Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

How many Bikers Here?

Fatboy notin wrong with wantin to play the greatest sport out there. One of my buddys coaches a 13 and under aau team and they have been hittin inside for awhile. Gotta love kids that want to be great.

I'am with you there Renobber.He is on a 12 and under AAU/USSSA team and loves the game.On our only free weekend between baseball and football we asked him what he wanted to do?We ended up in Dyersville at the Field of Dreams.Go figure.What team does your buddy coach?

I have 2 bikes, a 2005 Kawasaki Nomad and a 1997 Kawasaki 800 Custom. I basically just finished the 800 this week. Like I told Teeroy I go by my real nickname "Brillo" in here www.vroc.org here's a link to my profile http://www.vroc.org/view_profile.php?user_id=1885 I don't have the green 2000cc bike anymore, I traded it on the Nomad. I put on to the tune of 14,000 miles a year riding.
grin.gif

I am unofficially retired from anything that doesn't have 4 wheels. In the last 10 years, I have crashed 2 CBR 600's at 70mph and I don't have enough skin left for another bike.

By the way, it is my opinion(and my doctors) that I wouldn't have survived either wreck if I wasn't wearing a helmet. I get so PISSED every time I see someone riding without one. I lost a good friend last summer when he wrecked his dirt bike at 20 mph. Human skulls and curbs don't go well together no matter what speed you are going.

SO PLEASE WEAR YOUR HELMETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a pic from my last wreck. This was after 10 days of healing. My left side and lower half looked the same and my helmet didn't look much better.

The body just isn't made to do cartwheels down the highway for 200 yards. Go figure.
frown.gif

02-21-07010.jpg

Maybe I should ask how you came to wreck 2 sport bikes in a short time? Your fault or someone elses or both? Some people just don't have the luck or skill to be bike riders (not saying you are one) but it's like anything else, some people shouldn't drive either.
grin.gif
Just FYI I have lost a half dozen friends in accidents in the last 11 years since I got back into riding again. One was a close friend a year and a half ago and he was wearing his helmet at 20 mph, the handlebar stuck him in the temple when he went down in wet grass. Helmets aren't the save all, luck plays a big part too. BTW it's obvious you weren't wearing any protective clothing with that helmet or you wouldn't have that road rash.

Every spring I get the urge to get another bike. Then I'll haul some unlucky biker and the urge passes.

Anybody remember when Suzuki put a Wankle (sp) engine in one of their bikes? I rode one and it was very fast, smooth and relativly quite. Of course I was used to my dirt burner so everything was fast.

The 'Bonker

WOW MATT! That is some serious road rash there! I use to race quads on the TT dirt tracks around here and got banged up pretty good. I couldn't imagine wiping it on pavement at 70 mph! I had a street bike once, "of the rice burning variety"
grin.gif
, in my younger days I would stop by a friends house and the next morning not remember riding it home. I knew the bike thing wasn't for me then. Now that I'm wiser I wouldn't mind having an American made bike to cruise around on.
grin.gif

Many factors contributed to both my wrecks. To make a long story as short as possible, the first wreck occured when I was 18. I guess that was 14 years ago. I was out riding with a friend on unfamiliar country 2 lane highway. Crested a hill and came apon the entire right lane covered in 6 inch deep gravel. I had micro seconds to react and I froze up. My friend went around it, I went through it- sort of. I guess you can chalk that up to inexperience, although I have been riding dirt bikes since I was 7, my time on pavement was less than a year. Spent a week in the hospital. Come to find out, all the gravel on the road was at the entrance driveway to a rock quarry. If I had ever been down that road before I would have been ready for that. And riding side by side on the right didn't help either.

My second wreck was 9 years later and it was due to getting a flat front tire and just losing control. I don't believe inexperience as a rider played into the second wreck, just inexperience with driving on a flat tire
grin.gif

I played around with getting another bike after the second crash, but my parents told me that if they see me on 2 wheels again before my son is able to take care of himself they would disown me. He is 8 now, so I guess I gotta wait another 10 years before I can consider owning another one. I really would like to go get a VTX 1300
grin.gif

Yes I am a Honda guy.

I don't believe that helmets are the end all save all, but they have to greatly increase your chances of survival in any crash.

Kansasdeerslayer, that looks sore. Sorry to hear about your mishap. Pretty cool to see so many motorcyclists on here. Looks like we may have to hook up and plan a little ride this spring or summer.

Looks good Rudd, just think now you'll have to wait for all that snow from this weekend to melt before riding.
crazy.gif

Not one to toot my own horn but I used to have a pretty sweet Trek. Factory burnt orange paint with lightning blue shocks on the front. 15 speed I think it was, used to ride it to get in shape for football in the summer time. Had the Wal-mart gel seat, and a stream lined under-the-seat tote bag to carry my owners manual and tools I needed to adjust the ape hangers if need be. Unfortunetly it didn't have any pegs though like Pedro's bike.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunetly it didn't have any pegs though like Pedro's bike.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ever take it on any sweet jumps?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Rudd, that's a pretty sweet bike. I love the pipes and the white walls. What year is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard Krome Big Straights are the pipes and it's 01 Vulcan 1500. Appreciate the comments.

Happy Birthday Brillo!

[ QUOTE ]

Happy Birthday Brillo!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Rudd, looks like I won't be able to go out and celebrate either with this storm that's coming. Was going to go to Milwaukee, guess I'll have to get hammered at home.
grin.gif

Top Bottom