Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got My Jan 5th 2013 Muzzy buck back

Nice buck... But, I'm afraid a different cape in the same hands isn't going to make much difference. Look at the pictures on the web site. Then compare with some other web sites. If you can't see the differences, then be content with what you have. Most people will like it just fine. You've just posted a taxidermy picture to a group of people who are really into big deer and many are proud enough of them to get (or do) really top quality mounts on those deer. Lurk on Taxidermy.NetForum Game Head section for a while. It's an eye opener for sure.

How do you know whats right or wrong it looks like everyone does there own thing,Some have big nostrils that are blacked out some have small nostrils with blood vessels painted in them.Some have all brown & black eyes some have whites in there eyes some don't?

Look at live deer pics from our own whitetail images member and ask yourself if your mount looks like a live deer. Eyes are everything... Hair patterns are off and it looks like he has a chew in on his left side. For $500 you should be getting a better product. Most guys don't notice or don't care. As long as you are happy that's all that really matters.

Last edited:
Wow!! That is a stud 8. As far as the mount I agree it does looks like an old bar mount and I feel for ya as I hope he takes care of you.

I shot my best buck a few years ago and made the decision to drive a bit and take it to Joe Meder knowing it would be done right. I know there are a lot of great taxidermists out there but I knew Meder had a great reputation and after I got it back I am glad I made that call :)

Jan 5th 2013 muzzy buck redone by taxidermist

picture.php

Look at his inner ear, why is it yellow and crusty? Does he not have an airbrush?? Also, eye shape is way off. He didn't even to the armpits right. Looks better but Dang man, time to look for a new taxi.. its your money and if you are happy that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Big improvement from his first effort and that is without a doubt a world class 8 point! However, for $500 you can do much better on quality of work though. Next time you drop a big one I would do some more searching.

Congrats on the buck. He is a giant!

Nice buck... But, I'm afraid a different cape in the same hands isn't going to make much difference. Look at the pictures on the web site. Then compare with some other web sites. If you can't see the differences, then be content with what you have. Most people will like it just fine...

Better, but I still stand by my statement above... He may have done the best he could & I hope you like it... Great 8!!!

I will probably go back to Steve Evers at Wildlife Creations in the future.He has done all 3 of my other mounts & I can't complain!

Top Bottom