Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Full Load

i totally agree with kat, and i have actually started seeing things from the point of view that muddy stated. BUT...
if a hunter spends his/her $26 on a tag, he or she can shoot any damn deer they want. if they take a little basket 6, with 3 inch tines, and they are eating the meat, then conrats to them. if you want to practice QDM and pass on 140-150 class deer fine, go right ahead. if you refuse to shoot a doe, that is your call. i just get kinda tired of the negative comments about people not waiting for the big one, or letting that one grow another year. the VAST majority of deer that have been posted, would most likely, be bigger/thicker next year.

if these guys took that many bucks of that size out, i'm sure there were plenty of baskets still running around in there that will be that size next year. assuming its their land, and they bought the tags, i say good job guys, you had a great year

crap, i just went back and looked at the pic again. there isn't one buck in that trailer that i would pass on. the only "small" ones are skull capped on the hood of the gator

I agree with everything Muddy said earlier.Hunting big buck's is my passion but thinning the herd is something we all need to do every year even if it is only one doe a year.
I would also like to say that it's to bad that they could not have gotten better pic's to show a little more respect to the animal.I think when you pile them up like that it's all about the hunter,and that's to bad because the deer deserve's more then that.Anyway good luck trying to find a shooter around that area next year guy's.

Great batch of deer!! I am guessing that 5 or so should not have been taken!! But that is hunting!! I wonder how many does they shoot??

First of all Teeee-roy you are out of your mind. You just keep shooting the little buck's, and if you think all of the deer where shooters that where in the back of the truck I hate to see your trophy room. If it don't go on the wall don't shoot. If it is meat you are after shoot does they taste better and there is plenty too go around, not like four and five and a half year old bucks.....On to other things, I agree with Buckhunter if you are going to take pics of your trophy at least give it a little thought. &^rocket

The picture isn't that cool, rather tasteless for as many big deer that are in that photo. Where's all the hunters? It only says 14 tags with one in the pic and one taking the pic??? Just a thought. Most men or ladies would want to be in the pic with deer that nice, kinda a suspicious pic. However if it was on the up & up congradulations to all!
Jeff Haugland/Iowa

dont get me wrong.. i was just saying i cant pass up a 140-150 class buck... my reason behind that i dont need to have the bigger buck then anyone i dont need a big buck and i do like harvest does old mature does... like opening day of shot gun this yr... but they need a pic of hunter-deer who shot what and feild photo i dont like the full load.....

Like you all said, there are a few that could have waited a year or two. I don't understand why a lot of guys would rather shoot those little ones than a doe. I think they just like to say that they shot a buck when they are in the bar. There are some nice ones in that pile that I would not have hesitated on though. Especially if I only hunted one weekend a year like a lot of guys do. They might be a little dissapointed next year though.

Wow, didn't realize I would create this much discussion! I am a weekend hunter and have to admit I would put 6 or 7 of the deer in the picture on the wall.

well, seems like the points got across, let's keep the QDM discussions/arguments in the QDM forum and just say congrats to all the hunters. looks like clean kills, which is the main part.

Puts a picture behind old teds phrase "wacked stacked and packed"
grin.gif

I am sitting here thinking how much better those deer would look if the photo had been taken in the field or a natural setting with the happy hunter kneeling beside each one.
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
if you think all of the deer where shooters that where in the back of the truck I hate to see your trophy room

[/ QUOTE ]

well, you wouldn't be invited to my "trophy room". i don't use my deer to build myself up to other poeple. i don't have to prove myself by the amount of "bone" on my walls. i don't really see where you deserve the right to bash someone on how they fill their tag, and enjoy their season. is every single deer you have at the peak of their rack potential? not a SINGLE one of them could possibly been even an inch bigger, if you had let him walk?
sure, everyone WANTS to shoot a big one someday, but if they don't want to manage their herd, why should they have to? do what you want on your land, with your tag, and don't be so quick to pass judgement

Congrats to the guys that killed those bucks! I do hope they shot as many doe's or more, if not there hunting WILL go down hill because there buck to doe ratio will be very out of whack! And that means they are much more difficult to hunt! Rattling, gunting, snort wheezing and scents won't work nearly as well, if at all! There isn't that many bucks in the picture that isn't at least 3 1/2 years old, and you never know who shot the smaller one's. It could have been some boy or girls first buck, and if they are never ever put down any deer not even if it has spots. You should just try to politely say wow that's a great deer man it would have been huge in another year or two.

For the meat hunter band wagon, you guys crack me up! The first huge racked buck you see you'll milt the barrel off of your gun throwing lead at him, even if he is scronie bodied and a big plump doe standing beside him! And you would go strutting around showing him off just as I would, meat hunters turn into trophy hunters when the see a trophy. You can look at cave walls from hundreds of years ago and see that humans have been fascinated with big racks since the beginning of time! I'll leave it at that!

Everyone have a great CHRISTmas!!!!
shocked.gif

This may be hard to believe but I'm going to agree with Houston
grin.gif

I don't like that picture at all. There are some nice buck there, they shouldn't be stacked in like that IMO. I don't ? the whereabouts of the other hunters I just find that picture totally tasteless. I also wonder, how in the heck are there so many deer in the little scrub brush in those hills?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
This may be hard to believe but I'm going to agree with Houston
grin.gif

I don't like that picture at all. There are some nice buck there, they shouldn't be stacked in like that IMO. I don't ? the whereabouts of the other hunters I just find that picture totally tasteless. I also wonder, how in the heck are there so many deer in the little scrub brush in those hills?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt very much if those bucks all lived on the farm, around here they get pushed pretty hard and if the farm was left alone until the last weekend of the second season it could have been loaded with bucks. I have to agree with you on the picture and I hope it doesn't make the rounds on the net. I think it shows total disrespect for the deer and hunting in general. Granted we need the guys out there shotgun season to help in the population control but do it with dignity.

You know I will go to bat for you teeroy.First off the old guy in the pic looks happy.Secondly most those bucks are pretty nice and I would have shot them.As far as whats his name wanting to see teeroys trophy room or any of our hunting friends who would of shot those deer I think you would be pleasantly surprised.Lastly,a lot of people bash about the "field photos",well I agree 100% that field photos are nicer but you know what,THESE AREN'T YOUR OR I'S PHOTOS!!!So don't bash them.One last thing,seems as though with x-mas getting closer and closer maybe the moods and stress of people are getting a little worse just from some of the recent posts.Hopefully after the holidays all will be back to "normal" if there is such a thing.

I'm with TRX, this is getting to be www.iowabashme.com. PM your opinion or facts to the fella, at least over the holidays as it can get very stressful. Some people in this world can be very messed up, all it would take is a peddy nitpic comment under some dude thats already got salt in his blood. We've seen this once. Its really to bad. Just remember..... You don't have a clue who this hothead is. Have a safe Holiday.
bow.gif
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

I received this same email and the one that I got had a small chain of emails before it reached me. One said that these guys regularly have shotgun seasons like this one, and that all the bucks were harvested within a half mile of that farm house in the background.

I agree that it's not the most tasteful picture I've ever seen. So much for displaying your harvest with dignity, but a hell of a hunt..(or should I say shoot).

Top Bottom