Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

flat head show

Booner, I want to see some of your big flatties. Post them up. Long spurred gobblers. Big bucks and giant flatties get me fired up

Mr. Booner,

It seems that you continuously come up in arguments on Iowa Whitetail. Now, I personally know you, and know you're a good guy….but c'mon man…..lighten up a little bit. As you've mentioned, life is just too short.

When you say let's meet 'face to face' and 'If I had to gamble your tone would change mighty mighty fast'……that comes off as #1) Immature #2) Threatening #3) #ToughManBehindComputerSyndrome. No offense, just my honest opinion.

By the way, Mr. Buckroyd, just watched the video. I cancelled Dish Network a few weeks back, so I won't be able to watch any of their stuff besides what they post on the internet. I'm not much of a fisherman, but have went with others from time to time and had a good time. Keep in touch.

C'mon Dunkin, fighting over an arguement on the web? Really. I'm a hot head but give me some credit. Your taking it out context as everything else that happens online. Meeting face to face, talking and sharing picture will change a ton real fast as I've met some great guys from the site that if i had not talked too personally I would have slumped them in the tool bag category. Like your hashtag for example. A guy who doesn't know ya would probably question your age or your integrity. I however have been around ya some and get the wise cracks, I've got tough skin they don't bother me.

On a side note I'll post picture tomorrow when I'm back to my computer.

Freedom of Speech is indeed a right here in the good ol U.S. Of A but like any privilege, is often abused. I was also taught to stand up for what I believe in but right along with that were lessons in humility and biting my tongue.

I don't have cable but I'd be proud to watch that show if I did. I think flathead cat fishing is an underutilized form of recreation. Maybe I'd like to see a few more people chase with rod and reel just because that's the 'reel' rush in it! I don't like canoeing or boating my river of choice and finding abandoned bank lines but just like with anything outdoors, not everyone is a steward. If more people hopped on the camo cat wagon, the DNR might have some teeth and more money to manage the resource but I think they naturally do just fine.

I gotta say I agree with Booner on this issue. Maybe it is just being greedy but I love to run lines and I would hate to see the same thing happen to this sport as has happened to bow hunting in the past 4-8 years. Maybe it had nothing to do with the whole commercialized televised profitizing industry, but I can't go any where without seeing stands everywhere. I think Booner is afraid that the same could easily happen to the sport of flatheading because if everyone sees how awesome and fun it is then of course the will want to partake. Next thing you know you can't find a spot to put a pole in the bank.
picture.php

Hey tom! 2 years ago went to the Mississippi flat head tournament got 170 pounds on diddys ate every single one!

I understand everyone is entitled to their opinion. I definitely don't want to bring negative attention to their show or products. I understand people being worried about a negative impact, but I also understand that a little competition is good for all sports.

This thread is awesome- its my daily entertainment:)

I don't think they are "pimping" out anything- its to generate revenue to keep the show going. Which is how most shows stay in business- either sell merchandise or pimp out someone else's logo for advertising money. Its just business/ cash flow. I personally don't have a ton of experience doing diddy poles but I have done plenty of Rod and Reel flattys in DSM area and I think this is just a group of guys who are passionate about something getting a great opportunity to do what they love. If I had a chance to make a TV show and get sponsored and either shed hunt, bow hunt, fish, hell make a show about morel hunting- I would in a heart beat.

Either way- keep up this thread and great convos:) and yes - bring on them flatty pics cause I enjoy seeing them!!

Here's what I've got on this computer, didn't make it back to my home one tonight but figured this thread has gone on long enough. Nothing was meant to hurt feeling or get so many fired up, however one who knows and understands the sport knows where I'm coming from on how easy a good things could be ruined. All of these fish were released, however with how good eating this fish are most wouldn't be able to take a picture and allow others to enjoy the same things I got to with each big fish. Bank poling or even rod and reeling flats is something everyone should get to do at least once in their lives however, as most good things go; privelages will be abused and things could ultimately end up just like deer hunting, just like shed hunting, just like the spring walleye run, just like mushroom hunting, just like gingsing hunting, I'm sure once guys who are doubting what I'm saying actually think about it they will see that it will most definitely follow the same path as everything else that has gone "professional" and "mainstream"

regardless, the fella's who know what it's all about, enjoy the pictures!

41-------
2z56iyq.jpg

40+------
hrcuo0.jpg

25------
aebkll.jpg

45+
nludtw.jpg

akioed.jpg

2w2ebkh.jpg

Nice fish and pics. Maybe a stupid question, but why would anyone want to eat a fish that big anyway, Especially from a river? Major chemical issue with the meat. And yes I understand u release yours

I personally. Cant tell a taste differance between a 4 pounder or a 60 pounder. Very good eating in my opinion

Whether it was getting up early to check my trap line, watching the sun come up from my tree stand with bow in hand in the heat of the rut, spotting the glint of a long tine in a big buck bedding area, or pulling up to a bouncing bank pole, the feelings are all the same to me. Its a rush, and a feeling everyone should experience in their lifetime. Introducing people, especially children to these activities is what keeps the outdoor world turning. I do not like the extra shed hunting pressure or the fact that a neighbor may shoot a big buck I have on camera but who am I to say I deserve it more than they do? I like seeing shows that give me new ideas and strategies to try. I wish them luck with their endeavor!

Top Bottom