Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CW From The Stand

Seems that I can never catch a break.. Last night I jumped a nice buck on my way in..
Tonight I got to my stand and there is a tractor working on the property south of me.. Not sure what he's doing but it's in the area the deer have been coming from.. Guess I'll wait and see how the night goes

Keep at it. Tractors have very little affect on deer. The biggest deer I have ever seen in the wild I jumped within 30 yards of a tractor where a guy was clearing out a brush pile on a fence line.

I'm down in Adams county until Monday hopefully the new area brings new luck.. Anything will fill my any-sex gun 2 tag and then Monday will be spent after a buck with my bow.

Didn't get out early like I wanted to this morning but still had a great hunt.. While walking out saw a doe was going to shoot her but she took off before I was even ready. Then I sat on a terrace to glass where she went and saw the biggest buck I've seen while hunting all year. But the plan of stalking him was short lived when 4 coyotes ran across the field towards him. After awhile I made my way to where the buck entered. And never in my life have I seen so many turkeys. May have to buy my fall archery tag and fill it on Monday. Ended up seeing 10 deer. 9 does and the buck. Hopefully I get a shot in these last three hunts

Adams county provided peaceful hunting but I didn't fill my tag.. Back to bowhunting in Story Co.. Seems like things are normal. Saw four deer last night with no shots.. Decided to hunt closer to the house tonight because standing corn in the backyard has been getting hit.. However my neighbors to the north have decided to get their fart can four wheelers out and ride up and down the road and trespass to the north where the deer usually come from

Ended up getting out of my stand at 4 to move to the top of the hill to glass since the four wheelers were driving me crazy down in the bottom.. Ended up seeing a buck and two does about 1000 yards away.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. Stay safe and have fun

Hope everyone had a great Christmas yesterday!

Tonight I'm back down in the bottom overlooking the standing beans seems to be more tracks than I'm used to near the stand. Maybe it's just because the ground is wet and they are sinking in now.. Not the NW wind I wanted but I think it should be fine

4:12- shot was fired north of me seemed pretty close but could just be loud in the bottom.
4:14- another shot fired same place. Hoping it was farther north than I think or my hunt can be summed up as over

Went out tonight. Sat on a good ole camp X chair down in the bottom.. Around 4:45 I had four does walk through. I got the camera on one of them and got my bow up to draw and she turned up the hill to the corn in our backyard.. Around 5:15 I had the half rack buck come down in the timber was really tempted to shoot him just couldn't get myself to. Went up the hill and they were all in the backyard. Hopefully they do the same thing tomorrow.

At 3:30 I decided to do a little glassing from the house because I know the deer haven't been moving in the backyard until 5:15ish. So rather than sitting out in the cold wind I figured I would save some warmth. Well wouldn't you know it I spotted a few deer almost immediately. So I sit there watching them as they most around and around 3:45 a doe comes shooting out of the timber with a really nice buck behind her. So I go downstairs get dressed up and head to the top of the hill to get a better look and maybe have them walk by on their way to the corn. 9 deer piled into a small patch of standing beans in front of one of my stands one was the large buck then a smaller buck and seven antlerless deer..I started to make my way from tree to tree to get a bit closer and then stop and glass a bit more when they must have heard or saw something at the house being built that they didn't like and they ran back to the timber they came out of they stayed there all night until dark then made their way into the backyard... Maybe tomorrow

Best sit of the year tonight.. 15 deer total they were all in the backyard as I walked out and I spooked them but they all made their way back in to 100 yards by closing time. One was my number one hitlister that hasn't shown up on camera since early November. 6x5 170+". There was also a nice 140" 8pt that I would have shot. 6 other bucks and 7 does

Been fun following your thread, Curtis. You put in way more hours than anyone I've heard of. Hopefully it all comes together for you as the season winds down. About time to throw em the kitchen sink! Best of luck in dropping your hitlister!

Been fun following your thread, Curtis. You put in way more hours than anyone I've heard of. Hopefully it all comes together for you as the season winds down. About time to throw em the kitchen sink! Best of luck in dropping your hitlister!

Thank you.. I think I have a really good idea of how I can get a shot at him tomorrow if they do the same thing.. Even wind looks like it will work out going to hang a stand around noon tomorrow and hunt it.. Really hoping it pays off would be great to finish this thread and long season with some harvest pics.

My plans have changed due to the drifting I had to take my gfs car to town and I'm glad I did when I did because I got stuck in the driveway twice.. Now hopefully my dad can get me picked up and back home by 4:30 so I can at least do some spot and stalking of they are out feeding.. Decided to walk the creek today and it was solid enough to walk on so now I can sneak to where the deer were last night of they are out there.

Well I would have had him but I decided to leave the spot with 15 minutes left because I saw deer in the timber by my house... Well I decided to go over and look where I was sitting at close and he was there with 4 does tomorrow I'm not moving

Well I will only have tomorrow to get it done. I just found out I have to pick the girlfriend up at the airport at 5:40 tonight because her flight was cancelled yesterday. So much for ending the season strong. Hopefully they'll move early still Saturday. Supposed to be warmer so I don't know what will happen.

Top Bottom