Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Could this be a Mountain Lion

Best way to tell is have him send you the full picture, with some pictures of deer in the same spot.

From the picture you posted, it looks like a house cat, but there is nothing to really compare it too.

Picture was taken in keokuk county im hopin to put a better camera up at site tomorrow and capture it again

Picture was taken in keokuk county im hopin to put a better camera up at site tomorrow and capture it again
I hope you have good luck with that, but know going in that if it truly was a mountain lion that they cover miles in a day and their home ranges are huge. The chances of the cat coming by on the same trail are very slim.

Its just weird though how several ppl have been talking about one in the area and then within a week of all the talk he gets a pic of something very similar to a cougar. My guts tell me cougar. Heck after one of us shoot it then we can verify it a little better that it was around

I was convinced it was a lion until someone brought up the foxtail. Not a yellow lab, ive got 2 of them and thats not what were lookin at. The thick swooping tail is very cougar like but it looks like a small one if it is and even then they arent that filled out when theyre young. Think ya got a big old tom cat. Throw a live trap out there with some hotdogs in it. See if ya catch a big yellow cat.

I've have a cam set up in keokuk county as well that's been out for a month or so. I wonder if I've got any kitty pics. I got some bobcat pics last year.

Ya the bobcats are starting to come around this neck of the woods. Seems every year friends are getting more and more pics of them.

For sure..
images

That's a much better pic. I'm now leaning toward a dog of some sort. 180 class is right, lions (cats for that matter) don't have floppy ears. And the tip of the tail isn't dark like a lion's would be or as long as a lion's would be. Definitely a dog...or a young kangaroo!

Top Bottom