Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How many Bikers Here?

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
2007 Streetglide. Factory Paint-Pewter Denim. New for 2007 is a 96 cubic" motor and a 6 speed tranny. This bike flies!!! Smooth as glass too. Blows my old 1997 Heritage Softail Classic away in comfort and speed. My wife bought this for our wedding anniversary present this year. We just sold our 1997 Heritage as it sat in the garage because we didn't want to ride it anymore. We had planned on keeping it, but it was something hogging up space in the garage. Just like my new Hoyt bow, a 10 year old bow is just like a 10 year old Harley; WAY outdated. The streetglide was a new offering from Harley in 2006 and the dealers tell me that they are the biggest sellers that Harley has ever seen except for the little sportsters.
streetglideouthouse1sidkw4.jpg

streetglideouthousesideqh9.jpg

streetglideouthousetankxf7.jpg

sergentbluffsuq3.jpg

Got a 96' Buell S1 Lightning with 7,000 miles. The bike gets up and goes but not exactly the most comfortable bike... I'll try and get some pics on here sometime but I'm going to have to say though that my dream bike will have to be a FLHX so...
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Got a 96' Buell S1 Lightning with 7,000 miles. The bike gets up and goes but not exactly the most comfortable bike... I'll try and get some pics on here sometime but I'm going to have to say though that my dream bike will have to be a FLHX so...
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I had a hard time stepping into this "old mans" FLHX bike with the batwing fairing and stereo. Plus, I really loved the nostalgic look of my Heritage with the leather saddlebags. I had bought this bike new in 1997 and had lots of wild times on it including smacking a deer on it 6 years ago. I even got married and took wedding pics with the bike. It was a real head turner. I am not dissing older bikes, just stating that technology has really advanced in bikes like bows. These new motors are 96 cubic" twin cams with a 6 speed tranny verse the 80 cubic" motor 5 speed tranny. Just night and day in comfort and speed.
mybikelq6.jpg

mybike2on2.jpg

mybike3mu9.jpg

99 FatBoy with custom paint,one set of candy flames with a set of candy purple ghost flames layed under the muti set.Plenty of chrome with a chrome 48mm Davinchi firepower super g carb,Woods Nightprowler camshaft,Crane adjustable pushrods,Spyke 80,000 volt single fire ing.Vance and Hines Big Shot drag pipes.One of the the only things I did not loose in the fire.Will try to post some pics next week if it warms up.Had a buddy with a 07 Street Glide wanting to trade plus me giving a little cash for my bike last weekend at the bike swap meet,but I think I'am going to try to sell this year and buy a 07 or 08 Road Glide.I like the fixed fareing,and now more go fast parts coming out for the twin cam motors.96" is still to small.
cool.gif

I went with different pipes, computer download to compensate for the new pipes, chrome levers, quick detach sissy bar, chrome windshield bracket, and FLHX Streetglide heel/toe shifter pegs. I $h&t you not, I have ran this bike down the road at 120 mph and still have plenty left. My '97 Heritage had a cam and a Mikuni carb and I was lucky to get 110 mph with the wind at my back and going down a hill. Not to mention that I was counting all of the threads on the bolts making sure they weren't coming out. When I ran a 100 on that '97, you knew it. This new FLHX Streetglide is like glass at 120.
I used to have a '99 factory custom paint purple Fatboy that was all tricked out. I had the wires buried in the chrome handlebars, chrome fatboy rims,chrome everything, 5 gallon fatbob tanks. It took 1st place at the Humboldt Freedom rally bike show in 1999. It went to the east coast against its' will with an ex-wife.
mad.gif

We ride a 02 fatboy. My wife rode untill 1 1/2 years ago when she had a bad wreck and almost ended her life. So now we are a one bike family. After a year of therapy her shoulder is about 75%. She still feels comfortable enough to ride behind me. Can't wait till spring to be able to hear the roar of that HARLEY !!!!
grin.gif

Well I don't mean to brag, but I got a 1982 Honda Silverwing, saddlebags and trunk, the whole 9 yards
grin.gif
Quite the college cruiser, I must say. My one roomate had a fatboy, the other a sportster, the other a wide glide, and the last one a Honda Magna, so I pretty much had the POS that got all the looks
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well I don't mean to brag, but I got a 1982 Honda Silverwing, saddlebags and trunk, the whole 9 yards
grin.gif
Quite the college cruiser, I must say. My one roomate had a fatboy, the other a sportster, the other a wide glide, and the last one a Honda Magna, so I pretty much had the POS that got all the looks
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]LMFAO!!! Good commentary there. You got all the chics though right?
cool.gif

Hardcore,since you have already done the stage 1 on your FLHX,if you are wanting to gain some more hp's and throttle response go with a Power Commander and a set of S&S 510 geardrive cam set p/n#33-5266.Alot of bang for the buck and a great set up for baggers.I use to work for an aftermarket HD dist.here and built two rigids,one with a S&S 113" the other with a 124" motor.Talk about a handfull of hp's!
shocked.gif
After I finished each one I took to Sturgis and sold with the insurance industry making it to expensive to keep them.The are trying to force out the builders and force people to buy HD'S or other production bikes like BigDog and American IronHorse

06 vrsca 6000 miles.Name says it all!custom painted last week,getting new motor from harley as I speak.(under warranty)

Top Bottom