Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Where should I setup?

wapsiguy

PMA Member
I had a friend call me over lunch to check out one of the local cemeterys because there was some turkeys hanging out and jakes strutting.

I happened to have the camera with me. I stopped and tried to take some photos from the truck but they were too far for a good pic, so I got out and walked towards them yelping with my mouth and they ran right to me so I snapped some pics.

IMG_00131.JPG

I was at the cemetery for about 20 minutes taking pics and playing around with them. All five were jakes but you could definitly tell who was #1 and #2. Gobbling and purring the whole time.

IMG_00201.JPG

IMG_00241.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

These poor jakes are gonna get themselves into trouble cause they were very aggressive and some old lady will get her but kicked if she doesn't know what to do or not to do.

The last pic is me leaving as they chased/followed me all the way to my truck.

IMG_0032.JPG

Not much makes me laugh as much as Jakes do....

hahahaha

awesome!!

Cant wait to shoot a red head!

Are they wild birds or possibly off a farm nearby?

You damn near had the self defense argument.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are they wild birds or possibly off a farm nearby?

You damn near had the self defense argument. </div></div>

They are wild birds that were born and raised on the edge of town. Obviously they are not afraid of humans. I would bet that a few if not all of the male birds will have to be caught and transported to an unknown location.

There was a Tom not too far from where these were that had to be relocated because it was chasing and acting aggressive towards people a few springs ago.

Have you ever tried using yourself as a decoy. It just might work. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Those pictures make me LOL.

Take a video camera out there and get some more action. It would be absolutely hilarious to throw up a Pretty Boy decoy and watch them annhilate it. Hell, I'd drive over just to drink a few beers and watch that.

If I was going to do that I will have to do it soon. I was just told that the fearless 5 attacked a person on a walking trail last week and had the police involved. I'm afraid their days are numbered inside the city limits.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, that's not funny for those who had their ass kicked by some jakes, but really, it's funny. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

The "Fearless 5"

Better go out and get another few pictures tonight.

Here is the infamous leader of the "Fearless 5"

IMG_0030.JPG

I think he is even in mid gobble. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

haha the button bucks of the turkey world. They are dumb. You better not stop to tie your shoe!!

Top Bottom