Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Warm boots?

bmazzo8

Hey guys, I'm looking to give my wife some ideas for a Christmas gift. Do any of you recommend a pair of hunting boots that keep your feet warm on real cold days? Thanks again!!

I bought some Muck Woody Max boots this year. I'm going out tomorrow and Tues and will let you know how they hold up. I've liked them so far during turkey in the spring, but this cold is why I got them.

I bought a pair of Wiggy's earlier this year. I've only worn them once and it wasn't brutal cold so I don't think saying that they kept my feet warm means much. I'll definitely be testing them out next weekend.

My initial impression: not great for climbing into a tree stand or doing a lot of walking.

Go to your nearest army surplus and get some Micky mouse boots. Think I paid $70 for a pair last year in Marion. They work great for late muzzleloader. They are a little heavy. Plenty of room for foot warmers too. I just wear one pair of socks and good to go. Stepped in a creek, just poured out the water, and again good to go. Wear them all the time doing outside work in winter. I think the sizing is a little off, probably want to try them on yourself before purchase.

From what I've been reading the muck woody max is supposed to be very warm.
I ordered a pair for late season.

Northern outfitters has a late season boot that's rated to 60 below. That's supposed to be the warmest boot on the planet! It's being redesigned somewhat and will be available march 2014. It's a little over $200.

If it keeps your feet warm that $200 is cheap!

Go to your nearest army surplus and get some Micky mouse boots. Think I paid $70 for a pair last year in Marion. They work great for late muzzleloader. They are a little heavy. Plenty of room for foot warmers too. I just wear one pair of socks and good to go. Stepped in a creek, just poured out the water, and again good to go. Wear them all the time doing outside work in winter. I think the sizing is a little off, probably want to try them on yourself before purchase.

Ditto on these boots!

I just bought a pair of the Cabelas Saskatchewan Pac boots. They are very warm and surprisingly light for larger pac boots. Only need to wear one pair of socks. Been hunting below zero temps for 3 hour sits and my feet are very warm by the end of the sit.

Alphaburly Pro Side-Zip 18" Realtree Xtra 1000G Best Insulated Rubbers I have ever purchased. Well worth the money. Check them out!

I agree with the Mickey Mouse boots. I wish I knew what happened to the pair my dad had. If not those, also check out a pair of White's pac boots. They are expensive, but they are worth every single penny. My wildland fire boots are custom White's and they have been through quite a bit and are still in great shape.

I just bought a pair of the Cabelas Saskatchewan Pac boots. They are very warm and surprisingly light for larger pac boots. Only need to wear one pair of socks. Been hunting below zero temps for 3 hour sits and my feet are very warm by the end of the sit.

Yes, this is what I have, I only wear a thin pair of Under Armour moisture wicking socks and my feet never get cold! I've hunted to -10 windchill in these and been toasty all sit.
I have a heart condition which causes me to have poor circulation in hands and feet and these are the only boots that have ever worked for me

Regarding the Muc Woody Max boots, I have a pair, and they are truly awesome boots. My son pretty much hijacked my current pair, so I will be getting another. However, when the temps plummet as they have recently, I don't think you'll find them the warmest boot you've ever hope to find. I have had a pair of Cabela's pac boots for about 10 years now, and they only get worn a handful of times each season, but when the temps get around zero or lower, the Muc's just aren't as warm as other options out there.

NWBuck

Get her some minus 33 merino wool socks also...

X2 on this one.

I have found that a good pair of socks with wicking capabilities makes up for less than stellar foot wear.
Part of the reason my feet get so cold is because they sweat inside my 1200 gram thinsulate rubber boots. Good socks helps to offset that issue.

I have Irish Setter pack boots, they are the bomb. I also have a pair of Cabelas Pack boots from maybe 3 years ago and factually, the Irish setters are warmer. I used to swap them back and forth to compare and no question the setters out performed them. I am sure above suggestions have some good ones. Either of my Pack boots blow away my Muck Arctic Pro's for being warm. not even close. I like my Muck boots but NOT for cold weather.

I have Irish Setter pack boots, they are the bomb. I also have a pair of Cabelas Pack boots from maybe 3 years ago and factually, the Irish setters are warmer. I used to swap them back and forth to compare and no question the setters out performed them. I am sure above suggestions have some good ones. Either of my Pack boots blow away my Muck Arctic Pro's for being warm. not even close. I like my Muck boots but NOT for cold weather.

I actually think my Arctic Pro's did great keeping my feet warm this year.

What was the name on your Cabelas pac boots?

If you want a pair of great boots that will keep your feet warm then you need to check out the Sorel Intrepid Explorer boots. As with any pac boot that is built to be warm they are a little bulky, but having warm boots while sitting in a treestand is priceless !! Speaking of price they aren't cheap at 249.00 but if you search Google you can find them for a lot less. 1000 gram boots don't even begin to compare to these. I only drag these out when it is really cold out.
http://www.amazon.com/Sorel-Mens-In...386623793&sr=1-1&keywords=sorel+intrepid+boot

I actually think my Arctic Pro's did great keeping my feet warm this year.
My Arctic Pro's are the warmest and most comfortable boots I've owned. I've had trouble in the past with cold feet but these do the best and comfortable if walking long distances. Good pair of wool socks and if I'm walking a long ways I will roll them down to keep my feet from getting too hot then roll them up when reaching the place I want to sit.

Top Bottom