Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Walleye.....and Pike, lots of them

It's just a lake by the name of Keeley lake. It really isn't that big, maybe 50 square miles. The fishing there isn't really any different than any of the other 50-75 lakes within 60 miles of the house. The main reason I go there most often is that we have a cabin there. Like most of the lakes close by, walleye and pike are the primary gamefish. There are also perch, whitefish and burbot. Some other species found close by in the numerous lakes are rainbows, lakers, brook trout and splake, the majority are walleye/pike lakes. A guy has to travel about 70 miles north before he can get into grayling.

As far as fishing goes, we're spoiled rotten and I realize it. If one looked closely at the photos they wouldn't see another boat. We never saw one on Saturday, Friday we saw 2, my inlaws and my wife's aunt and uncle. It's a beautiful day, I'm going to drag the boat a few miles up the road to a close lake and spend the afternoon chasing pike and perch.

Last edited:
The fishing there isn't really any different than any of the other 50-75 lakes within 60 miles of the house. The main reason I go there most often is that we have a cabin there.

Now you're just being a show-off! :D And yes, that's just me being jealous as hell! At least you admit to being spoilt rotten. But then, if I had access to that kind of fishing, I'd be posting pics every day and relishing in all of it! I'm so jealous...

At least you admit to being spoilt rotten.
Filthy rotten. It's an incredible resource.
Anyone ever bother with these things? They can be a pile of fun for kids and this afternoon we hammered them.
july212.jpg

july213.jpg

july214.jpg

july21.jpg

By the way,..that's a lollipop in Tait's mouth, not a cigarette. LOL

Top Bottom