Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Better start the emails, phone calls, letters....

Wow here's the deal the purpose of the second amendment to the constitution is to empower the people against a tyrannical government. It has nothing to do with sporting arms. It is disgusting to me that anyone on a hunting forum would accept any limitation of this vital right it is in fact the only right we have that exists to ensure we keep the others. This ignorance is exactly the thing lib gun haters are counting on if you think if they limit magazine capacity they will be satisfied and leave your hunting guns alone you are very mistaken. As for the Leo on here that doesn't see the need for mor than ten rounds. I am disappointed in your grasp of the constitution. I too served in law enforcement then worked as both an operator and an instructor in the private sector to say that I am familiar with firearms and their use would be an understatement. I will not bore you with my resume but suffice it to say between receiving and providing weapons training the hours are in four figures and the time I have spent armed is in years. And never have I seen a firearm commit a willful act they are tools. you cannot allow a tool to be blamed for the actions of a deranged or negligent human. We must stick together folks. If you don't believe me ask an Australian, Brit , etc. there is a reason Ted Nugent says you can't do this in France.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
T Roy in what capacity have you served in Law Enforcement? I too am a law enforcement instructor and have an extensive legal education. If you want to apply the 2nd amendment as originally intended to repel our own tyrannical govt you will be waiting probably the rest of your life, and for the entirety of your children's lives. The beauty of our Constitution is the fact it can be changed through amendment, as intended by the founders, to adjust to an ever morphing society and societal problems. The founders knew our country would face unforeseen problems and issues not comprehendable at the time the Constitution was written. I am a firearm supporter but there are lines in all subject matter. You comically stated a .22 could technically be an assault weapon. I have to say I have never seen a military unit or swat team armed with lever action 30/30's or a .22LR. As an LEO I would much rather face a person with a lever action rifle compared to a M-4, or his Remington 1100 turkey gun opposed to a .12 gauge street sweeper. How about you?

Last edited:
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Nope please read my post carefully and sound it out if you get stuck. No where in my post did I stay anything about .22 lr as anything tactical. And I know you are hoping my capacity in law enforcement was like radio operator or something but I was just a patrolman never an instructor or anything so important as that but I did have the pleasure of qualifying a few times a year with the guy who drew the short straw and took the instructor class at ilea and I get how little it means.

If everyone waits for the inevitable, it will be too late. It's not just OUR government we have to fear. And it's not just about guns. The world dominance groups have been taking steps for a very long time to make their goals, a reality for the rest of us. Firearms and unity are the strongest defense we have against groups that would leave us with nothing but slavery. Yes, I said slavery. A time is coming, when some people will have to decide if life as a slave is preferable over dying as a freedom fighter. I choose freedom...........ck

I for one love the ar-15 for a sporting gun. I have used it numerous times in hunting and shoot regularly for fun. I would never go prarie dog shooting without an ar-15, i would get arthristis from working the bolt on a bolt action!
I also love to go out and dump a 90 round drum out of my ak-47. There is no reason that I, as a law abiding citizen, should not be able to do these things.

Jdubs, just out of curiosity, what percentage of criminal shootings involve ar-15s or ak-47s? How many people have been killed in the united states by these two firearms? If you look up this data i think that the American people should be way more scared of kitchen knives, baseball bats, bath tubs, drunk drivers, and especially disease. Maybe we should just put some legislation in that outlaws cancer, that ought to fix that!

According to the official Navy Department Library website, "The 36-day (Iwo Jima) assault resulted in more than 26,000 American casualties, including 6,800 dead."[23] To put that into context, the 82-day Battle for Okinawa lasted from early April until mid-June 1945 and U.S. (5 Army and 2 Marine Corps Divisions) casualties were over 62,000 of whom over 12,000 were killed or missing ; while the Battle of the Bulge lasted 40 days (16 December 44 – 25 January 45) with almost 90,000 U.S. casualties; 19,000 killed, 47,500 wounded, and 23,000 captured or missing.

This is only 3...all for our freedoms, including the 2nd amendment. It is our duty not to give it up.

Transfer and possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices Prohibition Bill

Title 27: Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

PART 478—COMMERCE IN FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
Subpart C—Administrative and Miscellaneous Provisions

§ 478.40a Transfer and possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

(a) Prohibition. No person shall transfer or possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

(b) Exceptions. The provisions of paragraph (a) of this section shall not apply

to:

(1) The possession or transfer of any large capacity ammunition feeding device otherwise lawfully possessed on September 13, 1994;

(2) The manufacture for, transfer to, or possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States or a State or a department, agency, or political subdivision of a State, or a transfer to or possession by a law enforcement officer employed by such an entity for purposes of law enforcement;

(3) The transfer to a licensee under title I of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 for purposes of establishing and maintaining an on-site physical protection system and security organization required by Federal law, or possession by an employee or contractor of such licensee on-site for such purposes or off-site for purposes of licensee-authorized training or transportation of nuclear materials;

(4) The possession, by an individual who is retired from service with a law enforcement agency and is not otherwise prohibited from receiving ammunition, of a large capacity ammunition feeding device transferred to the individual by the agency upon such retirement;

(5) The manufacture, transfer, or possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device by a manufacturer or importer for the purposes of testing or experimentation in accordance with §478.153; or

(6) The manufacture, transfer, or possession of any large capacity ammunition feeding device by a manufacturer or importer for the purpose of exportation in accordance with the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2778).

(c) Importation, manufacture, and dealing in large capacity ammunition feeding devices. Possession and transfer of large capacity ammunition feeding devices by persons who manufacture, import, or deal in such devices will be presumed to be lawful if such persons maintain evidence establishing that the devices are possessed and transferred for sale to purchasers specified in paragraph (b) of this section. Examples of acceptable evidence include the following:

(1) Contracts between persons who import or manufacture such devices and persons who deal in such devices stating that the devices may only be sold to law enforcement agencies or other purchasers specified in paragraph (b) of this section;

(2) Copies of purchase orders submitted to persons who manufacture, import, or deal in such devices by law enforcement agencies or other purchasers specified in paragraph (b) of this section;

(3) Copies of letters submitted to persons who manufacture, import, or deal in such devices by government agencies or other purchasers specified in paragraph (b) of this section expressing an interest in purchasing the devices;

(4) Letters from persons who deal in such devices to persons who import or manufacture such devices stating that sales will only be made to law enforcement agencies or other purchasers specified in paragraph (b) of this section; and

(5) Letters from law enforcement officers purchasing in accordance with paragraph (b)(2) of this section and §478.132.
(Paragraph (c) approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 1140–0041)
[T.D. ATF–363, 60 FR 17452, Apr. 6, 1995, as amended by T.D. ATF–383, 61 FR 39321, July 29, 1996; ATF–11F, 73 FR 57240, Oct. 2, 2008]

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=f5ad292d18b4b68ea796f8cccc397a73&rgn=div8&view=text&node=27:3.0.1.2.3.3.1.25&idno=27

All Bill Titles

• Short: Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act as introduced.
  • Official: To prohibit the transfer or possession of large capacity ammunition feeding devices, and for other purposes. as introduced.

Interests that support this bill:

Top recipients for ALL supporting interest groups

NameAmount ReceivedVote On Passage
Rep. Todd Akin [R, MO-2]$9,200Rep. Reid Ribble [R, WI-8]$7,800Rep. Addison Wilson [R, SC-2]$6,800Rep. Niki Tsongas [D, MA-5]$6,550Rep. James Moran [D, VA-8]$6,500Rep. Nancy Pelosi [D, CA-8]$5,800Rep. Robert Aderholt [R, AL-4]$5,494Rep. Charles Rangel [D, NY-15]$5,400Rep. Louise Slaughter [D, NY-28]$5,000Rep. Corrine Brown [D, FL-3]$4,900Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D, NY]$33,100Sen. Charles Schumer [D, NY]$16,900Sen. Michael Bennet [D, CO]$14,450Sen. Patrick Toomey [R, PA]$13,150Sen. Patty Murray [D, WA]$10,650Sen. Richard Shelby [R, AL]$10,100Sen. Daniel Inouye [D, HI]$9,700Sen. Harry Reid [D, NV]$9,600Sen. Scott Brown [R, MA]$7,900Sen. Maria Cantwell [D, WA]$7,300

Specific Organizations Supporting H.R.308

• Violence Policy Center
  • Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
  • States United to Prevent Gun Violence
  • Legal Community Against Violence
  • Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
  • The U.S. Conference of Mayors
  • Citizens Crime Commission of New York City
  • United Methodist Church, General Board of Church and Society
Interests that oppose this bill:

Top recipients for ALL opposing interest groups

NameAmount ReceivedRep. John Boehner [R, OH-8]$12,650Rep. Dan Burton [R, IN-5]$9,458Rep. John Fleming [R, LA-4]$9,200Rep. Addison Wilson [R, SC-2]$8,985Rep. Steven Chabot [R, OH-1]$8,350Rep. Mary Bono Mack [R, CA-45]$8,000Rep. Michael McCaul [R, TX-10]$7,700Rep. Marsha Blackburn [R, TN-7]$7,300Rep. Greg Walden [R, OR-2]$7,050Rep. Steve Stivers [R, OH-15]$6,900Sen. Scott Brown [R, MA]$72,996Sen. Daniel Coats [R, IN]$35,834Sen. Patrick Toomey [R, PA]$25,885Sen. Robert Portman [R, OH]$21,700Sen. John Thune [R, SD]$14,100Sen. John McCain [R, AZ]$10,300Sen. Jim DeMint [R, SC]$8,450Sen. Marco Rubio [R, FL]$7,485Sen. Al Franken [D, MN]$6,688Sen. Saxby Chambliss [R, GA]$6,514
Specific Organizations Opposing H.R.308

• Gun Owners of America
  • National Rifle Association

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h308/money

Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects Implementation Plan 2012-2018

====================

8. To improve the management of small arms and light weapons stockpiles, in
particular by implementing adequate standards and procedures for stockpile
safety and security, including the responsible disposal, preferably through
destruction, of surpluses;

=====================

19. To encourage States, who have not done so, to consider ratifying or acceding to
related international legal instruments; and

20. To facilitate cooperation with civil society and academia in activities related to
the prevention, combat and eradication of the illicit trade in small arms and
light weapons in all its aspects.

======================

http://www.poa-iss.org/RevCon2/Documents/RevCon-DOC/ZERO/2012%2006%2006%20PoA%20Implementation%20Plan_zero%20draft.pdf

The UN Programme of Action on small arms and light weapons provides the framework for activities to counter the illicit trade in such arms.

http://www.poa-iss.org/RevCon2/

http://www.poa-iss.org/PoA/PoA.aspx

Arms Trade Treaty Conference

Press Statement Victoria Nuland Department Spokesperson, Office of the Spokesperson Washington, DC

July 27, 2012

The United States supports the outcome today at the Arms Trade Treaty Conference. While the Conference ran out of time to reach consensus on a text, it will report its results and the draft text considered back to the UN General Assembly (UNGA). The United States supports a second round of negotiations, conducted on the basis of consensus, on the Treaty next year; we do not support a vote in the UNGA on the current text. The illicit trafficking of conventional arms is an important national security concern for the United States. While we sought to conclude this month’s negotiations with a Treaty, more time is a reasonable request for such a complex and critical issue. The current text reflects considerable positive progress, but it needs further review and refinement.

With that in mind, we will continue to work towards an Arms Trade Treaty that will contribute to international security, protect the sovereign right of states to conduct legitimate arms trade, and meet the objectives and concerns that we have been articulating throughout the negotiation, including not infringing on the constitutional right of our citizens to bear arms. The United States took a principled stand throughout these negotiations that international trade in conventional arms is a legitimate enterprise that is and should remain regulated by the individual nations themselves, and we continue to believe that any Arms Trade Treaty should require states to develop their own national regulations and controls and strengthen the rule of law regarding arms sales.

We support an Arms Trade Treaty because we believe it will make a valuable contribution to global security by helping to stem illicit arms transfers, and we will continue to look for ways for the international community to work together to improve the international arms transfer regime so that weapons aren’t transferred to people who would abuse them.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2012/07/195622.htm

problem is, what are/can we do about it ?

if i thought this all just was about a country like Somalia, Africa, but then you have 49 headless bodies found south of McAllen, Texas. i saw what happened when the police lose control during hurricane Ike. they tell you to protect your own, "we lost control, use whatever force necessary". but how could you do that, if some multi-national organization comes in and dictates how many bullets you can have and shoot at any given, what kind of gun you can or cannot have. apocalyptic events can happen any day. fema comes in takes over phone towers too when they do, that happened after hurricane Ike. so, no power, no phone, and no gun, or a gun without ammo, and then they tell you your on your own. i don't think so.

every time i see a car bomb go off in Iraq, or anywhere else (a vehicle used to deliver munitions and death, same as a gun), and then listen to some of the arguments about ban on guns (whatever kind), i scratch my head. same as with airplanes, a supposedly, vehicle of transport, but yet used as a flying bomb against the twin towers, as we are all are aware of. i see no attempt to ban either. ban weapons and or magazines to 10 rounds, the next thing you have is a single shot pea shooter, without any ammo, because they banned that too. people kill people, and we will never change that. man can be a brutal beast. all we can do is try to protect your family and yourself, and when they take away our guns from us, we are screwed, whether or not your democrat or republican.

i disgust myself chimming in here. i apologize up front. but i have to say the nra and or republicans don't have a strangle hold on the right to bear arms.

seems if you want to believe in the right to bear arms these days, you have to belong to the nra, be pro-life, be anti-gay, believe in forced vagina ultrasounds, and be a racist bigot, all in one. that's simply not true.

seems if you are _American_ and you believe in this right to bear arms, it would be in everyone's best interest to unite.

once it starts, there will be no end until they have all your guns, and or down to where it’s a single shot pea shooter only.

then what do you have?

only the criminals will have auto’s and semi-auto’s with high capacity mags.
whether your are blue, red, or rainbow, and you believe in your right to protect your family with whatever the criminals have and will always have, then write your congressman or congresswoman, and just say NO !
[SIZE=+0][/SIZE]

The right to protect your family!!! Lets say you, and the afore mentioned family are sleeping........ you have a 22. up to a air to ground missle all witha bigger then 10 round clip in them!!!!!!!!! Under your pillow!! We are armed!! :D:way: Unless the bad guy is a idiot(Agreed many are!) and makes alot of break in noise you are gonna wake up to a gun in your face!!! You are already dead!! If they ring the doorbell in broad daylight you can PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!!! Other than that.You get to watch if your alive, and before they leave the'll take your high dollar weapons with them!! Let's face it if I wanna put a slug in your head, I wont announce it!!!!!!! Argue on!!!!:way:

What I don't get is why this country isn't re-directing its efforts on banning SWIMMING POOLS!!!!!?!?!?!?!? Swimming pools cause far more deaths, there's no constitutional right to them or amendment guaranteeing your rights to use/own one, they are not "NEEDED", innocent children die at a staggering rate (vs say, guns), they are EASY to spot- thus easy to ban & actually get rid of (which guns you can't & criminals easily keep those). Far far more deaths due to pools - why are folks not crusading to ban these?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
After WWII, a Japanese General was asked why they didn't invade the U.S. He answered because everyone had a gun. I am a law enforcement officer and I proudly support the 2nd Amendment and I will never take part in confiscating law abiding citizens firearms of any kind.

The right to protect your family!!! Lets say you, and the afore mentioned family are sleeping........ you have a 22. up to a air to ground missle all witha bigger then 10 round clip in them!!!!!!!!! Under your pillow!! We are armed!! :D:way: Unless the bad guy is a idiot(Agreed many are!) and makes alot of break in noise you are gonna wake up to a gun in your face!!! You are already dead!! If they ring the doorbell in broad daylight you can PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!!! Other than that.You get to watch if your alive, and before they leave the'll take your high dollar weapons with them!! Let's face it if I wanna put a slug in your head, I wont announce it!!!!!!! Argue on!!!!:way:

You have to take simple precautions on your home, such as locking the doors and windows. If you sleep with windows and doors wide open, then yes someone could possibly sneak in without being acknowledged. But I have the best security system in the world........a 2 year old that leaves toys everywhere. You'd have better luck making it quietly through a brushpile with a semi than my living room on foot.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
The thing about anti-gun laws only law abiding people follow them, criminals do not follow them that's why their criminals.

This is the smartest statement that's been made in this entire thread! i wish everybody would "get it"

on another note...when zombies attack, everyone will wish they owned a rifle with a 30 round magazine. cuz everybody knows, you gotta double-tap a zombie! :D

Lets put it this way....... I know when a bag blows across the yard.

Funny thing is that the boy is old enough to stay home by his self and I have had people say lets sneak up and scare the crap out of him.

I tell them not a good idea. That could be very hazardous to your health. If the dogs don't get you he might.

Mobile Cooter using IW

Yea! Your hardcore!!!!!!! Wake up!!! :(

Top Bottom