Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Whisker biscuit or fall-away?

Nap Scissor, full containment and drop away. So far so good, haven't had a chance to shoot it too much though.

I use a drop away.. I've never tried a WB, but I have a friend that likes using one.. it seems like it really tears his fletching up a lot.

I am not to happy when it gets cold... The WB tends to
"scrape" and make a sound when pulling back on it. Anyone know how to fix that???

I'd say drop away.

I'd also suggest (like others have said) a QAD. I was (still am) a big fan of the Limb Driver but for a FC rest with great results, the QAD is a fantactic rest. I recently threw a QAD HD on my Elite Z28 and LOVE IT. I'll be comparing the QAD side by side this year. I have also have a Limbe Driver on my GT500 (and my last 5 bows).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nock on Wood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not to happy when it gets cold... The WB tends to
"scrape" and make a sound when pulling back on it. Anyone know how to fix that??? </div></div>

Yep, and they eat fletching like a barbed-wire fence! Drop-Away, all the way! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Lookin' around the internet, there are a lot of love it/hate it discussions that have gone on about the WB.

A few people have said that woven shafts are noisy in a biscuit but not other kinds of arrows.

About them making noise on cold days, some say yeah, some say no. Couple of people said to do a light coat of chap stick or armor-all type stuff on the arrow and that solves the problem.

Some say they're noisy all the time. Others say they've shot bucks at 12 yds with a WB and the deer never looked their way.

Some say the WB eats fletching, others say not at all. I bet they do eat feathers, but my Quikspins don't seem bothered.

Couple of guys said WBs are rookie equipment; another guy with 26 yrs of bowhunting experience said the WB was great and only wished he'd discovered it sooner.

Plenty of gripes about drop aways too, from rebound noice, to arrow chatter on draw, to cords catching brush.

Still, I think I'll need the name of a good archery shop near Indianola, just in case I decide to go back to a drop away part-way through the hunt.

I shoot the WB and my 2" blazers have held up real well going threw the WB. I haven't noticed any kind of noise when its cold. If you are looking for a good bow shop Buck Hollow in Pella would be able to hook you up. Thats not too far from Indianola.

I thought wisker biscuits were only used by kids and those new to archery. But I guess I can see why many would stick with what's working.

Top Bottom