Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who do you prefer, DeSantis or Trump?

I don't know that many farmers but I know of at least 4 with second homes. It sounds like you also know of some. Tell me what does a corn and soybean farmer busts his ass doing in the winter. Then again in the middle of summer. I get it if the farmer has livestock that's 24-7-365 I'm not talking about those.
I know a crap ton of farmers non of which have second homes and I guess instead of leaving the house at 6 to go the farm this morning and getting home 12 hours later I should of been sitting on beach in my second home. I don't even do it as full time job. Oh wait I was just driving around watching my corn and bean grow. WTH

I don't know that many farmers but I know of at least 4 with second homes. It sounds like you also know of some. Tell me what does a corn and soybean farmer busts his ass doing in the winter. Then again in the middle of summer. I get it if the farmer has livestock that's 24-7-365 I'm not talking about those.
Pretty ignorant. I don’t farm but do own a farm in IL. We rent it to a farmer that in total works about 1100. Him and his hand are busy 365, with all of the things mentioned by NrHarris + 100s if other odds and ends. I know about every farmer for 10 sq miles around us and cannot recall a single one that has a second home.

Our farmer does live in a 8000 sq ft home that has all marble floors and a guy that wipes his ass for him because of the cash he is rolling in.

I've been farming all my life and know tons of farmers in the area - not a single one has a second home. In fact, many of them work a second job just to be able to keep farming as it doesn't provide enough income to support their family on farming alone.

It ain’t an easy life!!!!

If u around farmers - they age a bit harder. It’s hard on the whole body!! & most have battle scars & injuries from it. I’m one of those people & the massive habitat stuff I do compounds it big time. I love it but it’s very hard work.

There’s cycles in both WEATHER & MARKETS where multiple years farmers make $0 or lose some (those renting). Then there’s good years when u do great & save some for the bad years.

It’s year round chores. Fixing equipment. Building or fixing fence. Dirt work. Grain storage. Marketing & selling grain. All the paperwork!!! Cover crops & fertility. Etc etc etc

It’s WAY WAY WAY harder than a lot of 40-50 hour salary jobs.

The big pay day when u see the “rich folks” is after they were grinders for 25-40 years and got their land paid off.

I assure u- it’s one heck of a hard work load & the vast % of the population could not handle the simple stress & difficulties around it.

Yikes......a post about DeSantis and Trump turns into how hard farmers work? There was a guy that posted on another thread that said he did not think it was wise to post political threads on a hunting forum he might have been right............Who in the hell started this thread anyway? Whoever is was needs to be strapped to a bull at the Leon Rodeo and made an example of!

Anyway all the wringing of hands and gnashing of Teeth is over..........DeSantis is the next President.......he won Dade County the last Governors race......... :D :D :D :D :cool:

I know a crap ton of farmers non of which have second homes and I guess instead of leaving the house at 6 to go the farm this morning and getting home 12 hours later I should of been sitting on beach in my second home. I don't even do it as full time job. Oh wait I was just driving around watching my corn and bean grow. WTH
I don't doubt you guys. I'm just saying what I have seen.

I don't doubt you guys. I'm just saying what I have seen.
There are wealthy farmers. No doubt. By definition- if u get “1,000 acres” paid for - or whatever - that would qualify as wealthy- absolutely. Probably the same as any business. “I paid off my small business. All profits stay with me vs going to bank”. Probably took many decades for farmers that didn’t inherit land. & inheriting things also happens in any other type of business or level as well. But starting out… to get to 1,000+ Acres paid off…. Many decades. Much longer than most small businesses. & farmers usually “max out”…. I would guess it’s less than 6 farmers in country that are Billionaires. Only one i can even think of is family who started in 60’s or 70’s buying up huge swaths of mainly potato farms & sold those to McDonald’s. I can’t think off top of my head any other farmers who made it to that level. Think of all the companies that made billionaires & how rare it is for farmers. Or how many farmers are lower to middle class. I know tons of those. So- on averages - I would say the farming community is maybe in middle of pack. Certainly not packed with loads of mega rich folks. U don’t see farmers with fancy sports cars or speed boats or living up fancy vacations on instagram. As a segment- humble hard working group of folks.
& I’ll bring it fill circle to this thread!!! ;) …. I’ll bet 90% of farmers I know are Conservatives. Or rather: would be going “Trump or desantis??!?!?” Despise Biden.

Part of the equation for farmers and wealth is they own valuable real estate ! I remember a quote from Rich Dad Poor Dad “ask a bank if they will borrow money to you with stocks & bonds as collateral”

What is more secure ? What has gone up more consistently over time? What rises more with lnflation ? Farm land would be at the top of the list .

They’ve benefited from being in as asset that is much sought after and valuable!

There are wealthy farmers. No doubt. By definition- if u get “1,000 acres” paid for - or whatever - that would qualify as wealthy- absolutely. Probably the same as any business. “I paid off my small business. All profits stay with me vs going to bank”. Probably took many decades for farmers that didn’t inherit land. & inheriting things also happens in any other type of business or level as well. But starting out… to get to 1,000+ Acres paid off…. Many decades. Much longer than most small businesses. & farmers usually “max out”…. I would guess it’s less than 6 farmers in country that are Billionaires. Only one i can even think of is family who started in 60’s or 70’s buying up huge swaths of mainly potato farms & sold those to McDonald’s. I can’t think off top of my head any other farmers who made it to that level. Think of all the companies that made billionaires & how rare it is for farmers. Or how many farmers are lower to middle class. I know tons of those. So- on averages - I would say the farming community is maybe in middle of pack. Certainly not packed with loads of mega rich folks. U don’t see farmers with fancy sports cars or speed boats or living up fancy vacations on instagram. As a segment- humble hard working group of folks.
& I’ll bring it fill circle to this thread!!! ;) …. I’ll bet 90% of farmers I know are Conservatives. Or rather: would be going “Trump or desantis??!?!?” Despise Biden.
1686083414988.png

We skipped right over the millionaires. Probably too many to fuss over.

View attachment 125291

We skipped right over the millionaires. Probably too many to fuss over.
He did NOT make his $ farming. He made it as a seed developer/breeder. He patented a lot of soybean genetics & sold those rights to other seed companies. He ended up selling his biz or patents to Bayer I believe. Or something along those lines. With those profits- he bought MORE land. It’s not like the dude made his billions farming. Totally different. He made his billions off of patenting & selling his rights & part or all of his company.

Next??? & I’ll call em as I see em…. Farm subsidies need adjustment. But I’ll also call it like it is: farmers in general are the hardest working, modest & least entitled group of any I can think of. Pretty hard to knock farmers on a FINANCIAL LEVEL!! Farm practices, environment, etc- bit different & I have some critiques there. But overall- tremendous group of people.

If we are knocking the wealthy…. & in some cases, it’s ok IMO…. How many multimillionaires have been in elected office - starting with “little” & ending with tens to hundreds of millions?!?! List would be so long u would need to take a nap half way through. At the very top it’s super easy: Obamas, Biden, pelosi, mccconell, etc. Then go through regular house, senate & governor level- astounding. Broken system. U pull the list of Billionaires in US…. Many had companies that got government contracts. Or lobbied for policy to help their business. Again- look at the tax rates on companies like google, Facebook & Amazon - that’s messed up. How do those folks vote BTW?!!!?? Oh ya!! … big lefties.

I've been farming all my life and know tons of farmers in the area - not a single one has a second home. In fact, many of them work a second job just to be able to keep farming as it doesn't provide enough income to support their family on farming alone.
As a person who works with farmers every single day...this couldnt be further from the truth. I can show you multiple who have multiple homes, brand new trucks, new side by sides, wives drive Land Rovers, they have giant multi million dollar shops, fancy houses...the list goes on....MOST farmers aren't hurting for money....they just like to act like it. Trust me I see there finances regularly

He did NOT make his $ farming. He made it as a seed developer/breeder. He patented a lot of soybean genetics & sold those rights to other seed companies. He ended up selling his biz to Bayer I believe. Or something along those lines. With those profits- he bought MORE land. It’s not like the dude made his billions farming. Totally different. He made his billions off of patenting & selling his rights & part or all of his company.

Next???…..

If we are knocking the wealthy…. & in some cases, it’s ok…. How many multimillionaires have been in elected office - starting with “little” & ending with tens to hundreds of millions?!?! List would be so long u would need to take a nap half way through. At the very top it’s super easy: Obamas, Biden, pelosi, mccconell, etc. Then go through regular house, senate & governor level- astounding. Broken system.
He created the round up ready genetic. The guy is a genius I do not believe he has sold anything to Bayer at least last I knew he has not....but correct he did not make his money growing corn!

It ain’t an easy life!!!!

If u around farmers - they age a bit harder. It’s hard on the whole body!! & most have battle scars & injuries from it. I’m one of those people & the massive habitat stuff I do compounds it big time. I love it but it’s very hard work.

There’s cycles in both WEATHER & MARKETS where multiple years farmers make $0 or lose some (those renting). Then there’s good years when u do great & save some for the bad years.

It’s year round chores. Fixing equipment. Building or fixing fence. Dirt work. Grain storage. Marketing & selling grain. All the paperwork!!! Cover crops & fertility. Etc etc etc

It’s WAY WAY WAY harder than a lot of 40-50 hour salary jobs.

The big pay day when u see the “rich folks” is after they were grinders for 25-40 years and got their land paid off.

I assure u- it’s one heck of a hard work load & the vast % of the population could not handle the simple stress & difficulties around it.
Once again, I am around these guys literally every single day. They dont have it that rough...I am not saying that a farmers job is "easy". Well unless they are just row crop farmers, their job is very easy LOL.
Cattle guys have it a bit harder.
As far as making 0$, the only ones that do that are the ones that didnt plan properly. Most full time farmers take out crop insurance which will pay them "X" amount of bushels...so if they insure up to 190 bu/ac for corn then if they dont get that on a particular piece they get paid the remainder from the insurance company(in the event of a crop failure).....
Most Farmers dont fix their own equipment anymore...they take it to the dealerships(which is where it belongs) to get repaired.

As a person who works with farmers every single day...this couldnt be further from the truth. I can show you multiple who have multiple homes, brand new trucks, new side by sides, wives drive Land Rovers, they have giant multi million dollar shops, fancy houses...the list goes on....MOST farmers aren't hurting for money....they just like to act like it. Trust me I see there finances regularly
This is very region dependent.
Give u an example… u go interestate 80 & North…. Best soils on EARTH!! Literally a small region of our country that has best soils on EARTH- yes, there’s going to be wealth there... plus: Easy to farm. Drought tolerant. Little to no livestock/grazing. Folks at it a long time are probably killing it overall. Go 30 mins south of 80 & all the way into MO- totally different. Far less wealth. Lot more struggling farmers. More chores. Tough soils & yield history not there so bad years truly are “rough”.

I guess farmers our rich and the people in this world that don’t work deserve handouts - not the ones who work and need actual help.

i am going to start farming, clearly missing out on an easy job that pays millions.

I guess farmers our rich and the people in this world that don’t work deserve handouts - not the ones who work and need actual help.

i am going to start farming, clearly missing out on an easy job that pays millions.
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!
Go start a farm dude. Big farm - it’s pretty easy & u will get guaranteed rich. ;)
Most newest guys gonna be buying like 80 acres with some debt to start. Follow that path to making $ & how much more u need & how long it takes to get there. It’s Frigin hard. I started with ZERO acres. At 22 I bought 80. Im 44 now. It’s a massive work load on what happened in 22 years. All I do is farm or farm related. Massive work. No one who hasn’t experienced it will ever understand the work that goes into it or the hours or all the details. HARD.

This is very region dependent.
Give u an example… u go interestate 80 & North…. Best soils on EARTH!! Literally a small region of our country that has best soils on EARTH- yes, there’s going to be wealth there... plus: Easy to farm. Drought tolerant. Little to no livestock/grazing. Folks at it a long time are probably killing it overall. Go 30 mins south of 80 & all the way into MO- totally different. Far less wealth. Lot more struggling farmers. More chores. Tough soils & yield history not there so bad years truly are “rough”.
This is where I was talking about.
Agreed Stine not a farmer, just wanted to point out he was the only Iowa billionaire as of 2020 anyway. Not much to argue about there

Anyone's views change after indictment? (Guessing not)

There have been plenty of which hunts against Trump, but in this case, from what I've seen he def broke some laws. Yeah I get it... where's the charges against Biden. Regardless of that, he's up against some pretty serious stuff. And alot (or some) appears to be pretty legit.

IMO- most see this is another political hit job. “He colluded with Russia”. “We need to impeach him for this silly phone call”. “We have to make charges up for this Hush $ somehow”. Now this classified document bologne. It’s this simple: is this politically motivated & are they Doing this because he’s beating Biden in polls? YES!!!!! Everyone knows it!!! If he wasn’t running- no charges. If he was polling at 1% - no charges. If his last name was Clinton or Biden or Obama- no charges. If he violated any laws (president having classified docs vs vice president is very different!!) - it’s nothing compared to Hillary’s computer with classified docs & them destroying evidence with literal hammers & acid washing. It’s horse crap & everyone knows it. Left just has to pretend like a true injustice was finally done by trump & action is needed. Again, while we have massive bribery allegations on Bidens & he had countless classified docs (& he was not president!!!) all over the place. 2 tiers of Justice.
BOTTOM LINE, IMO: 1) this case doesn’t make it to trial by election - they even know it…. simply meant to hurt his campaign. (AKA: election interference) 2) this helps Trump as folks see it for what it is. 3) desantis won’t get nomination IMO. 4) if voting is legit & not filled with fraud - Trump wins in landslide. Big IF on this last one. 5) Independents despise what Biden has done. Worst prez in American history…. Dude is an embarrassment to this country & left knows they in deep trouble!!!

Top Bottom