Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Walleye.....and Pike, lots of them

SaskGuy

I recently purchased a boat and decided to run up to the family cabin for a weekend of fishing. The first day found beautiful weather so I ripped about 7 miles to a spot a like to drift jigs and crawlers for walleyes. About a minute into drift one Tait was doing battle with what is easily his biggest fish so far.
tait_s_pike.jpg

The walleyes weren't fast and furious, we managed to pick up quite a few when we weren't retieing jigs on due to being sawed of by pike.
sateye.jpg

Reid wanted to go after pike so I took him to a large cabbage bed and we nailed the, at one time I think I was 7 for 7 casts.
reidfripike.jpg

We ended the day with around 50 fish, wisely I kept 0 as I knew the father in law had some in his livewell for our supper.:drink2:

The next day brought scattered rains, gusty winds and ugly skies so instead of the family going, I instead took out a friend and only Reid. We again just drifted jigs and crawlers and hammered the eyes, around 60 of them.
reidwall.jpg

suteye.jpg

double1.jpg

We also caught a bunch of pike on the walleye flat, of course Reid caught his largest ever, held here by Bill. I was proud of him as he played it well on his light line, leaderless setup, he needed to rest his arms when he was done.
reid10.jpg

I'm pretty sure I won't have any trouble convincing the kids to go fishing next time.

Wow that looks like fun....thanks for sharing. Sure appreciate the encouragement you provide by spending lots of time with your boys. :way:

Looks like a freakin blast. I need to make it up to Canada for a fishing trip sometime in the near future.

kratz

Oh for the love of God, I don't know if I could be any more jealous right now! I need to get my kids up there. My 6 year old daughter has made it known that she is tired of the stocked trout in lakes around here and wants a challenge...and pike was mentioned. Way to go and your kids' smiles say it best!

Kratz, if you need someone to go with you, let me know!

I may be a little bias but...................when most people in the U.S think fishing they think Ontario. I've never been, but my brother has been to LOTW for a week or two. He said though it was fun catching bass and outside of a Great lakes trip for salmon he wouldn't go back. We're just too spoiled here, if we can't catch 50+ walleye a day we can catch 50+ pike and vice versa.
I would like to catch a catfish one day though and we don't have them here.

Good stuff Kaare, love them big teeth!!! even the "wet socks" once in a while, a guy needs to eat!
:D

:way:

Good pics Kaare. Maybe next year though this year I'm taking my first fishing trip up into northern Wisconsin, perhaps Sask in 2011!

Giant bucks and great fishing...you're killing me!! Any math openings at your school :grin:

Congrats on the fish, and great job getting your boys out on 'em :way:

NWBuck

Simply amazing! How to you hold your composure: top notch fishing and hunting. I would give my left leg to have a fishery like that close by. Congrats and savor the opportunity.

Wow! I'm jealous. Great pictures.....you're lucky to live where you do; Big whitetails and great fishing!

Amazing Kaare! Those boys smiles say it all! :way: Let me know when you are in the area and I'll see what I can do about finding you a big catfish. :way:

Top Bottom