Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zach Open House/Lovstuen Buck

G

Join us at Larry Zach Wildlife Art Gallery's open house and be a part of history as you experience the Lovstuen Buck. .

LARRY ZACH WILDLIFE ART GALLERY in Ankeny invites you to their Fall Open House November 21, 22, and 23 where you can see Larry's two new releases, Serengeti Warrior - African Lion and his brand new painting Foggy Morning Trio - Wild Turkey.

You are also invited to the first public showing of the Lovstuen Buck , potentially the largest whitetail buck ever taken by a hunter. Come hear the story from the people who hunted this great Iowa buck. You will not only be able to see the mounted antlers but also talk to the people who studied this tremendous buck for so long.
COME SEE IT FOR YOURSELF!
(No pictures or cameras please)

Serengeti Warrior - African Lion is based upon one of the lions Larry studied in Tanzania. As the title suggests,
he was a battle-scarred fighter that Larry was able to spend several hours with and
photograph at length.

Foggy Morning Trio is the first in a three print, Foggy Morning series.
It features three mature gobblers at a forest edge with an abandoned farm in the background.
The sun is burning through the morning fog. You can find May apples, morel mushrooms, a lost box call, several songbirds and a shed antler.
The antler is huge because it is one of the 2001-02 sheds from the Lovstuen buck.

The second print in the Foggy Morning series will feature the Lovstuen buck. For the third print in the foggy morning series Larry is planning on Canada geese.
There will be one of the buck's sheds in this painting as well.

See you at the Open House!

Hours are Friday and Saturday, November 21st and 22nd from 10am - 8pm and Sunday the 23rd from 10am - 6pm.

Please call ( 515-964-1570 ) or email ( [email protected] ) with any questions. Check out our website for more details.

We look forward to seeing you Iowawhitetailer's there!

Larry Zach Wildlife Art
Publisher and Fine Art Gallery
1440 SE Cortina Drive
Ankeny, Iowa 50021
(515) 964-1570

On any other weekend I would be there in a heartbeat... however that is opening day for gun season here in Cheeseland.... Maybe next time.... Still hard to pass up a chance to meet Larry and see that awsome deer..
doah.gif

that's during the rut!!!
bigshock.gif

i'll definately try to be there providing all my bow tags are filled up.
waytogo.gif

Ok quick everbody go fill your tags. Larry I think you'll need a bigger studio.
busted.gif
Have you posted a picture of Foggy Morning Trio anywhere yet?

I'll be there IF the buck is in the tree. If not I guess I'll be the one in the tree...
grin.gif

Very hard to pass on this one though.

I will definetly be there. Can't wait to see it. That's pretty cool that Larry is going to get the first public viewing of the monster buck. Congradulations. Hope to see you there.

I'll be there, no way I can miss Larry's great art work and a chance to see the next world record whitetail.

Ill be there but the only thing that scares me is my impulse buying. All those awesome prints in one spot bound to buy something to hang on the wall.
Has the Lovstuen buck been mounted already or is it an antler only mount?

Sorry about the timing guys. It's the artists fault. If he'd have just gotten the painting done late summer like I told him this wouldn't have happened, but no, he's got to work on the painting until it is perfect. Now between prep and show time it's going to cost me at least 5 days of good hunting!
mad.gif
At least I'll get to talk to lots of whitetail nuts.

Hope to see lots of iowawhitetailers there!

Old Buck
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

thanks for the help OldBuck!!

now, i gotta question, other than the Lovstuen buck will "Ghost, Ol Droppy, and 12 pack" be around?? the massive "muddy buck" may just make the trip in the trunk, but i won't break him out (unless asked) because i don't want to put any of the aforementioned bucks to shame...right? right?
icon_rolleyes[1].gif
893footinmouth-thumb[1].gif
busted.gif

Muddy, I think you are going to have to wait untill the classic for those guys. Beleive me, Larry's art is enough of an event let alone Tony's awesome deer. Your jaw will hit the ground! This is a must see for any enthusiast.

I'd love to see the actual racks taken by iowawhitetailers and I'm sure there will be many other 'rack enthusiasts' at the show. The racks I've been seeing on this site and the stories behind them are incredible. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since many of the most dedicated hunters in the state are here.

My only concern is I really don't know how crowded it will be and I don't want anyone to get hurt. You can always stick them in the trunk and play it by ear. That way you can at least have a private showing. I've got an idea! You know these progressive dinner parties where you travel from place to place for various parts of the meal? How about a progressive antler show? You can go from trunk to trunk drooling over racks! I just might have to sneak out the back and join you! That is if I can sneak away without Young Doe (thats right, I'm not dumb enough to call her Old Doe!) catching me.

At a minimum bring lots of photos. See you there!
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Old Buck

Top Bottom