Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Wish me luck

TT, you are a good person for that. Good luck to you guys.

What season is it right now? What will be his weapon of choice (Muzzleloader, shotgun, or bow/crossbow)?

[ QUOTE ]
Well done TT! Good luck to you guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

applause.gif
applause.gif
applause.gif

Just remember that this young man will proabably be more than happy with any deer, so don't beat yourself up over a biggin. Even if he gets nothing but time in the outdoors he will know and remember that some one loved him enough to take him hunting. Good, no "GREAT" job , bless you both.

My Cameraman Kyle is giving Tyler a crash-course in running our camera right now. We are praying a good buck makes a mistake and Tyler is able to capture the hunt on-film for the family. We've got our fingers crossed!

Well, Sam and I had a great morning. My neighbor was nice enough to let Sam and I hunt his ground this morning. He has a bunch of milo plots for upland birds but according to him the deer were all over it too.
We set up over looking the milo plot to our north. Sam couldn't sit down very well so we leaned up against a tree on the timber edge waiting for them to come out of the timber.
About 6:45 we saw 3 does and right behind them was a great big old 145-150" 8 pt w/ a big kicker off his G2. They were about 150 yds out. They started to go the opposite direction towards another milo plot to the west. I quickly grabbed my rattle bag and starting imitating to bucks lightly sparring. Immediatly the buck started working our way but real wary at the same time. He was coming down a mowed trail straight towards us. He got to about 100 yds (60yd limit for Sam) and the does started acting funny to the side of him. He stopped and started walking back the other way again. I grunted this time and he decided to to run off. I think the wind was stating to swirl and maybe they caught a wiff.
We went from a high to a low real quick. The good thing was we still had time to hunt.
About a half hour later I saw a buck (130"10pt) about 200 yds out in the same direction. He was starting to go in another draw so I touched the horns again and that got his attention. I then tried a doe in heat can. This time the buck came on the dead run. I was so surprised by it that I had to quickly grab the camera and find him gain as he sprinted towards us. It was amazing it was like it was the rut or something.
He got to about the same spot as the big buck earlier and went down a little gully and all of sudden he was out of sight. We looked around and stood still and he never popped out. I think our wind changd directions this morning from S to SE which cost us and he must have caught a wiff.

It was soon about 8:00 am and Sam was getting real tired so we walked the short hike to the truck. When we were at the truck it seemed like Sam really enjoyd the morning so although we didn't get a shot at one of those bucks Iam happy Sam enjoyed it.

I got us set up tonight on a different farm in the middle of a bean field. Since Sam isn't confident shooting over 60 yds I dug a hole in th middle of the standing bean field where hopefully he can get a close shot. Last night I seen a real old 8 pt that looks like the buck from this morning (only a bigger body) coming into these beans from the neighbors.

So we will try again tonight and hopefully Sam gets a shot.

Thanks,
TT

[ QUOTE ]
My thoughts and prayers are with you guys TT.
I hope he shoots the deer of his dreams.

Thank you for taking the time to help make this boys dream come true.
waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Top Bottom