Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you do for a living?

Liv4Rut

Hi guys, I was just wondering what all you guys do for a living? It seems so funny to me, that I know all you guys by your screen names, i could probably say what kind of bow you shoot, whats your hunting preference and the list goes on and on and on, then i sit here and think, I wonder what they do for a living or where they live at, then i come to realize i dont know much about the man behind the screen name lol probably a dumb post but i was wondering anyways. IM a college student at ISU (and i know i will catch something for that) and im majoring in chemical engineering. how about you?
smile.gif

Good post L4R, it should get interesting. I'm a self employed excavator/fencing contractor. I live in Littlestown, PA, 10 miles east of Gettysburg, where the big battle ended.
waytogo.gif

work in a limnology department. i collect invertebrate samples, electroshock fish, and do stream intregrity sampling. also do statewide stream and river sampling for water quality issues. when we get "lucky" we get to go to big industries (processing plants like IBP for example) or sewage lagoons and do compliance sampling in the nugget streams.

currently looking for other employment.

Great idea LIV4RUT! I've also wondered this same exact thing. I am the location supervisor for a large coop here in central Nebraska. My main responsibility is operations. Making sure all equipment is running and that people are where thay need to be to get the job done. I live in Geneva which is about 60 miles SW of Lincoln.

Good post Liv.. could have picked a better Big 12 school tho...
grin.gif
evil.gif
I work as a Maintenance Electrician for 3M in SW Wisconsin. Best part about my job is I get to fix what the engineers can't
busted.gif
smashcomp.gif

I am a Veterinarian that works on Both small and large animals. The practice is located in West-Central Illinois about 2 Miles from Iowa and about 4 miles from Missouri (right across the river from Keokuk Ia) and I hold veterinary licenses in all three states.

I got to ISU with LIV4RUT, I am majoring in teaching and agronomy. We hunt together up here at school when the boss let's him go.
laugh.gif

Good Post, I'm in the Family Business, no not that kind of family, my Dad, Uncle, cousin and I manufacture Marble and Granite Countertops, vatiny tops, tubs, panels, slabs, etc. We've been doing this for over 30 years. I'm also a Area Rep for the Iowa Bowhunters Association, President of the Mid Iowa Archers, Staff shooter for Central Iowa Archery, Hoyt, and Trophy Ridge. We currently have Daughter #2 on the way. What do you think would look better, pink and blue camo or bonkerflauge in the new baby's room?

I work for a small independent telephone company in Van Buren county.There are only five of us that work here so we all do everything from plowing in new cable to working on switching equipment, internet, T-1s, well you get the picture.
30571-green1.gif

I am a Automotive Project Engineer. I do the computer design and programming to build automotive tooling for all the interior components in your cars and trucks. Currently working on the interior door panels for the 2005-2006 model year Cadilac Deville and Buick LaSabre. Opps, lunch is over, better hit the programming.
grin.gif

That's strange Ghost, Auggie told me you are a proffesional coffee sampler and hunting video watcher?
evil.gif

I work for Reservoir Natural Resources. Things I do are deer management, electro fish, invert collection, for stream quality, and water collection in our three reservoirs. Hey Muddy why do you want to leave you job, are you a Bio major?

icon_headbang.gif

'BONKERFLAGE BABY!!!!!! You should be careful though. There are some patterns of 'Bonkerflage that could cause infants to have unpleasent dreams.

I'm a flight nurse at the UofI. If you're dyin, you want us flyin.

The 'Bonker

Previously known as Jeff5611. I'm a firefighter in Omaha, Nebraska. Implanted from Denison, Iowa.
bouncefire.gif

Professional Land Surveyor - Marshalltown, I get to set landowners straight on what they own. It can be very interesting, as people get quite possessive of what they "think" they own.

Bonker, You certainly do not wear those shirts to work?????? Those could put a lot of people into cardiac arrest, cause a stroke, or just plain die
grin.gif

Top Bottom