Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

U.F.O

Wow?? I teach high school biology and I have no clue, I showed the chemistry/physics teacher and he doesn't know either. No invertebrate on earth makes a cocoon that large to my knowledge.

I'm really curious, please keep us posted on what you find when you open it.

LOL! I haven't been avoiding this thread i must of missed it until now. Its still untouched sitting in the living room. I've had countless people come over and have it in their lap the whole time they were there guessing what it is. It's a pretty fun thing to sit around and talk about. I was going to have a buddy drill into it but our time shedules didnt work out. I've had someone offer to x-ray it so thats what i think im going to do. Hopefully they follow up and do it. The whole reason im not in a huge hurry is because im 99.9% positive its a solid piece of melted plastic. So that would ruin all the fun and guessing. If you felt how heavy it is you might think the same.

EVERY person that has held it has told me to drill into it, though. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

One of you guys was saying you thought it was hollow because you could see white from my shoe in the picture. That was the lighting from the picture. Not the shoe.
UFO_001.JPG
Notice the spiral in it. And the little indent where the "eye" is. Kinda wierd.

UFO_005.JPG

The picture i posted a long time ago was of the top. It had 3 grooves. This is the bottom. Its smooth.
UFO_006.JPG
That part of it sticks out a little.

I find it hard to believe that it would float if it was a solid piece of anything, especially weighing 15-20lbs. I would think an air bubble of some sort would be inside. Just my $.02

"big 'ol frozen chunk of Poopy"

hahahahaha

too good!
laughing out loud at work.....

ha!

Top Bottom