Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

venison

beararchery

I absolutely love to eat deer, and for still being a teenager I for some reason love cooking it. I just wanted to get some good ideas on how I should cook my deer this year. I usually make the hams of the deer into jerky, but haven't found a good recipe for jerky yet. When I make my back straps I got to fry them but I don't really do much to them just flour and seasoning hardly ever smoke em. Aww and the loins which gets me excited because I love to smoke them at 200 degrees. When I make my loins I cure and season them one night let them set 24 hours then season again and let them soak in more seasoning for another 24 hours and usually smoke for 3 to 4 hours.

Anyone think they got any good recipes? I think I'm going to try something new for the straps this year.

I like to use a little marinade, butterfly the loins and throw them on the grill. (Note: do not over cook)

Me to man I'm only 16 but I love cooking deer. I like to get a backstrap and cut.it down the middle (long ways) and put jalopes,green onions, and sweet onions. Wrap it in bacon and marinated it for 24 hours. Just season it with your favorite seasonings. Then cook it on the grill. Yum Yum!

arrow flinger

Me to man I'm only 16 but I love cooking deer. I like to get a backstrap and cut.it down the middle (long ways) and put jalopes,green onions, and sweet onions. Wrap it in bacon and marinated it for 24 hours. Just season it with your favorite seasonings. Then cook it on the grill. Yum Yum!

arrow flinger

What are jalopes? I'm thinking jalapenos?? I like the idea of "stuffing" it before grilling or smoking. I'll have to give that a try.

LYON said:
What are jalopes? I'm thinking jalapenos?? I like the idea of "stuffing" it before grilling or smoking. I'll have to give that a try.

Kind of what I was thinking sounds pretty tasty!

Read this from a Butcher,,always soak deer meat few hrs or overnight in cold salty water to draw all the blood out, before cooking. Meat tastes much better. Also,, I put meat in a small crock-pot. Slit some openings in it,,sprinkle various dry gravy or marinade powders on it, add no moisture. Cook in crockpot for 4-5 hrs. No part of deer will ever,,I mean ever,,be tough!

Remember never cook venison higher than 140* internal temp. And if you've got a smoker do a bacon weave and throw the back strap on it and put it in the smoker. Or if no smoker place it in the middle of the grill and turn the side burners on. Can't be beat.:drink2:

Top Bottom