Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did they pull another thread?

All about the trophy bucks, isn't it....... :rolleyes: And jealousy that someone else might be tapping into that resource with an "unfair" advantage, even if they have put their money where their mouth is, stood up and paid for it. The challenge: show me how many landowner tags are sold and filled. I think it will not support your stance that it is a problem with deer management.

It has nothing to do with landowner tags and everything to do with how many Iowa hunters shoot more than 1 buck per year.

Btw yes to me it's completely about trophy deer. IE why I'm on Iowa whitetail from Indiana!

It has nothing to do with landowner tags and everything to do with how many Iowa hunters shoot more than 1 buck per year.

Btw yes to me it's completely about trophy deer. IE why I'm on Iowa whitetail from Indiana!

So why should I care about what someone in another state thinks? Seriously.

All about the trophy bucks, isn't it....... :rolleyes: And jealousy that someone else might be tapping into that resource with an "unfair" advantage, even if they have put their money where their mouth is, stood up and paid for it. The challenge: show me how many landowner tags are sold and filled. I think it will not support your stance that it is a problem with deer management.

It's because time and time again hunters in EVERY state have shown their inability to manage deer populations, let alone Iowa's goal of trophy deer. And yes trophies are your goal because that's how your governor is pitching it. Come to Iowa and shoot big deer..... Watch very SOB on TV do it, they are behind every tree. Just pay 700 bucks every 3 years and your golden!

It's because time and time again hunters in EVERY state have shown their inability to manage deer populations, let alone Iowa's goal of trophy deer. And yes trophies are your goal because that's how your governor is pitching it. Come to Iowa and shoot big deer..... Watch very SOB on TV do it, they are behind every tree. Just pay 700 bucks every 3 years and your golden!
Yup, Terry likes your money. Sucka. :D

It will be interesting to see how many of you fill your deer tags in the 2014/2015 season.

From my vantage point it seems as if a lot of you like to make suggestions about the number of deer I should or should not harvest to improve deer hunting in Iowa. Are you really going to do the same thing your proposing I should do? Really?
We'll see.

The way I see it landowners better tread lightly on non land owners because I'm sure the non landowners far out number them and it's going to take numbers to change anything. That's why this late doe season hasn't ended yet. A lot of the non land owners could care less if they shoot all the deer, their not out there to manage the herd. They are out there to have a good time. They don't own any ground or have much invested. They are just out there to wack and stack and go to the local watering hole and reminisce. While the owner on the other side of the fence is putting a lot of time, work, and money into their property to create a good deer habitat. If all the deer disappear the non landowner hunters will move on and find something else to do and the landowners will be stuck with piece of property with low deer numbers. As long as they are selling tags there will be people willing to fill them. I don't think landowner tags have too much to do with the current deer numbers. I think it's the weekend warriors that go out and shoot the first brown one, then the second and then the third and there are far more of these type of hunters in this state than trophy hunters or deer managers and who's to tell these people what they are doing is wrong when it's perfectly legal?

The way I see it landowners better tread lightly on non land owners because I'm sure the non landowners far out number them and it's going to take numbers to change anything. That's why this late doe season hasn't ended yet. A lot of the non land owners could care less if they shoot all the deer, their not out there to manage the herd. They are out there to have a good time. They don't own any ground or have much invested. They are just out there to wack and stack and go to the local watering hole and reminisce. While the owner on the other side of the fence is putting a lot of time, work, and money into their property to create a good deer habitat. If all the deer disappear the non landowner hunters will move on and find something else to do and the landowners will be stuck with piece of property with low deer numbers. As long as they are selling tags there will be people willing to fill them. I don't think landowner tags have too much to do with the current deer numbers. I think it's the weekend warriors that go out and shoot the first brown one, then the second and then the third and there are far more of these type of hunters in this state than trophy hunters or deer managers and who's to tell these people what they are doing is wrong when it's perfectly legal?

Lmao dude re-read this in the morning when your sober!!!!

No wait just erase it before others actually read it.

I have no lack of mature deer, I'm speaking on a statewide level not my area specifically. Iowa has a limited resource! That's why they say they have a non resident draw. If that limited resource is depleted then why allow residents to have 3 any sex tags?

Everyone gets two tags.

They let resident landowners have one extra.

Didn't we used to get only two? They upped it to three when they
started late muzzy or am I wrong?

BTW if the resource is depleted limiting buck tags is not the way to bring them back,

It will be interesting to see how many of you fill your deer tags in the 2014/2015 season. From my vantage point it seems as if a lot of you like to make suggestions about the number of deer I should or should not harvest to improve deer hunting in Iowa. Are you really going to do the same thing your proposing I should do? Really? We'll see.

Yes sir, no need to kill 3 bucks a year. If the good Lord blesses me with 1 then I am more than happy! Then I usually go to a few other states and kill 1 in each

really cool story dude

Man you can't mean that about telling landowners to tread lightly. You realize that 99% of Iowa is privately held right. I reread it multiple times thinking I was missing something.

Yes but non landowners buy more tags than landowners. While 99% is privately owned it doesn't take too many landowners when many own over 500 acres

Man you can't mean that about telling landowners to tread lightly. You realize that 99% of Iowa is privately held right. I reread it multiple times thinking I was missing something.

You are genius, most of the ground is owned by farmers that could care less about deer numbers not by recreational land owners.

I'd also hope you don't have any enemies on here because statements like that would probably get you kicked off every property you hunt if the landowner read it.

Don't worry I have land he can hunt. I've never seen so many selfish people. Non landowners outweigh LO and to get things done like he said it will take numbers......I have met many great LO and people in Iowa but some of you guys are ridiculous

Top Bottom