Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Could this be a Mountain Lion

The bigger pic helps. I'm not totally sure what to think. I think it could be one, but it is tough to say without really knowing how tall all that grass/weeds are. We need a pic of a deer or a coon or something in the same spot. It could be a big tomcat and it does kind of look like a lab too. I first thought that was a floopy ear too with the eye glowing in the flash, but if you look closely its just the weeds, it does not appear as though the animal is looking at the camera, I think it is looking away.
I think it could be one, do you have any pics in the same spot to compare it too?

The tail just looks strange to me, I dont know if I have saw a house cat, tame or wild with a tail like this. If their wasnt a dnr confirmed lion within 2 miles of this pic I would say no way. Also it does appear small but I have been to this exact camera and checked the card and the weeds are really tall, I dont remember exactly how tall.

Maybe a young cougar, I dont know when they loose their spots though.

Id say the best evidence is the fact that a guys deer pen had dead deer not even 2 miles away that the DNR confirmed was a mt. lion and as far as fox tail goes that stuff can be 5 ft. high. We arnt saying its a huge mt. lion may just be a cub but Im convinced its a lion for sure.

Call Keokuk County DNR office and ask them. Also look up confirmed sightings in Iowa. I did and theres alot more than I ever heard of.

Top Bottom