Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's is your true goal in these season

BDAHMS

Be here Now
What are you true plans for the comming weeks?
1 mine is to put my dad in front of a mature shooter
2 I was to honestly say I have hunted this season to my best ability and involving the best people around me to accomplish the hunt
3 looking forward to seeing a giant go down in my food plots.

You guys??

Last edited:
Haven't pulled my bow off the hanger for a deer in 2 years. I'd kinda like to do that this year.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
With limited vacation time due to work my goal will be to put an arrow in the first mature deer that gives me the opportunity. Also hunt smarter and not force anything.

To enjoy nature, To enjoy bowhunting for the right reasons,To hunt save,To obey all laws,To respect wildlife, To be called a bowhunter and if it happens put my tag on a buck of my choosing

2 goals:

- Make it to Nov 15 without dealing with the dreaded burnout. (I tend to hunt harder not smarter).

- Move in for the kill based off of trail cam intel.

After my body gets over the shock of crawling outta bed at 4;30 and stumbling out thru the brush, in the dark , This should take only 3 mornings or so,,then I will enjoy watching life on my land, and talking to GOD. Deer are the icing on the cake.

I have the goal of getting my father a good buck. He hasn't shot a buck for 15 years waiting on the right one. He is the only one I've had hunt our best farm so far this year. I'm also taking him to IL on the hunts I bought to benefit Paul last winter.

Goals this year:

1. Get my kids a deer and ensure they love it...oh and make sure I enjoy every minute of it - 50% complete
2. Get my wife a deer and make it a great experience for her - hoping to close this out tonight...fingers crossed
3. Harvest a couple deer for other people that need the meat - not started
4. Harvest a deer from the ground with a bow.
5. Have a opportunity at a deer bigger than anything I have shot before - not started
6. Film as much as possible
7. Enjoy everything - never know when it could be your last
8. Try new spots

Late Muzzleloader - See a shooter buck.

150"+ typical or a freak. Freak wouldn't have to score high, just be unique enough to grab my interest.

1. Not fall out of the treestand - seriously. My family needs me around a bit longer.:rolleyes:
2. Enjoy my season for whatever it gives me.
3. Hunt smart rather than just hunt hard.
4. Get a shot opportunity on a mature buck - hopefully one I have some history with.

Last edited:
1. Spend time with my boys.
2. Watch the deer use the food plots and habitat that we have worked so hard to create and develop.
3. Listen for the sounds of leaves crunching on a crisp November morning and upon hearing that...staring a hole in the forest floor trying to pick out the approaching animal.
4. Look down into the dark timber and at first see just the white tips of a big antler or only the breath of a big buck that is out on the prowl.
5. And I am in the mood to shoot a buck this year, maybe two, it all depends on which cull bucks show up first. :D

my biggest priority is my dad. he picked up bow hunting again 2 seasons ago, after 15 years or so of no archery. this is his third season- second season with his own bow. I have told him to kill whatever he would like for his first bow kill to get the monkey off his back and draw first blood with a stick n string... but that stubborn sob holds out on every 130"-140" buck that crosses him lol i guess its his nature to want a bigger one than he already has on the wall(164") :) no shame there, and itll pay off in the long run for us

1.mature bow buck, antlers don't matter as much as being old/a brute

2.early muzz buck, same as above-complete

3. Try not to spook any deer cheering for the 49ers from the tree stand :) -- work in progress

in no order of importance..
Relaxing & getting a break.
Having fun & spending time with fam.
Shooting old bucks or happily eating my tag. Shooting necessary amount of does on new place & learning that one new farm

I've already accomplished one goal and that was to help my daughter get her deer tag filled. Now I will switch gears to helping her get her javelina tag filled. After that, my goal is to simply find the time to get out in December to archery hunt when my otc tag opens back up. And if I can make it out, I'm going to take my son on his first "hunt" by letting him tag along with me so he can learn to enjoy hunting.

1. Kill a nice mature deer
2. Get my girlfriend hooked on bowhunting (this will be pretty easy)
3. Enjoy sharing stories with family and friends
4. Kill some coyotes
5. Take in everything and enjoy every day I can spend in the woods

1) To get my friend on his first buck
2) Get a kill on camera
3) Kill another mature buck
4) Enjoy more than just bowhunting, need to take breaks and hunt waterfowl this year

Top Bottom