Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

In Case You Havn't Heard...

Saskguy,

You sound like you really have a chip on your shoulder for land owners who post thier land.....especially land owners who manage and post thier land.

Sounds to me like you have a lot of jealousy towards land owners and have a very negative opinion of them.

You tell me that I am wrong in what I think.....well i think you need to look in the mirror and realize you are telling me that I am wrong, but then you spout off about landowners like they are the devil himself. I have nothing against landowners who post up their land tight and do whatever with it....It is thier land!!! thats right, they paid for it, they pay the taxes on it, they can do whatever they want with their land.

Sounds like to me that you have some jealousy issues you need to work out. Don't tell me that if you had 1000 acres of land, you wouldn't control who accessed it!!! Don't even lie to me and tell me that you would let anyone and everyone on there after you shelled out hundreds of thousands of dollars to buy that land. You would post it tight and then let those you wanted to on their and there would be a limit I am sure. This is especially true if there was a WR class buck on it that you were trying to get.

So don't be telling me that you don't want to see some devil of a landowner who posts his land shoot the next WR, because if you owned land you would do exactly what you are so against.

OK Nacho,...I can't recall ever personally attacking you in this thread so thanks for the "assumptions". Classy.

Considering my father owns about 1200 acres of land and my father in law owns a bunch of land and many other family members and friends own a bunch of land, up to as much a over 7500 acres in terms of one relative, I'd say I'd be pretty crazy to have a negative opinion of landowners.

I never said you were wrong in what you think, just laid out some proof to you that deer drives have been the demise of numerous monster bucks and that a "world record story" can only be the story of the world record....other than your ":assumptions" of how the deer was killed or the "party hunting" info I never said you were "wrong". I just simply stated that like it or not, deer drives are and always will be a part of hunting and in some parts of the world land is predominantly used for agriculture. The animals that live on that land are a byproduct of the habitat.

So please explain to me how I have jealousy issues. Jealousy has nothing to do with not liking the direction that whitetailed deer hunting is heading. Forgive me if I wish to stay stuck in the past,..in a place where gaining permission may be as simple as a handshake from a friend. Where realty doesn't take chunks of dirt that were once used to feed the world and make them into "big buck paradises". Where wild animals don't come between friends and neighbors.

Your attack on me shows true to the core how very little you know about myself.

Thomas, ...it's all easy for me. I just don't really enjoy being patronized by any member of the site. As a mod, can you find any particular place where I attacked Nacho and said anything personal about him?

Wow, now this issue of landownership and integrity checks.......hmmm? Weird!

Back to topic, I like the idea of repaired antlers in this case, the way I interpreted it, the antler was intact until the deer tried getting up so his buddy shot the antler off, If you can recover it and prove you shot it off then why not? The deer still grew the antler correct?

Your right I don't know anything about you......I never claimed too, nor do I care to know anything about you. I was simply stating an observation from your posts.

Pretty easy to understand what you think from your posts. Does it mean I know you? No, just easy to see what you think of other hunters.

Of course deer drives have resulted in many big bucks being taken....Lots of big bucks would also be taken if it was legal to chase them down with an airplane or on horseback, but would that still be ok with you the way that deer was taken? I am "ASSUMING" no! Just because a certain tactic has good results doesn't mean it is right. What about baiting, using dogs or chasing deer with vehicles? Those are all effective tactics, do you consider deer taken that way to be a good kill?

"I'd way rather it come from some guy who was the lucky trigger man on a drive than someone who has 5000 acres locked up and would be liable to have some chronies of his on a site such as this, badmouthing some guy that killed a buck they were hoping to kill after passing on him time and time again while it feasted on a wildlife buffet. "

I can count several times you mentioned hunters who pass up bucks or have foodplots and manage thier land like they are evil or something. Well, this is how I feel about people that take shots at running deer or road hunters. These WR class bucks wouldn't be around if it wasn't for people passing up the young ones and letting them grow and having proper habitat for them to grow to get to that age. You should be thanking these types of landowners instead of putting them down.

You are lucky to live and hunt in an area that has tremendous bucks.....bucks that most would never see in their whole lifetime. You are also lucky that these landowners allow you to hunt on this land. Not many hunters have this luxury. Trust me, if you lived were most do, you would have a different opinion then you do now.

"I guess the WR story needs to be some dude hunting solo and hunitng a deer he's passed up numerous times on his managed property is the only kind of story some people want to read."

You said this first, then.......

"I hunted a particular deer for 3 yrs . When the first day of the 04 season rolled around and he walked out, there wasn't a chance I wasn't tagging out on the very first day of hunting. Shame on me."

So which is it?

You take a shot at someone who hunts a deer for several years like it isn't what you want to see, but then you defend the deer you hunted for several years and shot on the first day!!!

What is your angle?

All I know is that I am eager for the day that a bow hunter holds the WR title!

As far as this pissing match................it is over.

Good day!

I guess the WR story needs to be some dude hunting solo and hunitng a deer he's passed up numerous times on his managed property is the only kind of story some people want to read."

You said this first, then.......

"I hunted a particular deer for 3 yrs . When the first day of the 04 season rolled around and he walked out, there wasn't a chance I wasn't tagging out on the very first day of hunting. Shame on me."

The point of your 2nd blue quote was that "I" would be happy to hunt for one day. You said "who would want to hunt for one day?"

The difference is that the deer simply endured tough winters, evaded hunters, sure wasn't passed up by me and was huntable to numerous folks that had a good enough relationship with the landowner.

I'd gladly answer more of your ?'s but in your words this "pissing match" is over.

Jealousy issues..................................................................seriously?

No one ever said there needed to be a law written for the way the WR buck was taken.

Most of us would just like to see a dedicated hunter take the next WR.

Most people I know who do deer drives want to shoot a big buck and they want to shoot it in one day.......who would want to shoot your deer on the first day of season?

I like to see dedicated hunters succeed!

OK, so some of the guys that got me hunting that only gun hunted are not "DEDICATED" hunters as you say, because they gun hunt only and do some small deer drives!!??? BS. That is a crock. Now Milo Hanson isn't a dedicateed hunter? Sounds like he is from the description Saskguy gives of him.

Tag out on the first day.....yeah pretty sure I would be ok with that. Bet allot of guys on here would be, as that would most likely mean the big buck that we have been scouting all year or had encounters with the past season or two just made the mistake of walking into range. Whats wrong with that?

And BTW, can't speak for Saskguy, but I think his reference to the 5000+ acre landowner deer comment has to do with another rediculous thread on here right now. Wow, I read all of this thread and can't see what got Nacho so fired up. I mean lets arguee about how or where a htpothetical deer may one day be kille and drive a wedge between us to fuel the fire for PETA. WTF

Last edited:
And BTW, can't speak for Saskguy, but I think his reference to the 5000+ acre landowner deer comment has to do with another rediculous thread on here right now

You're far more observant than someone else.

And BTW, can't speak for Saskguy, but I think his reference to the 5000+ acre landowner deer comment has to do with another rediculous thread on here right now.

I was thinking the samething. There is a thread here where True Trophy is pissin and moaning about his buddies deer getting shot, claiming there is JUST NO WAY THAT DEER WOULD LEAVE THE FARM. Well, aparently it did, and it got killed, until proven otherwise.

Seriously Nacho, what has you so fired up at Kaare? The fact that he has laid down an average of 185 inches of bone in the last 10 years?

Saskguy you have nothing to prove. I understood your entire post and its evident to see how passionate you are about whitetails. If a deer is killed legally and its a new WR, then congrats to the hunter. We all have to remember that we as hunters have many different opinions, tactics, and beliefs when it comes to chasing whitetails. Some deer hunters spend all year long doing something that pertains to mature whitetails, while others only spend one weekend a year hunting them. One thing we all need to remember though is that in the end we are still all deer hunters regardless of the way we hunt.

We all have to remember that we as hunters have many different opinions, tactics, and beliefs when it comes to chasing whitetails. Some deer hunters spend all year long doing something that pertains to mature whitetails, while others only spend one weekend a year hunting them. One thing we all need to remember though is that in the end we are still all deer hunters regardless of the way we hunt.

Damn fine penmanship right there sir.

Ok Nacho we get it. Your way is the only way to do it and any other way is undeserving. We get, but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. There is no need to get so tweaked!!

By the way, there is NO WAY POSSIBLE that Kaare in Jealous. Havn't you seen the bucks this guy takes?

Seriously Nacho, what has you so fired up at Kaare? The fact that he has laid down an average of 185 inches of bone in the last 10 years?

Havn't you seen the bucks this guy takes?

I could care less about what size deer anybody shoots each year!!!

So if I shot 200" bucks every year, would that make me right in everything I say on here????????????

No it wouldn't!!! What size deer we each shoot has nothing to do with how right or wrong we are in what we say.

If that thinking was true, then Mitch Rompola would be president!!! :D:D:D

So if I shot 200" bucks every year, would that make me right in everything I say on here????????????No it wouldn't!!! What size deer we each shoot has nothing to do with how right or wrong we are in what we say.

Of course that has no bearing on fact or opinion. And anyways, nobody on here shoots 200" bucks every year. But I what I said about the currect wr and how it was taken legally is more than an opinion. The part about any hunter being as desrving as another as long as what he does is legal and doesn't infringe upon others is merely my opinion.
Another Fact: This is an exaggeration.
The fact that he has laid down an average of 185 inches of bone in the last 10 years?

Top Bottom