Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Been quiet

3rd grader on here? I didn't ask for the application, I asked for the requirements to be a resident....

Required days in Iowa?
Family status?
Required to work in Iowa?

I knew you couldn't find it. You have a shotgun group, that's scary!

Oh my gosh. Look who is calling me a third grader. ALL of the information you want is on that form. Just look it up and read it! Then you can quit making yourself look so foolish. No, I dont have a shotgun group, but its little surprise that you would believe that one also. Point proven. You sure you are not a Democrat? Because you seem to want me to do all the work while you sit around complaining about things not being fair. lol

9. After step 5, take foot out of mouth so there is room for the crow.

Oh my gosh. Look who is calling me a third grader. ALL of the information you want is on that form. Just look it up and read it! Then you can quit making yourself look so foolish. No, I dont have a shotgun group, but its little surprise that you would believe that one also. Point proven. You sure you are not a Democrat? Because you seem to want me to do all the work while you sit around complaining about things not being fair. lol

Pot calling the kettle black!!

I look foolish? If you know so much about the residency requirements then explain them to me and the rest of the guys on this site.

The application states you must have a principle residence in Iowa and live in the state for 90 days .....that's it????

Does it say anything on the application about the family living in Iowa, does it say they have to make the majority of their income in Iowa, does it say their kid has to attend school in Iowa?

If you can find that link where all the requirements are....again please post that link!!

Without grade school talk, Fletch, yes or no is that information listed somewhere and then post the link please.

Last edited:
Pot calling the kettle black!!

I look foolish? If you know so much about the residency requirements then explain them to me and the rest of the guys on this site.

The application states you must have a principle residence in Iowa and live in the state for 90 days that's it????

Does it say anything on the application about the family living in Iowa, does it say they have to make the majority of their income in Iowa, does it say their kid has to attend school in Iowa?

If you can find that link where all the requirements are....again please post that link!!

Without grade school talk, Fletch, yes or no is that information listed somewhere and then post the link please.

I'm pretty sure that you are the only one having much difficulty with this.

Do the words "true and fixed residence" mean anything to you?

What about asking for state tax info?

Drivers license. Place of employment. Utility bills. etc, etc.

Its all there. Just read it and quit looking for excuses to cover your obvious distortion of the truth. Its very clear. You said that it all had to revolve around deer hunting and that our state was the only state with those rules. I pointed out the fact that you could not be more wrong. I showed you where to look up the facts. Now you want me to dig up things that do not exist to support your mistakes? I am done with this debate. You are unarmed and I am bored. You are just regurgitating crap that other uninformed nonresidents have fed you. Do yourself a favor and put a little time into research next time before you open your mouth. Sometimes its just easier to know the facts than it is to argue the BS.

Last edited:
Again I wasn't asking for any of that. You must not have read the court ruling.

James Samis lost his residency despite the fact that he ...
-has an Iowa drivers license
-is a registered voter in Iowa
-paid iowa income taxes
-Owns 3 farms and a business in Iowa
-50% of his income is from Iowa
-spent more than 90 days in Iowa
-Owns a home (duplex) and resides in half

All he would have to do is re-apply and spend 90 consecutive days in Iowa and he would be eligible for Iowa residency?

Fletch I could care less what you say, really,....anyone else on this site, if you read the ruling I think I'm correct on this?

Do you have a home here? I haven't read the rules on what it takes to become a resident here but I assume it would have some stipulation as to whether or not you have a residence here and reside in it. Secondly if you have enough money and free time to live here 90 days a year just do an official move here. Be a resident and stop trying have dual residency. JMHO all you care about is getting landowner tags and shooting deer here. Our state is just trying to keep NR hunters from buying the land destroying population and then selling to the next Guy.

Fletch, as Hardwood said go to the beginning and read the court ruling. Then you will understand Hardwood's question. Again, you did not read the thread, or the court case, you're simply jumping on NRLO's without an idea of the variables being discussed. Diesel, right on the money.

I just want to let everyone know that mark drury and jeff and david lindsey are hosting the governor again this weekend. This sickens me to no end. Mark lives in missouri and the lindseys live in georgia. I would think a good lawyer could sue the state for discrimination. I dont know how the governor can do this. I bet all the game wardens will be there. Dallas davis and kyle jensen should be fired for this. This is disgusting. Consiistency in our enforcement would be nice. Plenty non resident landowners out there can buy and sell the drurys . Once again politics!!!! I challenge the governor and the dnr to open your eyes

principle residence in Iowa. If you live in another state for 270 days and only 90 in Iowa, I don't believe it would be your principle residence.

Again I wasn't asking for any of that. You must not have read the court ruling.

James Samis lost his residency despite the fact that he ...
-has an Iowa drivers license
-is a registered voter in Iowa
-paid iowa income taxes
-Owns 3 farms and a business in Iowa
-50% of his income is from Iowa
-spent more than 90 days in Iowa
-Owns a home (duplex) and resides in half

All he would have to do is re-apply and spend 90 consecutive days in Iowa and he would be eligible for Iowa residency?

Fletch I could care less what you say, really,....anyone else on this site, if you read the ruling I think I'm correct on this?

You specifically asked for that! What the heck....

Now that I provided you with the information you side-step it.

Samis and Drury, Lindsey,...and on and on may violate the very basic definition of "true and fixed residence". Samis has a duplex in Iowa, big deal. He has a home out East worth several hundred thousand dollars where his family lives the entire year. So you tell me, what is his "true and fixed residence". If it was not to skirt the residency requirements for hunting, he would not own a home here. That's the basic premise behind this ruling. No more games. You either make Iowa your true place of residence, or you get treated as a non-resident.

I read the ruling. The difference between us is that I understand the ruling and I base my point of view on facts, not feelings.

Belive it or not, there are other states with more restrictive requirements for residency to obtain a hunting license. You can look that up too.

Fletch is the proto-typical, non-landowning, Iowa hunter that feels it's his birth right to hunt your land.

This really makes you sound foolish. I own several hunting properties that have been managed for years and the ruling has no real impact on my hunting. If anything, my land would increase in value if NRLO's were given preference for tags. But, I am not selfish and am willing to stand up for what is right and help protect the opportunities for our RESIDENT deer hunters. Like others, you are commenting on something you know nothing about. Seems to be a lot of that going around.

Fletch, as Hardwood said go to the beginning and read the court ruling. Then you will understand Hardwood's question. Again, you did not read the thread, or the court case, you're simply jumping on NRLO's without an idea of the variables being discussed. Diesel, right on the money.

Wrong. I read it. Problem for you is, I understood it.

principle residence in Iowa. If you live in another state for 270 days and only 90 in Iowa, I don't believe it would be your principle residence.

Bingo!!!! Pretty remedial concept that seems to escape a few people here.

Amazing how clouded congnitive skills can become when emotion is involved.

You specifically asked for that! What the heck....

Now that I provided you with the information you side-step it.

Samis and Drury, Lindsey,...and on and on may violate the very basic definition of "true and fixed residence". Samis has a duplex in Iowa, big deal. He has a home out East worth several hundred thousand dollars where his family lives the entire year. So you tell me, what is his "true and fixed residence". If it was not to skirt the residency requirements for hunting, he would not own a home here. That's the basic premise behind this ruling. No more games. You either make Iowa your true place of residence, or you get treated as a non-resident.

I read the ruling. The difference between us is that I understand the ruling and I base my point of view on facts, not feelings.

Belive it or not, there are other states with more restrictive requirements for residency to obtain a hunting license. You can look that up too.

Fletch quit (internet yelling) at everyone and settle down. I asked for the requirements to be a resident. As noted in the decision, it said the state determined Samis and the other two, were not residents based on facts such as, they have a house in another state, their kids go to school in another state, they spend the majority of their time in the other states.

I asked if there IS a website that has the exact residency requirements such as (you wife must live in the state, your kids must go to school here, you must be in Iowa X amount of days or you are not a resident)...if not, then how could they use that information to determine the case.

It appears Samis met the qualifications, with the exception of 90 days CONSECUTIVE in Iowa.

If I missed a website that talks about those specifics, that is what I was looking for.

I am looking for facts, not interested in emotion.

Last edited:
Fletch quit (internet yelling) at everyone and settle down. I asked for the requirements to be a resident. As noted in the decision, it said the state determined Samis and the other two, were not residents based on facts such as, they have a house in another state, their kids go to school in another state, they spend the majority of their time in the other states.

I asked if there IS a website that has the exact residency requirements such as (you wife must live in the state, your kids must go to school here, you must be in Iowa X amount of days or you are not a resident)...if not, then how could they use that information to determine the case.

It appears Samis met the qualifications, with the exception of 90 days CONSECUTIVE in Iowa.

If I missed a website that talks about those specifics, that is what I was looking for.

I am looking for facts, not interested in emotion.

So far, the facts have bit you on the nose and you missed it.

Again, I steered you directly to it. ALL of the requirements are on the residency application and the interpretation of the law is clearly spelled out in the courts decision. What more could you possibly need. There is no magical website that will spoon feed you the concepts. You only have to read and understand them.

They fail the residency test based on the fact that they only have a residence here for the purpose of skirting the intent of the law. Their PRIMARY and permanent residence is in another state. Part of how that is determined is based on where family lives and where kids go to school and where the majority of time is spent and on and on. Why is that so difficult to give in to? Its really very clear. You have been provided all the information. I cant do more than that.

Can anyone argue that a man that has a million dollar home in another state where his wife and kids spend all of their time and he spends the largest percentage of his time is not trying to sidestep the intent of the residency requirements by buying a duplex or building a cabin here? Seriously. The court did a great job for Iowa residents. The beauty of that is, anyone can become a true resident. Our borders are open. I welcome any one of those gentlemen and any others like them to bring their family here and become Iowans. Its just that simple.

Failed the residency test...?

interpretation of the law....?

Ok I got my answer from you, those two comments are exactly what I have been trying to point out! Thanks.

Top Bottom