Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What is the best one pin bow sight?

I have been shooting a decent bit the past week after pulling the trigger on a new rest (Ripcord Code Red). After getting it dialed in, I did some shooting at 25 yards and then moved to 35 yards while leaving my HHA set on 25 yrds. The arrow impact dropped about 5-6 inches. This should drop the arrow right in the kill zone out to almost 40 yards if the animal squats to bolt off. Past that distance, in most cases I will have an opportunity to adjust the rest slightly (although I doubt if I would ever take the shot at past the 40 yrd distance anyway).

FYI - 29 in CE Maxima 350 shot from a 07 Hoyt Vectrix shooting approx. 65 lbs. draw.

Brent,

My opinion only, but I think there are very few times when you should ever "plan" for an animal to drop. You and many others have more experience than myself. But I feel like if your doing your job, they will never know you are there #1, #2 it seems like 90% of the deer I have shot are preoccupied with something else, food, tail, scrapes, etc etc. I would think that most modern bows, under most circumstances, would get an arrow there in time before the drop.

There are definitely times when you KNOW that they are going to drop, staring at you, watch you draw, you know the drill. I just dont plan for it, just aim for the top of the heart and fling.

Just for comfort.. If your arrow is going ~300 fps sound is going ~1100 fps, it should all happen so fast that it wont matter most of the time.

Top Bottom