Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

All the crap

I once pulled back my bow wearing a hooded sweatshirt . Well I was looking so hard at the buck I didn't notice the string from the hood was twisted in the bow string . Well upon the release my hood went to tunnel vision /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I had a young buck that I had drew back on, and as I let him walk by I was telling myself how lucky he was when I let my bow back down I noticed I had no arrow loaded.
Also had a buck following the fenceline past my stand last year and I shot over his back, which caused him to stop too see what the noise was I pulled another arrow out of my quiver which was hanging on a branch, but I pulled the one that was holding it there and the whole quiver fell to the ground. This caused the buck to come right to the tree, I'd rather be lucky than good any day because I did get this buck, but when I went to call my friend who was hunting with me I dropped my cell phone with a camo cover to the ground. The only thing he could say was how much crap did you throw at him.

So after reading this post yesterday afternoon. Speak of the devil, guess who got all the way to the interstate yesterday and forget his bow???

"This Guy"

Great, Good Karma I spose...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nock on Wood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So after reading this post yesterday afternoon. Speak of the devil, guess who got all the way to the interstate yesterday and forget his bow???

"This Guy"

Great, Good Karma I spose... </div></div>

hahaha...this type of thread is good for everyone now and then... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Brings us all back down a notch. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Pulled my 22-250 up on a nice yote at 50 yards and all me and the dog heard was the deafening sound of "click".

I fergot to put in a bullet............
cry2.gif

Not to sure but i think Skully ran his bow over with his car once. Cant believe he isn't on here slinging me some sh## yet. I'm sure i will pay for this post. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif

I got a pretty good one from last fall. I was down hunting in Southern Iowa with a good friend of mine during the 1st shotgun season. For an afternoon sit we decided to go down along a river bottom and watch over some picked cornfields. As we are crossing the creek it was close to the top of my boots but I made it to the other side with out getting wet feet which I was happy about. Although I wasn't happy to long. Once I started trying to get up out of the creek bank on the other side it was rather slippery as it was mostly froze but the top 1/4 inch or so was "greasy". Anyways theirs a fence there so not exactly thinking I just figure I'll grab ahold of it to help pull myself up. Not a good idea when it's an elcetric fence and you're still partly in the water!! So after I final crawl to the top I'm thankful we won't have to cross the creek again as we were going to walk out the cornfield to the road when we leave my buddy tells me. Well about dark my buddy comes walking up to me and he soaked from head to toe. I said what the hell happened to you trying not to laugh. He was walking over to me along the field edge and the creek bank got pretty close to the edge of the field and he slipped from the top and went down about 15 feet until he ended up in the creek. Then he tells me were going to cross again beacuse it's a lot shorter walk back to the vehicle if we cross the creek instead of walking out to the cornfield to the road. I'm sitting there thinking great I'll probably slip and fall in or if nothing else probably swamp my boots trying to cross in the dark. I know we're crossing because he's soaked already and doesn't care if he gets wet anymore. So we know more than walk up to the edge of the creek and my buddy says now be careful walking down the bank as it's slippery. He takes one step and down he goes again in to the water for a second time!! I was laughing so hard at this point I did'nt think I would even be able to attempt going down the bank. I did make it without even getting a wet foot which was amazing I thought. Then we walked out to the road and my buddy realizes that his $300 binocs that were around his neck must have came off on one of his tumbles into the creek. I'll never forget that day as long as I live. Just glad it wasn't me. I'm sure my time will come some day though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: enis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to sure but i think Skully ran his bow over with his car once. Cant believe he isn't on here slinging me some sh## yet. I'm sure i will pay for this post. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif </div></div>

Dang it Enis, quit bringing up all my nit-wit moments! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I still get blamed by the wife that I ran over the PSE on purpose so I could get a new bow. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif I'm going to have to think for a while, but I'll get you back. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Someone needs to delete this thread. I've done almost everything on here this week alone. I was fine until this thread came up.

Sorry nanny. Didn't get to hunt this weekend drove to Fort Dodge saturday for my kids state cross country meet where they took first place at. Pretty cool! Anyway i seen 7 road kill bucks on the way there, all doinks but some neat country there. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: enis</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> but some neat country there. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>
In Dirty Dodge???

you're kidding right?
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Luckily ive never forgot my bow because i have an hour drive to the place i hunt. But i have done something just as bad.
I was heading to the skunk river to do some fishing. Went to back the boat up to the dock. Looked back and realized i forgot the boat at home. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

More timber there than where i live. Corn and beans everywhere pretty boring. The town wasn't much to brag about.

Well, got in the stand yesterday,got everything ready and to this point haven't dropped anything from my stand, and guess what went to put my backpack on the hook and it goes to the ground with everything from my rangefinder to my binos. thanks guys for bring all this up.

Top Bottom