wow, wonder what the story is that's quite a picture.

Probably not a good idea to google "fur barn" from your work computer! Might bring up info about a brothel back in the 70's!! :DOoops, lets try this again!:)

"The guys name is Marty Senneker from Alberta Canada. From what I heard some of them were bought. The best he has done in Canada's 5 month season is 950 coyotes. He snares them. "

Highlights and Changes to the 2013-14 Hunting Regulations

The quota of resident paid antlerless deer
licenses was reduced by 3,950 in six counties in
southwest Iowa.

The statewide quotas for bobcats and river otters was removed, along with the 24-hour reporting requirement for bobcat and river otters. The
bag limit for river otters was reduced from 3 to 2
to prevent too many river otters from being taken
in any one area.

The list of open areas for bobcats increased to
include Audubon, Crawford, Dallas, Iowa, Muscatine and Poweshiek counties.

Starting this year, only the intact skull or complete lower jaw of otters and bobcats will be collected for population monitoring purposes.

Saw this on another site. The guy's quote was, " If you wanna make a million dollars, all u gotta do is catch a million possums!" :)

Lots of good eating there! ;)

picture.php

I say we start a fresh 2014 trapping thread...I have a few recurring raccoons on the trail cams and a pesky coyote that keeps popping up close to dark and busting the deer out of the fields that need to be neutralized. Plus, there are always the egg eating grinners to contend with. I plan on running a short line for a few days to rebalance things a bit.

Got all my traps boiled and dyed last weekend and need to wax the footholds yet this weekend. Last night I made a new bait to put into my DP's. I found the recipe online and I'll have to report how well it works.

1 cup pelletized pond fish food
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup molasses
4 Tbs vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients well in a Ziploc bag and then let sit for at least 4 days so the vanilla and molasses can absorb into the marshmallows and fish food.

I actually doubled everything into a 1 qt bag except for the molasses and I left that at 1/2 cup for a double recipe and it still mixes well. I might start baiting some sites this weekend also on some private land.

Saw this on another site. The guy's quote was, " If you wanna make a million dollars, all u gotta do is catch a million possums!" :)

Lots of good eating there! ;)

How the heck did I miss this post? Man that's some trappin. Beats the crap outta any freezer pic I ever posted.

I think this thread has more hits than just about any other on the site.

T minus 8 days till trapper cam 2014.

"T minus 8 days till trapper cam 2014."

Counting the days Bonks! Hope you have some table scraps saved up and some room in the freezer! :)

I may sell my coyote traps and get one of these instead! :D

picture.php

Top Bottom