Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Trespassers kill me...

I haven't had that kind of problems for awhile, but this summer the trespassers/thieves were stealing copper wire from pivots! They were doing quite well, running up and down the river to gain access until they got stuck.:way: They were burning the copper on a sandbar where I hunt then hauling it out and selling. Don't know how much they got by with. but they were caught with over a ton of clean copper.:mad:

Shovel - what is a pivot? The copper thieves are pretty crazy though.

Shovel - what is a pivot? The copper thieves are pretty crazy though.

Center Pivot irrigation system. Has a well, and a power unit in the middle, and has a long "rail" on wheels that pivot around the field and irrigate. The main wire's running through a center pivot is all copper.

dang we couldn't even make it to the big orange before we got our first trespassing thread. I wish that Iowa would come up with some pretty strict laws, like heavy fines or even taking a license away for a hunting season then some of these scum bags would get the message

If trespassing fines were bigger I'd be willing to give the state there 50 % of it , Or all of it .Maybe someone will think heyyy more money for the state. Problem solved !

hotshott2289 said:
dang we couldn't even make it to the big orange before we got our first trespassing thread. I wish that Iowa would come up with some pretty strict laws, like heavy fines or even taking a license away for a hunting season then some of these scum bags would get the message

Yeah, what about boundry lines? I "tresspassed" once I was using a 2010 plat book this year and someone sold land which I forgot to ask them if they did and they had so he sold 30 acres and I didn't know about it and I stepped passed the boundry lines (there were no fences/gates/markers) I didn't know until after I got done shed hunting and he told me. I really don't want to get fined for a stupid error like that. I know it was my fault, but the other landowner didn't care. I called him up and asked him later if it was alright if I could shed hunt there.

spitndrum said:
i dont have a problem with trespassing.... unless somebody is trespassing on our land...:D

^^
Stupid immature comment bro...

if the landowner didnt care then you wouldn't have an issue.. for the most part the I'm lost bs gets thrown around so much its hardly ever true.

hotshott2289 said:
if the landowner didnt care then you wouldn't have an issue.. for the most part the I'm lost bs gets thrown around so much its hardly ever true.

But think, if you did legit get lost would you want a $5,000 fine and hours of serivice? :/ I try to keep the property lines right but sometimes the plat book and other stuff doesn't help. I then usaly go back and ask the landowner the boundries.

I haven't had that kind of problems for awhile, but this summer the trespassers/thieves were stealing copper wire from pivots! They were doing quite well, running up and down the river to gain access until they got stuck.:way: They were burning the copper on a sandbar where I hunt then hauling it out and selling. Don't know how much they got by with. but they were caught with over a ton of clean copper.:mad:

Stealing Copper!!!!:D Had a guy I knew in my youth...Stealing copper from telly lines! Liked to chop them down with a axe! Woops!!!!! Hit a live one! Blew both legs and a arm off!!! He lived! To about 40!!!! :( Yep! that was worth it!!!!!:thrwrck::thrwrck::thrwrck:

Two winters ago when the snow was so deep, the thieves were also stealing the copper from all the pivits around here with snowmobiles. They stole a fortune in copper, but even with the huge reward offered never were caught.

we had a job in clinton at the new wastewater plant get hit twice for copper they got away with a butt load of 2" and 2 1/2 " pipe

Sorry to hijack your thread BB, but this needs to be said and then we can move on.

To JM and SND and TH........... If you want to have stupid meaningless banter, do it through a PM not on the open threads. We all know you guys are young and have way to much time on your hands, but sometimes it's better to sit and listen. You will learn alot from the guys on this site if you choose to. Stop with the teenage girl arguing and name calling and pay attention to the important things. This is not meant to deter you from posting and asking questions.... just use your head before you post. :way:

Thanks

Sorry to hijack your thread BB, but this needs to be said and then we can move on.

To JM and SND and TH........... If you want to have stupid meaningless banter, do it through a PM not on the open threads. We all know you guys are young and have way to much time on your hands, but sometimes it's better to sit and listen. You will learn alot from the guys on this site if you choose to. Stop with the teenage girl arguing and name calling and pay attention to the important things. This is not meant to deter you from posting and asking questions.... just use your head before you post. :way:

Thanks

sorry bout that.... :eek: i can argue with josh in person and i guess i'll just give up on arguing with TH. :thrwrck::rolleyes: you are right though... sometimes its better to just shut up

dedgeez said:

Thanks

Aight 10-fo

arrow flinger

Top Bottom