Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Been quiet

Fletch, have you read the thread. Iowa does not prosecute equally or consistently in regards to certain celebrity hunters.

JDUBS,

You mean you dont get the same treatment as Toby Keith? Word has it he bought a farm not far from me. I also can name one NFL player that...oh heck I wont go there.

Its 2014 trying to be a nicer person.

Last edited:
Fletch, have you read the thread. Iowa does not prosecute equally or consistently in regards to certain celebrity hunters.

The precedent is now set and everyone including the Drury's will now get held to the same standard. In fact, the high profile guys will likely get it first because we all know who they are and the games they are playing. It really wasn't about a few celebrities anyway. Not to discount their presence, but they are a drop in the bucket.

The intent of the thread really didn't have much to do with a few celebrities. It had to do with NRLO's pushing the limits of the law and also wanting to be granted tags every year which would further erode the opportunities of our resident hunters.

So ya, I did read the thread. And, I actually understood the concept behind it.

Wrong again. The thrust of the thread had to do with some NRLO's who did comply with resident requirements but were stripped of resident rights when those standards changed. Many wonder if the high profile NRLO's will be held to the same standard. When you see one of those celebs prosecuted or held to that standard please let me know. I guarantee it will not happen.

No celeb will EVER get pinched here as they are Blonde, Rich, Country Famous, Home Run Hitting or quarterback sacking. And yes there are two sets of rules none which apply to them.Maybe you need to apply for a CRUSH3 vanity tag.

Wrong again. The thrust of the thread had to do with some NRLO's who did comply with resident requirements but were stripped of resident rights when those standards changed. Many wonder if the high profile NRLO's will be held to the same standard. When you see one of those celebs prosecuted or held to that standard please let me know. I guarantee it will not happen.

In your mind.

Standards never changed. They just had to get more specific to put a stop to those that were bending the rules to suit them. It never really was legal to get an Iowa driver's license when you don't actually live here. So, to say that they were in compliance is not accurate. They just worked the system (broke the law) and the system had to be tightened up to stop them. The intent has always been the same. Now it can, and will be enforced.

You from Iowa?

Last edited:
No celeb will EVER get pinched here as they are Blonde, Rich, Country Famous, Home Run Hitting or quarterback sacking. And yes there are two sets of rules none which apply to them.Maybe you need to apply for a CRUSH3 vanity tag.

This could not be further from the truth. There are plenty of CEO's out there that will make an example out of any celebrity that skirts the law. They have had their hands tied until this ruling was handed down. Now, they can do their job.

Your comment about vanity tags show how very little you know. Lee and Tiffany actually live in Iowa. Some of their guest are hunting on Governor tags. That is an entirely different can of worms. No laws broken there. Drury, that has a house in Osceola he seldom sees and a family that lives in Missouri will either have to move here or give up his resident tags. That one is a no-brainer. The high-profile ones will actually be the easiest ones to catch.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…

I'm with Goarmy I don't think it will happen.

The real problem here is,,,, what is the requirement?

Most states have a residency requirement, all but Iowa, base the residency requirement on standards other than deer hunting, I'd like to know the exact requirement??

I'm with Goarmy I don't think it will happen.

The real problem here is,,,, what is the requirement?

Most states have a residency requirement, all but Iowa, base the residency requirement on standards other than deer hunting, I'd like to know the exact requirement??

You are kidding right? The residency requirements are extremely specific and say absolutely nothing about deer hunting. You would make a great spin-doctor for the Democrats.

You are kidding right? The residency requirements are extremely specific and say absolutely nothing about deer hunting. You would make a great spin-doctor for the Democrats.

Please post them! I'm far from Democrat nice try!

Please post them! I'm far from Democrat nice try!

Why dont you spend two seconds and look them up yourself before making false statements. The residency application is on the Iowa DNR website. You wont find the word "deer" on it, sorry. It is not much different than other state's requirements. It's one thing to argue a point using facts, but to just make crap up to support your views makes you look silly.

Why dont you spend two seconds and look them up yourself before making false statements. The residency application is on the Iowa DNR website. You wont find the word "deer" on it, sorry. It is not much different than other state's requirements. It's one thing to argue a point using facts, but to just make crap up to support your views makes you look silly.

By the way, can my shotgun group push your Iowa ground first season next year? We promise to only shoot bucks.

I can't find the requirements....did you???

Please post it, when you find it
-specifics please

Last edited:
I can't find the requirements....did you???

Please post it, when you find it
-specifics please

Yes, it literally took me less than 10 seconds to find them. It took me another two minutes to read them. If you are not even able to find the residency requirements, how were you qualified to make such bold statements about them? Unbelieveable.

1. Go to the Iowa DNR website

2. Type "residency" into the search box

3. Click the link to the state form for residency application

4. Read it

5. Note that deer hunting is not mentioned anywhere

6. Eat crow

7. Give Fletch's shotgun group permission to hunt

8. Change username to Hardhead-11

Last edited:
Yes, it literally took me less than 10 seconds to find them. It took me another two minutes to read them. If you are not even able to find the residency requirements, how were you qualified to make such bold statements about them? Unbelieveable.

1. Go to the Iowa DNR website

2. Type "residency" into the search box

3. Click the link to the state form for residency application

4. Read it

5. Note that deer hunting is not mentioned anywhere

6. Eat crow

7. Give Fletch's shotgun group permission to hunt

8. Change username to Hardhead-11

3rd grader on here? I didn't ask for the application, I asked for the requirements to be a resident....

Required days in Iowa?
Family status?
Required to work in Iowa?

I knew you couldn't find it. You have a shotgun group, that's scary!

Top Bottom