Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Concealed carry gun?

rutnstrut

PMA Member
Ok with the law change and everyone getting a CCW permit what do you all have for a carry gun??? Im leaning towards a Walther PK380 or something similar, small frame semi-auto. So what do you have and what do you like or not like about it? Ive also heard a lot of good things about the Bersa Thunder380, its suppose to be a real good shooter, very reliable and very affordable as well.

I carry a XDm 40 or an M&P C 9. With the right holster they carry easy.

I dont care for the micro guns I just cant shot them accurately enough imo.

If you could carry one during bow season I would buy one tomorrow. Some days I get a little antsy walking out of a public spot only to see a truck sitting there running in the parking lot a good hour after dark with the lights off.

I have three conceal and carry firearms.

1. Davis Derringer in a .22 magnum.
2. Ruger GP100 in .357 magnum.
3. Glock model 26 in 9mm, this is the one I carry the most.

I have had a C & C permit for many years, truth is, I never go anywhere except to work when I am not carrying.

Carry a Heckler & Koch USP40 compact in a Tucker Gunleather IWB Texas Heritage(great holster buy the way). Also looking real hard at getting the Ruger SR9c.

I have 2 carry guns. A Ruger 380 LCP and a Springfield XD compact .40. The S & W Bodyguard 380 looks pretty sweet as well. The Springfield is an awesome gun. Great safety features and shoots great. You can get a belt clip off of the Keltec website that will fit the Ruger LCP and it is a great way to carry it. The .380 would be more of a get off me gun but if you wanted something with a little power I would get a .40.

I've had my permit for over 10 years in AZ now and when I do carry (or keep it in my truck), its my Colt 1991A1. I've never had a problem with comfort or keeping it hidden on my body. I used to carry a Taurus PT940 off and on until it was stolen. I'm glad I never had to pull that one. BIGGEST POS I've ever owned. Sent back to the factory twice and still malfunctioning when it was stolen. Looking at the XDM 40 or a HK USP for my next one.

I have to get a new one soon, all I have is a scoped.460 mag. S&W w/10" barrel.I can't hide it in my truck let alone on myself.

Ive already got a few full size models like the XD40. Im more interested in guns made specifically for concealed carry, more less pocket pistols and the pros and cons of them. Not them compared to a bigger gun but them compared to other guns in the same catagory. I realize theyre arent going to be as powerful or shoot quite as good but I couldnt imagine lugging around my XD40 all day. In my opinion unless your going to carry it in an unconcealed manor like a police officer would then its just too big bulky and heavy and is more suited for a glove box or night stand. So lets hear about how you like your small frame autos or what one you wish you would have went with instead and why.

I would really like to get my hands on a Colt Mustang or Pony pocketlite .380 but theyre few and far between and not to mention pricey

Last edited:
I'm looking at purchasing a S&W bodyguard in the revolver. Definitely a good conceal carry gun. My reason for the revolver is: less chance of it malfunctioning vs the semi-auto.

I think I will carry my 12 gauge, or maybe my rifle. The law allows this, doesn't it? Doesn't need to be concealed, doesn't need to be a pistol.

Look at a Kel tech 380. Handy little pistols for conceal carry. Fit right in your front pocket. My dad has 2 of them, and they are actually pretty accurate up to about 25 yards.

What was the law change concerning the Iowa CHL laws ???

Went from may issue to shall issue. Before the change a county Sheriff made the decision as to who could carry. The sheriff was able to deny you a permit. Some Sheriffs would issue to everyone eligible and some would issue to nobody. Very inconsistant and obviously unfair to the residents of our State. Sheriffs could also write any restrictions they wanted on the permit as well. Iowa is finally heading in the right direction on this issue. :way:

I carry a XD40 in a Don Hume holster w/ top thumb break. I wear an XL t-shirt in the summer & it covers very well. 99 % of the time my wife doesn't even know that I'm carrying until we get home & she sees me putting the gun away.

She used to think I was nuts for carrying a gun until the night we were in the Sioux City mall a couple years ago. We walked in near Chuck E Cheese, walked to JC Pennys & back. In that 15 minutes we followed a big blood trail back to the ambulance sitting at the door we came in. Some kid stabbed another kid over a video game tournament.

Top Bottom