Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whisker biscuit or fall-away?

zenhunter

Which do you use?

I have a fall-away, but it might be a nice change to look down and have my arrow still in the rest.

I use the whisker biscuit for the main fact that I hunt on the ground alot, and I am always sneaking around in thick brush to crp. If I am stalking a deer, I have an arrow knocked, and I don't want to have to worry about it jumping off my rest.

From everything that I have read, heard about, and seen, you will probably get just a little more accuracy out of a drop away rest. But unless you are a 3 D shooter, where an inch counts on accuracy, you will shoot great with the wisker biscuit.

IMO there is no reason not to shoot a fall-away of some sort anymore. If your looking for full containment. Look into the Ripcord, QAD Ultra Rest, or the Trophy Taker FC just to name a few. All are great rests and there is no chance of your arrow jumping off the rest.

99% of the guys that would say WB probably never tried a fall-away before or if they did it was not full containment.

99% of the guys that say fall-away have shot a WB, tried a fall-away and never looked back. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

I've used both a fall-away that was not full containment, and a fall-away that was full containment. I switched back to the WB and have never looked back.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jjohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">99% of the guys that would say WB probably never tried a fall-away before or if they did it was not full containment.

99% of the guys that say fall-away have shot a WB, tried a fall-away and never looked back. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif </div></div>

Thats me.

This is the first year I have switched to a fall away....having always shot the WB in the past.

I went with the QAD Ultra this year and am curious to see how much difference it makes. So far I think the accuracy is better, but will it be durable in the deer woods? Time will tell. I will be sure to give a full gear report end of year on all teh gear I use this year. The tipping point for me going to the QAD was the full containment. That is key when hunting. Also, with the QAD you can come to full draw then let down without having to recock the rest. A very important feature while hunting IMO. good luck /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

One more thing. I dont think there is anything wrong with a WB for hunting. They are definately cheaper. But if you can gain a little accuracy + maintain the full containment....what the heck if budget is not in play ( or wife doesn't know /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif). Both will ultimately serve you well in the deer woods. My biggest skeptic point on the QAD is the string atttachent that looks fragile. I'm told its not...maybe those guys haven't hunted with me /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif.....I tend to be hard on gear when in the moment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more thing. I dont think there is anything wrong with a WB for hunting. They are definately cheaper. But if you can gain a little accuracy + maintain the full containment....what the heck.</div></div>

I agree 100%. I'm thinking you'll like the QAD.

180class your the 1%. hehe Good Luck hunting this fall.

Well I had the shop put the whisker biscuit on. I like that the arrow will stay put. Nannyslayer was right, though, about the accuracy difference.

I used to shoot groups at 20 that fit well within a thumb and forefinger circle. The groups spread out to the edge of that circle, about an inch, with the WB.

i have shot a drop away of some sort for a long time and will never consider the biscuit, i guess accuracy is more important to me. i stalked and killed a buck antelope in the badlands of North Dakota and never had a problem with the arrow falling off th rest. in fact in the past 8 years of using a drop away, i cannot think of a single time where my arrow was not on the rest when i came to full draw. i get out quite a bit and have not ever had any problems!

i currently use the Trophy Taker full containment!

I will be switching to one or the other real soon . My main concern is durability . I have no doubt the wb will be be capable of better accuracy than I am in a hunting situation so that is really not a concern of mine . It can be pretty rough on my equipment in the woods. I want a rest that wont allow my arrow to slip off , will perform well in all weather conditions ,and is reasonably durable.

Make 180 in the 2%. I switched from a fall away to a WB and havent switched back. Its just to simple, durable, reliable, and accuruate. Everything I'm looking for in hunting equipment. Shooting dots standing in a range and hunting are not the same.

I'll never switch from a fall away unless something even better comes along someday. Love them, IMO the best innovation to hit the market of archery accessories since fiber optic sights. As you can see though, opinions vary. The big thing is...use whatever works best for YOU and gives you the most confidence in the field!

I used a drop away, then decided to try a whisker biscuit. I could get feathered arrows to paper tune but could not get vaned arrows to shoot straight.

I went back to a drop away.

Drop away here. I can't believe how much more accurate you can shoot with them. I think it is the one simple thing that anyone can do to increase their accuracy by alot, unless you have perfect form.... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LIV4RUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> unless you have perfect form.... </div></div>

which no one does

I put a lot more arrows through the new WB today...

20-30-40 yds, everything hit well within the vitals. I'll keep it on for at least this season.

After that, who knows, maybe a whole new bow...the ones at the range are lookin' awful nice...lightweight, compact, quiet.

Top Bottom