Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespassers kill me...

biggest buck

After four card pulls from two cameras we have a little over 4,000 pics and have yet to see what we consider a shooter. A couple decent 140ish immature bucks and a ton of younger bucks.
And while we were checking our cameras we found 7 stands and 9 cameras with 8 exterior battery packs on our ground and another landowners property that gives permission to NO one. As of now they are still there as I just notified the trespassers they have until this weekend to remove all of them or they will be removed by me. And to top it off one of the guys works the same place as me and my huntin buddy:mad:
I knew these two guys were hunting the property next to us last year but had never been by the fenceline until two days ago. Last year they supposedly killed 16 does and a 156 inch buck. Come to find out they killed them on our property. WTH. And he had the balls to brag to our faces about all of these deer they had been shooting. To put it mildly, I'm somewhat pissed off right now.

It sucks! I found a bon fire with beer cans all over the place next to my foodplots early this year. (damn kids). and lately Ive been getting pictures of people on horses out trail riding IN my food plots:mad:

You are much nicer than I would have been. I really don't get people that do that kind of thing. Probably figured that since they knew you it wouldn't be a big issue. Hopefully they get the point.

No doubt about it. Tresspasser's suck. Sounds like you are a better man than myself. I would have removed the camera's and stands immediately after contacting my CO. I've had 2 stands and 2 cameras already stolen this summer off of ground that no one else has rights to be on. I'd contact your CO about the problem, it will help in the long run.

Well even though I dont really care for the guy we both work in law enforcement and id hate to see him possibly lose his job over trespassing. Had it not been someone I knew the stands and cameras would all be gone and our local CO woulda been contacted right away.

After four card pulls from two cameras we have a little over 4,000 pics and have yet to see what we consider a shooter. A couple decent 140ish immature bucks and a ton of younger bucks.

I hear you on the lack of big bucks... that will change in the next couple weeks.

But tresspassers, thos really get frustrating. Did they know the property lines, was it an honest mistake? Or was this just a pretty low move? I feel your frustration...

That sucks man, sorry for the bad luck with morons. I personally wouldn't have given them a warning. If you know WITHOUT A DOUBT they do not have permission to be on there, then I would consider the cameras and stands as gifts. Good luck!

Before I contacted them I talked with the landowner. He happened to see them the day before me and when I showed up at his house to ask him, he asked me first if the stands were mine. Hes the one who wants them gone because they dont have permission. And as for the 140 inchers not being shooters, the score is not the concern, its their age that makes them not shooters in my book.

Well even though I dont really care for the guy we both work in law enforcement and id hate to see him possibly lose his job over trespassing. Had it not been someone I knew the stands and cameras would all be gone and our local CO woulda been contacted right away.

Trespassers really do suck and you are well within your right to do whatever, but what you state right here shows your true character. I hope you are blessed with THE biggest buck! :way:

antlerfreak said:
It sucks! I found a bon fire with beer cans all over the place next to my foodplots early this year. (damn kids). and lately Ive been getting pictures of people on horses out trail riding IN my food plots:mad:

Antlerfreak, tell me without a doubt it was kids. How do you know it wasn't adults? Don't hate bro, I know a few places around here were it's not kids that hold the parties on places they don't have permission on.

Well I talked with one of the trespassers and he apologized up and down and admitted they were in the wrong. So far they have 2 of their stands off of the property with the rest to come off tomorrow. So alls well that ends well.

TeenageHunter said:
Antlerfreak, tell me without a doubt it was kids. How do you know it wasn't adults? Don't hate bro, I know a few places around here were it's not kids that hold the parties on places they don't have permission on.

They probably left some of their baggy pants and flat billed hat laying around ;):)

Mobile Cooter

Since he works in law enforcement he is above the law?????????????????? :(

I think he should be held to a higher standard! JMO.

blake said:
Since he works in law enforcement he is above the law?????????????????? :(

I think he should be held to a higher standard! JMO.

I was thinking the same thing.....

Mobile Cooter

I haven't had that kind of problems for awhile, but this summer the trespassers/thieves were stealing copper wire from pivots! They were doing quite well, running up and down the river to gain access until they got stuck.:way: They were burning the copper on a sandbar where I hunt then hauling it out and selling. Don't know how much they got by with. but they were caught with over a ton of clean copper.:mad:

Top Bottom