Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What It's All About

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
I took my kids to daycare this morning and as I was about to leave, I looked at my son who was tearing up and sticking his lip out about ready to cry. I knelt down to ask what was wrong because he likes the kids at daycare and we have a hard time dragging him home :grin:

He whimpered, "Daddy, shed hunting"
"You want me to take you shed hunting?" I asked?
He nodded as he wiped tears from his eyes.

I have a stack of work to do today including a few deadlines, but I could not leave my boy like that, especially when it comes to shed hunting. So, I canceled a phone call and told him to put his shoes back on. The look in his eyes at that very moment put a lump in my throat.

I was wearing a hoody, nice jeans, and crocs.... but, off we went! He's still pretty young and has only been out in the woods when weather conditions are more than favorable, i.e. checking cams in the summer. But it was cold and windy, but it didn't slow him down for a minute! I kept telling him we needed to head back to the van, but he insisted on maintaining our course AWAY from the van.... :grin: He's already playing me...

I showed him all the tracks and poo and he did his best to step in every bit of it, which ended up on the back of my seat in the van, :eek: I won't tell my wife that part.... :grin:

No sheds, (next time I'll make sure we find a few ;) ) but his excitement was slight in comparison to mine. You fathers out there understand where I'm coming from. Kids are the greatest thing in the world!!

Thanks for indulging me for a bit and sharing my sentiments, I figured this was the right place for this story. Its nothing new, but it made my year!

:way:

picture.php

picture.php

That is awesome Thomas!!!

I bet the both of you really enjoyed that.

Now if you put a few sheds out there for him to find you will have a shed hunter for life. :)

Nice camo !! Sounds like some great time afield. Hoping to do the same with my 12 yr old twins this weekend.

That is awesome! That 2nd pic is great man! We are expecting our first child in September...will be a big change but so excited! Thanks for sharing Thomas!

Now these are the type of posts I love the most! Well done Thomas! The look on his face says it all!

Awesome! You are about to enjoy many more! My son got his first turkey and deer in 2011. He asks me to take him shed hunting everyday!

Top Bottom