Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What do you do for a living?

I'm currently looking for a career move preferably into ag sales/marketing but am open to any sales/marketing type position. Have a bachelor's in business and need help!

I already work 40 hours at my "day job" and farm 5 nights a week + weekends....I have a pretty good idea what I'm getting into.

I agree...stay out of ag if you like to hunt! I'm a pilot who happens to be an agronomist for a large seed company in central iowa to feed that habit. When I can't afford to fly by fall, I bowhunt! Was an agronomy manager at a coop, so I second what those guys said too!

Like many of you - I just found this post. Only a few months behind.

I am a Certified Wildlife Biologist and work for a private non-profit wildlife organization in Mississippi. Have a great wife of 14 years and two beautiful little girls ages 10 and 8 who love to spend time in the outdoors.

For those of you who don't know, what draws me to this site is as follows - I was born in Davenport, IA and raised in Atlantic, IA. Other then my older brother, all of my family still lives in Iowa. Graduated from Atlantic High School and then worked as an Assistant Supervisor in the beef packing plant in Oakland, IA. When they shut the plant down in 1984 I figured I'd better get an education so I went to Arkansas Tech University in Russellville, AR where I got my B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife management. Moved to MS in 1990.

Now you know the rest of the story...........

[ QUOTE ]
Like many of you - I just found this post. Only a few months behind.

I am a Certified Wildlife Biologist and work for a private non-profit wildlife organization in Mississippi. Have a great wife of 14 years and two beautiful little girls ages 10 and 8 who love to spend time in the outdoors.

For those of you who don't know, what draws me to this site is as follows - I was born in Davenport, IA and raised in Atlantic, IA. Other then my older brother, all of my family still lives in Iowa. Graduated from Atlantic High School and then worked as an Assistant Supervisor in the beef packing plant in Oakland, IA. When they shut the plant down in 1984 I figured I'd better get an education so I went to Arkansas Tech University in Russellville, AR where I got my B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife management. Moved to MS in 1990.

Now you know the rest of the story...........

[/ QUOTE ]Wow went to college with a guy from Atlantic and work with a guy from Russleville. I'm an air traffic controller from Iowa that lives in Okla.

I am a Detention Supervisor at the Pottawattamie County Sheriffs Office. We house up to 288 of the states "best" citizens + some of Mexico's (INS) best.

Currently, I'm finishing up at Central College in Pella as an accounting major. Soon, I'll be joining a lot of you in the CR/IC area as an accountant at Rockwell Collins. I hope to find some land and get going in a new area as soon as possible!!!!!
-Jon

i dont work becuz im still in skool, but my dream is to be a DNR officer. i love to spend time outdoors, and i think it would be neat to bust ppl that arent following to rules of hunting. i kno it takes a lot of time in skool and college but its my dream and i want it to come true!!!

I worked at the University of Iowa Hospitals as a Respiratory Therapist from '92-'02. I married a physician, quit working and took an (really)early retirement. I'm now a full-time dad/bowhunter
smirk.gif

DLO, you are my hero
grin.gif
I always joke with my wife asking here why she wasn't a dr. instead of a teacher so I could be a stay at home dad. She never seems to think the idea is as good as I do.
blush.gif

Top Bottom