Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Could this be a Mountain Lion

Mandity

Buddy of mine got this on his cam and wanted me to share it and get your guys opinion. We have been hearing rumors for the last month about a possible kitty in the area and maybe two of them. Well now we have a picture that to me and my buddies we think its one of the kitty cats. Sure has a long tail and cant really see its face. What do you guys think.

cougar.jpg

Last edited:
Sure looks like it to me.....do you have a picture of a deer or something on that camera for size comparison?

He says the (animal) is only about knee high or little taller at the back. I use to have a pet cougar and when he was 6 months old he was only that height so now we think its a little one. We wish we had a better picture because this picture and the recent talk around has our minds going crazy. Atleast mine.

Erick said:
its a kitty cat not a mountain lion

I want to say you're right Erick...but I don't know very many kitty cats that are that size. Normally on my pictures at least cats are not knee high. This one is pretty big if you look at the grass.

Im getting pictures of deer at same site to show you size comparison. Coon compared to this picture are tiny at this spot.

blakesburg said:
Looks like a lion to me.

I'm kinda thinking the same, especially with that tail. If it is truly about knee high, that tells me very young lion, probably a young female.

I think its one of those big nasty looking yellow Tom cats seems like there always the biggest and have the longest tail.

This is a picture off my camera and ill get a comparrison pic on here on monday i have a guy that lives 2 miles away and says they shot and wonded an adult two nights after i got this picture they raise deer and two of them have been killed and dnr came out and confirmed it was they were killed by mountan lion and that there were at least two sets pf abult tracks on outside of pin so that why its got me wondering but i know for sure there not to far away. Thanks for everyones input.

um where is this at? Sure hope its not in south central iowa. I might not be walking through the timber an hour before light to my stand if it is. lol

Top Bottom