Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Who shoots with a wrist sling?

DOR

Life Member
I have been thinking of trying one out. Do you really gain anything with it? Thoughts?

I've always shot with one, now I'm mentally addicted. I have mine set nice and loose and have never had a problem getting my hand through it, even with a glove on. It's a bonus to know if I mis grip the handle my bow ain't going to tumble down.

If you mean the strap that they put on under the stabilizer it makes it a lot easier to keep track of your bow plus, its extra support to keep things steady.

Got rid of mine years ago because it's just something to look at before you grab your bow. Simplicity is the best as far as i'm concerned.

I ve shot w/ out one ever since and haven't had a problem keeping steady or losing my bow.

it's a peace of mind thing for me and nothing more. I can still shoot just fine without one. Id say try it and since it is rather cheap if you dont like it your not out alot of money. Good Luck..
cool.gif

I never shot one with my Switchback XT... why I bought one with my Guardian I have no clue.... I shot with it for 2 weeks then took it off... as has been already said, it is only another thing to have to think about when grabing your bow in a hurried shot situation. Probably a good idea for 3-D shooting to shoot with a completely open hand, but for hunting I am convinced I don't want or need one....
smile.gif

I don't use one.

If you do make sure it is not to tight because it can cause you to torque your bow even if you are shooting with an open hand.

[ QUOTE ]
Got rid of mine years ago because it's just something to look at before you grab your bow. Simplicity is the best as far as i'm concerned.

I ve shot w/ out one ever since and haven't had a problem keeping steady or losing my bow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I cant see how a loose one will do you much good and a tight one can definately slow you down. For hunting I only want fast and simple.

Yep use one on all my bows, put the sling loose, the sling is only designed for a insurance policy, not to hold to bow to your bow hand. Just in case it would slip out of your hand you have that "Rope" to catch on your wrist.

I have one. I have my sling so it is almost tight with gloves on. I shoot with my hand open all the way eliminating any hand shock people talk about.

i have used one for years. it is probably more of a mental thing for me as well. but i wont go without!!

I quit using one and will never go back. That advice came from someone here and I appreciate it. One less thing to concern yourself with at the moment of truth.

Always. I shoot with a relaxed bow hand and my release is always a surprise and have seen bows jump out of a shooters hand when the arrow was released. It is not something else to think about for me since it has become second nature after using loose like most other say and for a few thousand arrows while in use.

I think I will go without, I shot a couple different groups tonight at 60 yards that were 4 inches or less for 4 arrows. Why change what is working. Every time I shoot this guardian, it just gets better. I shot with a guy tonight that has next years X-force and the ole' guardian put it to shame!!!

Thanks for the input fellas.
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Always. I shoot with a relaxed bow hand and my release is always a surprise and have seen bows jump out of a shooters hand when the arrow was released. It is not something else to think about for me since it has become second nature after using loose like most other say and for a few thousand arrows while in use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy that saved me alot of typing
grin.gif

I use to but I don't, just something else to look for while grabbing for the grip.

I am with the second nature voters here! I have always hunted with one and always have it on! I can shoot fine without it, but just like the extra security.
Simply slide you hand in as you pick up your bow, seems pretty easy to me. Heck, almost easier than remembering to do an "extra thing" like clip your release onto you string!!
evil.gif
evil.gif
evil.gif

Top Bottom