Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Avoiding change VS managing it

Fletch what can't you understand about that statement above.

Read Moron! There is no self serving purpose. It was meant to help Iowa residents like you that apparently aren't smart enough to see it.

Listen, now you have proven yourself to be too dim to comprehend. Iowa has and will continue to avoid the non-resident "push". What part of that do you not get??

If you had no vested interest, you would not give a crap about the topic. Therefore, it is self-serving and you can not convince anyone here that you are doing anything other than trying to distract from the truth. Time for you to move your trolling on down the line.

WE DONT NEED ANY HELP!!! Now, take your inept ramblings and move on. We will do just fine without you and without special privliges for non-resident landowners. Sorry, but money can not buy everything in life. Sometimes you are stuck playing by the rules. That appears to be quite frustrating for you.

How did I get from "sir" to "moron" so quickly? Truth hurts..so you resort to name calling? Classy move, and desperate.

You do realize that there are also rules on this forum about name calling dont you? Should we all get together now and figure out how to get those changed too?? Obviously they dont suit your needs either.

BYE BYE

It's nothing to do with giving a crap about the topic. I'm simply not going to let a person like you run anyone over.

So scream ban all you want. It's not happening. But good effort to provoke it.

It's nothing to do with giving a crap about the topic. I'm simply not going to let a person like you run anyone over.

So scream ban all you want. It's not happening. But good effort to provoke it.

Now you just look silly. It's over. Ever hear of Friends of Iowa? They couldnt do it, you wont do it. It's not going to happen. I did not run anyone over, the sportsmen/women of Iowa and the landowners and farmers of Iowa have spoken and it does not bode well for you, so you make circular arguments with no substance. You can buy ground here and bowhunt every third or fourth year, or move here and hunt all you want. Like it or lump it.

You must give a crap about the topic or you would not still be here fussing about it 17 pages later and you would not have started a thread about a phantom "problem". Your interest is trasparent. But thanks for the offer to help us out. You'll be the first person we contact when we are grasping for ideas. Yours seem real solid, for the nonresidents.

Last edited:
fletch920 said:
Now you just look silly. It's over. Ever hear of Friends of Iowa? They couldnt do it, you wont do it. It's not going to happen. I did not run anyone over, the sportsmen/women of Iowa and the landowners and farmers of Iowa have spoken and it does not bode well for you, so you make circular arguments with no substance. You can buy ground here and bowhunt every third or fourth year, or move here and hunt all you want. Like it or lump it.

You must give a crap about the topic or you would not still be here fussing about it 17 pages later and you would not have started a thread about a fantom "problem". Your interest is trasparent. But thanks for the offer to help us out. You'll be the first person we contact when we are grasping for ideas. Yours seem real solid, for the nonresidents.

Is this why you've been a member for 10 years but 30 of your 38 posts have only been about NR hunters and attacking them??????

Solid idea hiding behind this name when the subject comes up. So who are you really on this forum?

Is this why you've been a member for 10 years but 30 of your 38 posts have only been about NR hunters and attacking them??????

Solid idea hiding behind this name when the subject comes up. So who are you really on this forum?

Just me. I usually only post when I can prove that the only time a nonresident wants to act concerned about Iowa's deer herd, is when that nonresident has a selfish want. So far, I am batting 1000.

I read your posts also. Most of them were in debate about resident vs nonresident and one little gem complaining about how badly the deer seasons suck in Indiana. Maybe you should just continue to enjoy your lease in Kansas and let us continue to manage the best deer herd in the country without your help. We're doing just fine thanks.

Shut this one down...

Why change the system? It's great if a NR can afford land, but that doesn't entitle them to the same rights towards deer hunting as a resident. I personally see no reason for the change and yes I'd feel the same way if I owned land in another state. You should not be able to get resident privileges in more than one state even if it's just hunting.

even if i had a good idea, i sure as hell wouldn't post it here. i wouldn't want my suggestion being proposed by "friends of iowa" or some other group of jackasses to our legislature, with the tag line "proposed by an iowa resident in a hunting forum". you say change is coming, i say its not. the way iowa has their system is the reason we have what we have. i love how these NR's that come here to buy land, instantly want to change iowa's laws to serve themselves. if you want what iowa has, sell your iowa land (at a freakin huge profit, by today's rate) ban together with your home state brothren, and set your seasons like iowa's. ONE MAN CAN'T ACCOMPLISH THIS IN ONE YEAR! it will take time to rally support. for a few years, the harvest #s in your state will suffer, but in time, you will have a quality deer herd. it took iowa over 40 years of mangement to get to where we are today. it will take a small handful of years to ruin it if we sit back and let other people change our current laws.

does your state have a bowhunters organization? join it, get others with your similar intrests to join. start pushing your own legislature to manage your herd for the better.
iowa ain't broke, stop trying to think we have to "fix" it for you.

hoosier, for someone who has no dog in this fight, and says you don't want to see it change, you are sure beating this dead old nag like a s.o.b.. bottom line is, we will fight to keep change away. same as we always have.

Fletch what can't you understand about that statement above.

Read Moron! There is no self serving purpose. It was meant to help Iowa residents like you that apparently aren't smart enough to see it.

Hoosier all you have been saying is that we have to prepare for a change. Why? It might never change, and if it does we will cross that bridge when it gets here. Its not like they need an answer in a day it will take time for it to change so settle down.

Guys my apologies. I'm not here to change anything and after reading the recent post the lightbulb clicked and I see how it would have been very easy to draw that conclusion. I'm sorry guys.
I've been a Realtree guy for quite some time and you can even check my name out over there. I don't think any posts even relate to Iowa let alone changing it.

Again sorry for the confusion.

Guys my apologies. I'm not here to change anything and after reading the recent post the lightbulb clicked and I see how it would have been very easy to draw that conclusion. I'm sorry guys.
I've been a Realtree guy for quite some time and you can even check my name out over there. I don't think any posts even relate to Iowa let alone changing it.

Again sorry for the confusion.

He tested the waters and found out they were full of gators! :way:

Iowa sportsmen/women must continue to fight the good fight. When we sit back and let someone else do the work, it might not get done.

Join IBA and any other organization that will protect our heritage. I have hunted all over the country and can tell you that we have the very best there is to offer right here when it comes to whitetails. Don't ever take it for granted folks. It just does not get any better. Let your legislators know, even when the topic is not on the front burner. With a unified front, we can preserve what has taken many years to build and would take such a short time to destroy. Let them know that our whitetails and hunting heritage are not for sale.

Top Bottom