Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dinkasaurus 2, added more pics.

muddy

Had a great hunt this morning. Saw a few turkeys, some does, a dink or two, and then I saw a buck on a ridge far away from me. It's as simple as I banged the horns together, grunted a few times, and he came on a string from about 300 yards I suppose. As he came down the timber edge he was raking trees and brush, made a scrape right under me, and by the time I knew it he was dead again. It was a VERY cool hunt, there is just something about calling whitetails that makes me find it hard to keep my composure. He shrank like last years buck, but honestly I was so pumped up it was crazy. I put a great shot on him and he went about 50 yards and barrel rolled within sight. Thanks to DWilk and jmoose for dragging help, they can attest that Grim Reapers put a HURT on deer, it looked like I axe murdered 3 people out in the timber. Not much else to say, public land hunting is very frustrating (had 3 people and their dogs come by Saturday) and today it panned out. The pics are off my phone, I'll add some more when I get them from DWilk

dink2m.jpg

2012-11-05103030.jpg

2012-11-05075800.jpg

dink2.jpg

Here's a few more pictures from the day. Nothing special really, just wanted to share the carnage. I know some of you are possibly upset by the fact I called the deer "Dinkasaurus", please remember that I'm someone not to be taken too seriously. Half the reason I used that name was because I shot the buck about 200 yards from where I shot my buck last year on the same chunk of public. This is also the 3rd buck I've shot on this same ridge in about 4 years. If I stood where this particular buck died I can see all 3 stand locations as well as where all 3 bucks died. Pretty good little piece.

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2481.jpg

I know many of you hate mechanicals, but I'm sold on Grim Reapers, they put a HURT on things.
IMG_2488.jpg

IMG_2489.jpg

Carting out of the public, this year I finally had help.
IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a great buck Muddy, and on public land to boot. So does the wife go back to work tomorrow?

Looks like a great buck Muddy, and on public land to boot. So does the wife go back to work tomorrow?

No, she goes back to work NEXT week on Tuesday. Looks like we get some family time, which will be cool too. :way:

Good one Muddy! Congrats! Know what you mean about public, i'm near a bike path and they seem to always want to stop and take a break right by me hollering and laughing. I think it may help me though , deer are probably used to it.

Last edited:
Matt,

Excellent buck - public or otherwise. Can't wait to put my Reapers to the test, looks like they pounded that guy.

Top Bottom