Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Zach Open House/Lovstuen Buck

Is there any kind of reward for the person who travels the farthest for this? I am actually concidering making a one-day trip from SD. 5 hrs one way, I am going to have to wait till the end of the week to see how the weather will be. They are predicting freezing rain and snow on Sat., but I never trust them forcasters.

adam
31045-cheers2.gif

Adamo,

I've heard that someone is flying in from Louisiana which I think is even farther than SD. But, come on down anyway and I'll make sure we have a special prize for you!

The latest weather forecast we've heard on the radio for this area is that the weather looks good until late Sunday night into Monday (when I hope to be back in a tree at dawn).

Old Buck
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

Adamo: There would have to be rules to the contest cause I'd get lost on the way to Ankeny and try to count the few hundred miles extra I'd drive as part of the contest. Either that or I'd find out the farthest anybody drove and then start making cirrcuts around the block until I had the leaders total beat.

The 'Bonker

'Bonker and I shall be arriving around the 5 o'clock hour...any Iowawhitetailers gunna be there at that time???

Muddy, might be heading up there after pheasant hunting on Sat. if I make the trip up. Not real sure of the time though. I can't wait to see all the paintings and also that buck.
31045-cheers2.gif

Auggie, i will be back at mom and dad's chasing turkeys and does on Saturday!! too bad we couldn't all get together.

what day is everybody going? i live close enough that i can go whenever, so i thought i might go when the most members might be there. of course i will be wearing my iowawhitetail hat, so i will be easy to spot

I'll be there Friday after work and Saturday around the noon hour. Hope to see a few of you there.
beerchug.gif

It is looking like there may be a lot of people attending and it is possible you will need to wait outside in line for a bit so dress appropriately for the weather! Hope to see lots of iowa whitetail logos.

Old Buck
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

PMA members get to skip to the front of the line, right??
grin.gif
i'll wear the iowawhitetail paraphnalia but you won't be able to see it as i'll be standing next to 'Bonker and his patented 'Bonkerflague. wear sunglasses.

Change of plans muddy, not going pheasant hunting or to the open house. That sucks! Oh well, I guess I'll have to go bowhunting. I guess it's a win win situation after all. Sorry to miss all the action

Don't think I'm going to make it. Forecast is for nasty weather up here tommorrow and tomorrow eve. I could probably get down there ok, but would be stuck there until after thanksgiving.

Oh well, Larry, look forward to seeing some new work at the Classic and look forward to seeing the rack there as well.

adam

Just got back from the open house. Very impressive buck! Tony's dad was there once you got inside to see the mount. First time I'd ever been to Larry's art gallery too. That was worth the drive as well. I'd highly recommend a visit there even after the Lovstuen buck is gone.

Word of advice though....if you are going to the open house, make sure you leave cameras AND cell phones in the car/truck. You cannot take them in with you if you plan to see the buck. Some cell phones can take pictures now which is why they won't allow any cell phones to go in.

Old Buck,

Thanks for an unbelievable Open House. Your paintings are incredible, I will be back for more. Oh the Lovstuen Buck wasn't bad either. Simply amazing! Everyone, if you don't make it to this open house, you are really missing out on an incredible event.

Also just came from the show. Larry you're work amazes me. But god's work in creating that monster of Lovstuen's was pretty impressive too. I can see why the airport security people were brought in with an incredible specimen like that hanging....

bigshock.gif

just got back from the open house...very impressive place and one heck of a buck....i was there around 330 and i was number 450something in line...wow

i must've missed a few people. i was there around 4 o'clock. number 30 on my card. i must admit the deer was impressive but my mind had me thinking it'd be bigger for some reason. oh well, great buck and great artwork OldBuck, maybe someday i'll return for "Broken Solitude" for $3500.
tongue.gif

Top Bottom