Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What's is your true goal in these season

1. get back to Iowa again and spend some time with some of then nicest guys ive met in the deer woods.
2. relax and just enjoy what can happen there.
3. get a bigger buck than the one i got in 12,

1. Balance family, work and hunting.
2. Enjoy each hunt.
3. Hunt smarter.
4. Try a couple new spots.
5. See a few mature deer, shoot one if the opportunity comes.
6. Pass younger deer.
7. Don't spook any deer-- already failed.

1. Kill one bigger than any I have killed
2. Get good solid footage we can use for our shows
3. Put my buddy on a nice mature Iowa buck
4. Most important ENJOY what God has made for us.

After putting a lot of pressure on myself the past three seasons and only harvesting one buck...mainly due to waiting for a 'mature' buck, that probably does not exist on the places/public I hunt my main goal is to just relax and enjoy it.

1. Enjoy the time out there with nature and just enjoy it.
2. Shoot a decent buck
3. Hunt smart, (safely, entry/exit, wind)
4. Try and not be lazy about getting out of bed early.

-my first was to get my wife her first bow buck and as many of you read we were successful at that
-shoot a bigger deer then Skip
-Rub it in his face...neener neener neener!

1. I'm teaching a buddy of mine to bow hunt, so getting his first harvest is priority one.

2.Hopefully enjoy my own success on a mature buck.

3. Find a healthy alternative to the leftover Halloween candy that has become my official ration of all day rut hunts.

1. To see a specific buck from trail cams in person (hopefully shoot)
2. Scout/hunt my foodplots and hopefully learn how the deer are utilizing the plots
3. Put less pressure on myself and like many have said, enjoy it more

This has to be the greatest thread I have seen yet. Good to see its not just about killing something.

Goal: 1 Hunt with the wife and try and get her on anything
2 get back to enjoying the hunt and not making it a chore or frustration
3 take pictures

I like the "balance work hunting family" response, might be the most challenging thing for me. 50+ hour work week, I'm an officer in the national guard and have a 1 yr old. Time in the stand is a blessing!

For me it would haft to be to fill my doe tags to fill my freezer for my family, and since I only have access to public land, I would love to get a shot at any decent buck, 120 class in my book is a monster, my main goal is to get my father out pheasant hunting for the first time in about 8 years and to take my son out for his first hunt ever, plan to start him off on pheasant, he can't sit still long enough for deer yet, big hopes and dreams this year.

1. Enjoy the outdoors and everything it has to offer.
2. Relax and hunt smart.
3. Get a good shot on a mature deer.
4. If the shot presents it self relax and do what I know I can. Stop rushing it.
And last goes back to 1 & 2. Enjoy every minute I have in the great outdoors. Doesn't get any better than a sunrise in a tree stand on a crisp morning.

1. Balance family, work and hunting.
2. Enjoy each hunt.
3. Hunt smarter.
4. Try a couple new spots.
5. See a few mature deer, shoot one if the opportunity comes.
6. Pass younger deer.
7. Don't spook any deer-- already failed.

Thought it might be fun to see how well everyone met their goals. For me:
1. Think I did a good job since I hunted maybe 1/2-2/3 of the time I have in the past and didn't complain too much when my wife asked me to do other things.
2. Pretty much enjoyed each hunt. Can't say that I didn't have fun each time out...some more fun than others.
3. Tried to play the wind more, and not get too aggressive on spots, as well as moved around so I hopefully didn't overhunt one area. #1 buck outsmarted me tho, or got lucky.
4. Tried a couple new spots from the ground, and actually didn't hunt a couple of my stands at all.
5. Saw a few 4.5+ bucks and mature does. 4.5s (or so I thought) got to walk without picking up my bow and didn't see anything that old (actually very few bucks) in shotgun.
6. Didn't shoot any deer.
7. Had already failed when I wrote these goals, and spooked a few more.

Guess I did decent.

1) To get my friend on his first buck 2) Get a kill on camera 3) Kill another mature buck 4) Enjoy more than just bowhunting, need to take breaks and hunt waterfowl this year

1) Well I ended up getting the kid on the oldest buck I've ever seen however he got shoulder and we never found it

2 & 3) no kills and truly no opportunities so wasn't really possible this year

4) I did go waterfowling a few times and even went pheasant hunting

Overall this year was still a blast and I'm ready for next year

What are you true plans for the comming weeks?
1 mine is to put my dad in front of a mature shooter
2 I was to honestly say I have hunted this season to my best ability and involving the best people around me to accomplish the hunt
3 looking forward to seeing a giant go down in my food plots.

You guys??

1- my dad killed his first buck with a bow. Pumped for him
2- I accomplished that goal - surrounded by great people
3- a giant didn't go down- but a Mule deer did?!?!

Was a great year - I personally didn't kill a buck but happy with the year.

Goals this year:

1. Get my kids a deer and ensure they love it...oh and make sure I enjoy every minute of it - 50% complete
2. Get my wife a deer and make it a great experience for her - hoping to close this out tonight...fingers crossed
3. Harvest a couple deer for other people that need the meat - not started
4. Harvest a deer from the ground with a bow.
5. Have a opportunity at a deer bigger than anything I have shot before - not started
6. Film as much as possible
7. Enjoy everything - never know when it could be your last
8. Try new spots

Late Muzzleloader - See a shooter buck.

1. Complete - Both my kids got there first deer
2. Wife got her best buck
3. failed
4. failed
5. Complete, both my bow and muzzy deer were bigger than any previous year
6. Complete - filmed a lot of deer on camera
7. Complete - enjoyed ever minute I was hunting
8. Always need to be expanding my range.

For my family, the 2014 seasons was awesome. 2 of my kids were able to get their first deer and turkeys this year. I know that this year will not be able to be matched with those first memories . I am pumped for 2015.

Top Bottom