Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What does everyone shoot for a bow

My first compund bow is a Mathews SQ32. I did alot of reading about and shooting other bows and the SQ32 just semed to fit my hand and have a "feel" that the others didn't. The guys at Fin and Feather in Iowa City got sick of me comming in and trying the different brands and models. They eventually got my money. Their expertise and the way the SQ32 shoots was well worth the money. And yes I have one in the freezer and two more tags to fill.

The 'Bonker

I shoot a PSE Mach-6. I feel like I'm carrying around a ton of bricks when I feel the weight of the new bows on the market. However, it's a great bow and I shoot it well, which is the only thing that matters. I'm going to shoot it until either the bow or myself fall apart, whichever comes first. Probably me.

Custom Blacktail Recurve. 55# at 28 inches. Most beautiful thing I layed my eyes on (except the wife)

Q2 XL.....but I have a Dale Dye recurve on order to increase my frustration factor!

Micah
I have the same bow. I got it late in the season last year. I didn't get any chances to kill any thing with it last year. This year I got a nice dow with it. She as quartering away when I shot. The arrow went through the liver,both lungs, and the heart and still came all the way out the other side. It was about a 15 yd shot I was very impressed with the bow. I just love it.

Pitzy78

Longbow, is there another kind?
grin.gif

Good comeback Bowbender!

My favorite bow is my Schafer Silvertip takedown recurve, made by the late Paul Schafer.

The last two years though I did start hunting with a new Darton, can't tell you the model.

TLH

I shoot a Mathews also, they are great. I bought the new one, the Ultra 2, earlier this year and love it. It's supposed to shoot 320 plus, but I have yet to prove it through the chronograph. Yeah, speed doesn't really matter when hunting, but if you enjoy shooting year round, it's fun to tinker with bows, that's what I enjoy!

I shoot a PSE (the beast) nothing fancy, but seems to get the job done. Also I should add I'm left handed, so when I went to buy a new bow a few years ago inventory was pretty limited. The rest of my hunting partners use HIGH COUNTRY. The new Hoyt looks nice but would have to shoot.

Top Bottom