Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Vectrix verse Drenaline

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
Well guys I went into the proshop today. My dealer has both the Vectrix and Drenaline in. I shot them both to make sure I was getting the best bow before I plunked down my hard earned cash. I shot each bow approx 25-30 times. They were both 29" draw length, 70# bows. Two words for the Drenaline; HAND SHOCK. The hand shock is VERY noticeable. The Vectrix was the CLEAR winner IMO, the dealers', and his associates. The Vectrix is the smoothest drawing, quietest, fastest, hand shock free hunting bow I have ever shot. HONEST!! The draw cycle is smooth and the new Vector cam and a half has a nice rollover when the cam breaks over into full draw. The new Stealth Shot string silencer that Hoyt uses on their bow is a winner. It actually grabs and collapses around the string when the string is released; pretty cool technology; this is similar to an STS but an STS has a flat surface that the string slams against and the Hoyt system is grooved so that when the string slams against it the material actually wraps around it grabbing the string. I left all of my accessories with my dealer that I had taken off of my Trykon and he is going to set it up and paper tune it for me. He has the same draw length as me. I had to get back to work and will go back on Friday to pick it up on my way down to MO to hang out with MOMW/SWD and her husband Ron for the weekend. Can't wait to see you guys!!!
Price for my new Vectrix is $729; Drenaline is $799.99

Yea Muddy, her Vectrix is on order. She has a 25" draw length and it will take 4-6 weeks to get here. She is very competitive; has to have the latest greatest if I do. I am glad she loves to hunt, but damn it is expensive when you both hunt. I wouldn't trade her for the world though!! Beats having a woman that wants to spend our money on cruises on carnival cruise lines. She thinks cruises are stupid; my kind of girl. We spent our honeymoon doing a 10 day wilderness self-guided elk hunt in CO....No guys, she doesn't have any sisters.

Intresting! Anybody else shot both? How about the new bowtechs? I plan on shooting all 3 this off-season and likely upgrading as well.
grin.gif
My
Dads new Switchback xl blows the doors of my razortec. Which is surprising seeing as my razortec has been such an awesome bow to own the last two years.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
he is going to set it up and paper tune it for me. He has the same draw length as me. I had to get back to work and will go back on Friday to pick it up on my way down to MO to hang out with MOMW/SWD and her husband Ron for the weekend. Can't wait to see you guys!!!
Price for my new Vectrix is $729; Drenaline is $825

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I would paper tune it to your body, just because he paper tunes it doesnt mean he anchors in the same place, even though he has same draw length or holds the bow the same. He might get it right on and lucky you but mine is always off just a little.

Drenalin at Scheels was $799 and down at another bow shop a buddy goes to $675. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm Why such the huge difference in price.

I love it when people say that it was paper tuned before they bought it without them doing it for themselves.

Everyones body is built different.

I will test the paper tune after he sets it up; no two hunters shoot or release an arrow the same. Having him play with it before I come back in will have us close though.

[ QUOTE ]
No sisters nuts. So hows your health Don???
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif
30577-rotflmao1.gif

ON another note comparing 2 Mathews bows I felt that the Drenalin has alot less hand shock then the Switchback. But is it worth the money to upgrade. Hmmmmmmmmmm Nope!

I called Scheels in Des Moines and they are selling the Drenaline for $799.99 when they come in. My dealer tonite told me he will follow and really didn't know what price he was exactly going to have on them until I called him with Scheels' price. He will match Scheels' price. The Drenaline is not avaialable for sale yet in either store in IA and all they have are demos.

The Vectrix and the Drenaline were both the same in noise to me; both super quiet. I personally think the Switchback is a better bow than the Drenaline. Mathews jacked the price of the bow up $100 this year over last years price and I am not kidding about the very noticeable handshock. That coupled with the fact that you are going to need to replace the Mathews string from what I have heard and read if you want to get away from a rubberband on your peep. I myself, refuse to have a rubberband on my peep. The Hoyts Fuse string is no creep and pre-stretched and will shoot excellent without a rubberband to align the peep. My Trykon's Fuse worked excellent as well and once setup at the shop I never adjusted it after hundreds of arrows shot through it. This years' new Fuse string is suppossed to be even more advanced.
I myself couldn't notice any noticeable weight difference between the two bows. The limbs are very thin on the Drenaline and it wouldn't surprise me if it is less weight than the Vectrix; just something I couldn't feel. I shot one bow and then would grab the other and shoot it. I didn't have any knowledge that one felt lighter than the other; there was just no denying the very noticeable hand shock and vibration on the Drenaline though. Sure, this is not going to affect your hunting, but if am going to drop 8 bills on a new bow, than there had better be no hand shock. The Vectrix was easily a better shooting bow and I went in with an open mind on which bow to choose. The Hoyt has a lot of new innovations this year and the Mathews is basically the same old bow as the 4 year old Outback. I don't see Mathews' Switchback owners racing out to buy this new bow; not enough difference worth the $ IMO.

I'am going to upgrade after the first of the year and would like to shoot both bows.What dealers in central ia.would you guys recomend,customer service is important to me.I have used CIA in the past,but it has been several years,just wanting some more input.

I used Central IA archery for this purchase and my old Xtec. Brady is a great guy and awesome at setting up a bow. I like Jax as it is in Ames and more convienient than Des Moines for me and a buddy of mine named Forrest works Tue and Thurs nights there. The guy is a whiz at setting up a bow but Jax isn't interested in bow trades. My wife and I bought our Trykons this year at Jax, but they said that they were done taking trades and weren't taking any any more. I bought my Bowtech Tribute at Sportsman's Whse and a guy named Tanner set it up perfect. Sportsman's doesn't take trades as well and they do not sell Hoyt or Mathews. I personally like to give Central IA my business as much as possible because I like the smaller private business's, being a business owner myself. I sold my Trykon to a buddy and Brady is taking my wifes Trykon on trade for her Vectrix when it comes in. No way in hell would I buy a bow from the corporate giant Scheels when I can get the same bow for the same price from Brady and support a local business man. I hope this helps.

Depends on what bow you are looking for. If you want a bowtech or hoyt I would suggest Archery Field and Sports in Altoona/Pleasant Hill.

Mathews, the cheapest guy I could find is a guy in Chariton and he is a little cheaper on his bows compared to Scheels, havent asked about the Drenalin.

I havent had much luck at CIA since Mike ran the place as a hobby and a part time job and not as a business.

This was a couple years ago and maybe it has changed since then.

Unless Archery Field and Sports has changed in the past year they accepted trades.

hey bwhunter are you talkin about red dog archery? if so I got my bow from him a couple years ago and he is a hell of a nice guy.

[ QUOTE ]
hey bwhunter are you talkin about red dog archery? if so I got my bow from him a couple years ago and he is a hell of a nice guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I said Chariton, it is actually Creston.
His name is Bruce Hansen of B&A Archery, also a hell of a nice guy.

Where is Red Dog Archery at, might have to check him out.

After reading this post I just felt I had to go to the pro shop and shoot both of these bows head to head, and to tell the truth I wasn't overly impressed with either of them. Sure they were both nice bows, but neither of them made me need to have one.
The draw cycle on the Hoyt is better than the Trykon with the new cam, but I was expecting alot less recoil. I thought the Matthews was lighter, but to me it just seemed slow.
My Trykon XL is safe for another year.

I dunno if he is still open and I didn't think he sold mathews but he could of switched I dunno what hwy it if you are coming from the north you get off on the exit that takes you to corydon and he is right across from the cementary. like I said I haven't been there for 2-3 years.

Top Bottom