Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

City deer and MY story!

Re: City deer and more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">everyone says "I'm not a trophy hunter" they are full of $hit </div></div>

I'm not a trophy hunter. Would I shoot a 200" buck if I had the chance? Yes. Is that the only reason I am in the woods. Hell no. So if a guy doesn't have a good chunk of ground to hunt and doesn't want to hunt public ground he shouldn't get a chance at a buck in the city after he pays his dues? If someone puts the time in and helps with the urban population let him earn a tag. Nothing wrong with it.

play nice fellas
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

less than a week now!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gersdorf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">everyone says "I'm not a trophy hunter" they are full of $hit </div></div>

I'm not a trophy hunter. Would I shoot a 200" buck if I had the chance? Yes. Is that the only reason I am in the woods. Hell no. So if a guy doesn't have a good chunk of ground to hunt and doesn't want to hunt public ground he shouldn't get a chance at a buck in the city after he pays his dues? If someone puts the time in and helps with the urban population let him earn a tag. Nothing wrong with it. </div></div>

Well put!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh christmas, hes back. </div></div>

Now that's damn funny. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I apologize publically to T250. I helped take his post out of context.. The post is going the wrong direction, but brings up a good point. I wouldn't call city deer "tame" but they are more tolerant. The skill of shooting a bow doesn't change one bit though.
Bottom line, I don't see any problem with any of the hunts if things are done by the book. I agree. Doe tags could be cheaper. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

NO worries about this hunting season, Just have had some interseting talks and debates with a few people in the area of City Hunting.... Rules, regs, why, why not , gray areas..... stuff like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 180class</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you mean by "Real Woods Hunters" ? Do you mean people that have a list of wildlife violation convictions? the people that have lost their hunting privelages? or do you mean the people that tresspass not only shed poaching, but shooting deer on land they do not have permission? Or.... do you actually mean the people that obey and respect the laws set by the state of Iowa & the DNR whether they are hunting in the city or 100 miles from here?
</div></div>

Ouch!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I too think the urban doe tags should be cheaper. In fact, I would almost toy with the thought of them paying YOU for shooting one. No different than paying a sniper or the old bounty system they used to have on some animals. Problem in my mind is that they charge the same amount to kill one in the ciy as anywhere else and to me that decreases the incentive especially when you have to undergo 2 nights of classroom training and a shooting proficiency test to comply. This is even true for private landowners that live within the expanded urban zone. All that to start 2 weeks early and get carried away by mosquitos in 85 degree heat? No thanks, especially when you can still hunt much of the area within it's boundaries with regular tags starting Oct 1. A huge portion is outside the city limits and is already huntable by normal means anyway.

Bottom line is this folks, and it's no different whatever state you reside.
<span style="color: #FF0000">It takes a lot of money to fund the DNR or whatever the game people are called in your state. 12 bucks is cheap hunting/enjoyment/entertainment period!</span>
Heck I pay 28 bucks for a doe only tag here and I'm telling you, it's the cheapest entertainment value around.
Game commissions need funds to operate for law enforcement, programs, etc. etc. etc. You should be happy to help them out for what you get out of it. What else can you do for so little money and put meat in the freezer?
The enjoyment of being out in the woods, be it city limit woods or outside the city limits makes no difference.
If you're whining about 12 bucks for a permit then what's the cost to fly to Florida for a few fish? Quit the complaining and support your DNR.

Spending hunreds of dollars for a ton of deer meat that you you have to eat or find a place for..(time limit on having deer meat in your freezer, DNR's stupid law) Drag'n them out, calling the police station and wait for an officer to come look at your deer while you cut the ear, hope they fill out their form correctly(often not and never get credit)....or...... Fly to Florida to get away from standing corn for a few weeks, see a different style and voriety of underwater ocean hunting in a beautiful area.....And meet new and amazing people from another site that welcome people from out of state to hunt and fish there world.....PRICELESS

And the post was to hear insite from members.... NOT for complaints.... Thats what the sites for right Shovelbuck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> NOT for complaints.</div></div> That's priceless coming from you.

Take a look at your feet 250. The ice your on is getting thin as are your stories.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you mean by "Real Woods Hunters" ? Do you mean people that have a list of wildlife violation convictions? the people that have lost their hunting privelages? or do you mean the people that tresspass not only shed poaching, but shooting deer on land they do not have permission? Or.... do you actually mean the people that obey and respect the laws set by the state of Iowa & the DNR whether they are hunting in the city or 100 miles from here? </div></div>

?????????

what's this all aboot?

Okay Mr. 250, here is my observation. You asked a good, legitimate question. And the responses were probably about what you expected, but they were civil. Then you began stirring the pot. 10 of the 35 posts so far were yours. Something to consider sometime would be to let people share their views without provoking them. Historically, you do this, then claim victim status. You have a lot to contribute to the site, but if you keep going at this pace, I'll just say goodbye to you now. By the way, I don't complain about a $12 doe tag. No one makes me shoot go out and shoot a ton of them, but if I choose to, it has a cost. Pretty simple. . . and pretty cheap recreation.

I have'nt snap'd on anyone or sent dark death P.M's to anyone so I'm not going anywhere:) Thanks fore beeing the 1 PERSON out of 376 revtiews that has the Ball$ to say it was a legit post.And for my resposes... I defend no matter what, I would'nt b me if I did'nt. I think I handled everything rather well.

Nevertheless, it's made for some interesting reading. I can admit that. Something we lack in here sometimes.

Top Bottom