What would you have done about this???

The hunter and his family did the ethical thing no doubt. Sucky situation. Wouldnt be hard for me to tell everyone I thought might know the guy or his family and tell them the story. And what an donky he is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kansasbowhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I know that my "redneck" side would probably come out if it was me....
</div></div>

Yea my redneck side would win out. It would be a way worse situation when I was done.

Dean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JNRBRONC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In Iowa, you have the right to pursue wounded game animals if you are unarmed. Leave the weapon at the fence and follow up the blood trail is what I would have done. </div></div>

Not here! They reccomend you to get a CO but they still don't have to let you enter their property.I know someone it happened to.Suckey law, But hey thats Kansas for ya.The land of opportunity .Opportunity for non-residents.They will probably pass a law where a non-resident can retrieve his game whether anyone likes it or not. Hey Jody, How much ground has been boughten or leased up around you're area?

Sad deal. I've never understood people like this. But..they are out there. Glad there's not many /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hate to sound vigilante but in a sport I spend 365, 24/7 it would have been pretty obvious at his initial reaction that I should get the deer now...and probably, irrationally, leave him worse for the worry...

Sad for the kid.

I realize the world and people are different everywhere but i guess the age old adage of treating people the way you'd like to be treated is still one of the best pieces of advice i have ever learned. I guess the landowner missed that day of human relationships and class seminar that his mom and dad should have handed him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: loneranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wonder if the neighbor was an Anti Hunter? Or just mean and selfish? </div></div>

First thing i thought was geesh what a selfish p.o.s. He went out and took a saw to the deer so im guessing hes not an anti-hunter. But who knows.

What a complete jerk! All I have to say is never second guess your self when you do the right thing. It sucks you lost the deer but you taught your son a great lesson in doing the right thing. As far as the jackass landowner goes what comes around goes around.

I am gonna go with 3 day old gut pile spread all over his porch, followed by that bucks nuts stuffed under a truck seat, just for starters. Pretty sure that all the neighbors who have helped this landowner out would know about it too!!!

Back