Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Full Load

Who cares if they are stacked into a trailor? Looks like a great hunt to me, wish I woulda been there. Would it be better to some of you if on a Buck Pole?

They are deer, not people,

And as far as does? I have never had my picture taken with one yet. I've killed dozens of them through my life mostly when I was younger, I get nothing out of killing does. If I do take a doe it would be with a bow not a gun.

I know does need to be harvested to keep the herd in check, and that's cool with me, I'll just let you guys do it.

When I kill a doe, I feel I just killed the buck I could have taken 3 or more years from now.

But anyways, that is a cool picture, and those boys seem to have that property well scouted, and a game plan in place to do that well.

[ QUOTE ]
I have been reading all the posts on this subject over the past week. There are a couple of points people have made that I do not think anyone can really dispute. The first one being that the picture of the bucks stacked up did not give the animals the respect they deserve. When the people that I hunt with and around take an animal we are proud of we stop to take field pictures and try to capture the moment so we have it as a memory down the road. We do not look at the sport as being a contest as to how many animals we can kill. I remember that the first deer I shot with my bow was a small 7 pointer, I was extremely proud and excited. Now when I bow hunt my goal is something over 150", and if I do not kill a deer that is ok because it is the challenge of the hunt that motivates me, a long with the love of the outdoors in general. I guess the point I am trying to make is that all of us are on different levels in our deer hunting. That doesn't make one person's level better than another's as long as we continue to enjoy and respect the deer that we are hunting. But if we are killing small bucks just because they happen to cross our paths first then maybe a hobby change is in order, like prairie dog hunting. Most people I have heard from on this site sound like they live and breath deer hunting like I do myself, but there are a few who need to push themselves more in our sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must_Hunt, that is a heck of a lot of speculation just from one stickin' photo. Maybe they do have field photo's, you don't know that. Maybe they take does with their bows, you don't know for sure. It's just a photo you guys. Let it go. I can gaurantee you one thing, poor Marco will never post a pic on this website again. Let's move on now, shall we???????
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Must_Hunt, that is a heck of a lot of speculation just from one stickin' photo. Maybe they do have field photo's, you don't know that. Maybe they take does with their bows, you don't know for sure. It's just a photo you guys. Let it go. I can gaurantee you one thing, poor Marco will never post a pic on this website again. Let's move on now, shall we???????
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I sure this thread would have died if you would not have posted. I still think the photo was in poor taste but then again some people don't have any.
evil.gif

AGS, I respectfully diagree with your statement. Filling your anysex tag with any deer you choose to shoot is not your responsibility, it is your right. As a B&C & P&Y scorer I would think you would have a better handle on conservationism and the hunters role in wildlife management.

Wow! With all the self rightous people on this thread I feel like I'm at a FAKE church with a bunch of FAKE people. Just because you don't like a picture or the way a deer was taken dosen't make it tasteless or wrong. AGS is correct, he paid for the tag now let him fill it any way he chooses... unless you're going to buy the tag for him, do all of his scouting for him, take him out on your property, and clean the deer for him.

On a different thought, can someone tell me how many does are bred by a single buck? Say it's 4 does and each of these have twins. By killing that ONE buck you've actually just killed 8 deer, or am I just crazy?
893smileystooges-thumb[1].gif

FireDog,

Maybe you need to reread the post again. If they have field photos of their deer that it great. The point is you do not stack deer in the back of a pickup just to show people how many deer you can kill. If you look closely in the photo there appears to be twine tied to the nose of the good buck on the bottom of the pile in order to keep all the deer in the truck. I am sure a couple of the guys in this hunting party had trucks also, so tell me what the point was to stack them all into one truck. Poor taste plain and simple,and if you do not get that then you need to take a look at yourself as a deer hunter. And if you read the last line of my post I said it was just my opinion which is what this site is about, so take your own advice and move on!!!!!!

DC, Do not presume to lecture me on my role as a conservationist. Half of the tillable acres of my farm is planted to best wildlife habitat available. I have planted sinkhole edge barriers to protect ground water. I do not pasture my woods prefering to let the wildlife use it with no bother from livestock. My bottom field goes unplanted because of runoff in the bordering creek. This would be a perfect place for a food plot but borders a gravel road and I refuse to put the deer I'm trying to grow in peril from poaching.

I began passing on young bucks in 1985 long before it came to be somewhat of a common practice. My farm has just recently started to provide the doe numbers that create good buck movement for bowhunting. Make no mistake I will control doe numbers on my farm when I think it is needed.

I'm completely confident of my role as a conservationist.

AGS

[ QUOTE ]
Poor taste plain and simple,and if you do not get that then you need to take a look at yourself as a deer hunter.

[/ QUOTE ]

nono.gif
Gee...thanks for the advice. I'll try to surround myself around more perfect whitetail hunters such as yourself.
icon_rolleyes[1].gif
wall.gif

Everyone who visits this thread should put themselves in the shoes of the hunters. What if YOU and 13 of your closest hunting buddies all had any-sex tags and were invited to a farm with a prime buck to doe ratio. How do you decide what poor sucker has to pass up a buck because SOMEONE should be shooting does? I think most of us would look at this hunt as a once in a lifetime experience, especially if some of the bucks were first bucks for young hunters in the group, who knows, we don't know the whole story. To each his own, it would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything. As for the picture, if its not your style then don't look at it or tell your buddies to look at it. Just my two cents.

It must be hard to live in that house in the photo. Looks like you would have a hard time walking through it without rolling to the back of it.
confused.gif

Top Bottom