Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Iowa bill to rise non resident deer tags from 6,00

Re: Iowa bill to rise non resident deer tags from

TallTine

I'm paid up here so don't be trying to rule this site and tell people to leave.

[ QUOTE ]
You are a self derived sick individual

[/ QUOTE ]
were you got off on writing stuff like this to other members here?

I don't like what you have to say about me and how you said.

Please don't post to me again..........

This issue come up every year and cuts to the very core of our passion. Are these threads ever going to go away? No.

All I ask is that we keep it civil. It is difficult but if it helps type the response read it and then delete it...

[ QUOTE ]
TallTine

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been keeping up w/ your posts for awhile on other sites and what others don't know about you I'll make sure they know. They have the right to know what you are all about.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TallTine

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been keeping up w/ your posts for awhile on other sites and what others don't know about you I'll make sure they know. They have the right to know what you are all about.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take that as abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing and why you'd want to keep up on me and tell people what I am tells me you have a problem and this website should address it since you chose you break the rules,

Now again! don't post to me while you're breaking the forum rules, cause you don't know me bud and don't make out like you do.......

here what I wrote about Pike County
[ QUOTE ]
I have done my research

I have figured it out

The Farmers have too!

Good whitetail management has paid off to a vary poor county

As I road around Pike county I could tell that if it wasn't for HUNTERS, most people in Pike Co. would be eating beans all winter and all the restaurants would close up.

I was thinking this could be any place in the USA if the whole area pulled together and built it up.

While I was in "The Archery Shop" in Pittsfield the owner was ordering 2500 stands for one outfitter and said a guy hunting that land shot a buck less than 125inches and there was $1,000 fine for that

Welp,,That's how smalls bucks become BIG BUCKS to the area in more ways than one!

There's no hotels, They rent houses to outfitters that other wise would be sitting empty. The banker skins deer at night and so on....

everyone wears camo and loves all the outsiders spending money

I could see this happening in Iowa easy if the Farmers catch on to this. Down south here in Iowa NO ONE works because there is no jobs and all the young people become crack cookers to make money to eat and their families own lots of (they think) "worthless" timber land that has no return in money, So they think! If they marketed it,,It would be worth 5 grand an acre and return thousands of dollars each year to the county and they could kick back and let outsiders do all the work while they drink coffee in the cafe that is now closed down and beer at night in the bars that have closed down.

I saw the GOOD in promotting and working with outfitters to bring in people from all over the states to spread some cash where there isn't no cash to spread......

untill you look at the good, the bad side is easy to harp on!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

and I don't know where this dude gets off on attacting me here!

Lets not forget what I said in that post at AT
[ QUOTE ]
First off

I hope Iowa never lets out of staters rule the Timbers.

But having seen Pike County and how things are going there I can tell that one day Iowa will open the flow of money and I'm going to start prepairing for that day and rake me in some Buck Money in my old age.

The All Mighty Dollar Rules and I know our Statesman will vote with Big Money,,, just like they always have.

The out of state outfitters are already buying up land here and pumping money in our Congressmens pockets to get the ball rolling. Only a fool would think it ain't happening and I be a Poor fool that's jumping in the fast lane of this change that's coming.

Be No Fool, It's all about Money and people with it knows how to get things done. Wine & Dime the State House and cash in! It's Happening as we wine.

Do you really think the Statesman that make the laws care if we have a place to hunt for free...hehe..Get REAL, That free word hurts them!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guess I'm real and your in the make believe land TT and you chose to open your month to the wrong person. I stand tall why you just tine

Ahhh, this topic always seems to bring out the best in folks. Life's too short, relax and take some blood pressure medication. MIShedhntr

[ QUOTE ]
Damn!! Must be having another one of those days...I said I wasn't going to post anymore on this topic!! (Although so far, everyone's thinking before they type, and that IS refreshing)

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly why my last post WAS going to be my last post on the subject.....It's really too damn bad this topic ALWAYS disintegrates everywhere it is brought up, amongst the HUNTERS themselves.

(And yet we continue to wonder why and blame the "ignorant" politicians for screwing things up!!)
shrug[1].gif

We the hunters carry the knives...and one day WE will cut our own throats!

and sadly, Ya can quote ME on that one!
nono.gif

The hood always seems to have controversy following him.....and I wonder why
smirk.gif

Last year I think he pissed a few people off too by bragging himself up all day long.

It is sad deer hunting has become tangled in Big Money. Big antlers, Record Racks, HollyWood Productions. I like to think back to when my Dad first took me out hunting with him. I think he only shot one or two does in his whole life, but he enjoyed getting out in the woods, and taking his boy with him. He liked venison and my uncles, who were more dedicated hunters, always dropped off some venison. There was little talk about rack sizes, or B&C points, just enjoying the outdoors and family. It may be futile to write our Reps, and tell them what we think about how "hunting", is changing, but I for one, am still going to. It makes me feel good, I've given my 2cents, and I sleep better.Thank you for this place to give my two cents too.

Never mind

I'll just click out of here for good and let you 2 control this place and how people think

Have Fun with yourself

It has come to my attention that some folks (resident hunters) are getting paid to "guide" non-residents in their quest to shoot a big Iowa buck. I've also heard that they, more often than not, will take paying non-residents onto property they themselves have permission to hunt (lease free) from generous landowners, farmers, or perhaps even on some of the scarce and scattered public hunting ground.

Is this practice illegal? No, not at all, unless they are not claiming the income and paying taxes on it.

Is it immoral? Who am I to judge, but I will make one comment on this practice... it's basically the same as a passenger shooting holes in the hull of Noah's Ark.
crazy.gif

That being said, I still cannot understand why anyone would want to hunt deer in Iowa? All we have here are dinks and does. Pike County is where you really wanna be
waytogo.gif

Our voices can be heard, but until one of us (hunters) gets to the statehouse, things will proceed as THEY see fit, not US.
All you can do is become a better hunter using the resources given to you. In my opinion, if your passion to hunt is ruined by the thought of an out of state hunter possibly (not probably) harvesting a trophy deer you "could" have, then you may want to ask yourself Why do you hunt?

[ QUOTE ]
all the young people become crack cookers to make money to eat

[/ QUOTE ]

now there is a nice generalization about young people in southern iowa. the shot about farmers eating beans if it weren't for the rich hunters saving them was a pant load as well

Look, I am no longer an Iowa resident so I do not think I should have a say in how many non-residents are allowed. But I was a resident for a LONG time and I have some advice for you.

I was on the board of directors of the Iowa Trapper's Assn from 1981 to 1989. We were being hammered by some well-organized and well-funded anti trappers at that time. I cannot believe the amount of time I spent calling and writing letters, and even going to the state house. We won almost every battle because a small number of us were willing to do the work it took. Several times I put on a suit and went to the capitol and talked to my senator and representative. Some of those times I drove five hours round trip to spend 20 minutes with them. I can tell you it was worth it because NOBODY ELSE IS DOING IT! And the opposition has money and the people who are smooth and know how to work the system.

If you want to win this one, (and the next one and the next one) you are going to have to put in your time. Especially if you live in an area with a representative on the right committee.

That's my $.02

Well you can bash me if you wish but
I have talked to "The Hood" and if you listen to some of his view points they are actually pretty sensable. He just looks at both sides of the fence and not just one side.

Take the time to know the guy and he is opinionated just like everyone on here but when you take jabs at a guys demeaner(Spelling) that is going a little far.

So what that he wants to make a buck, good for him and to bad who doesnt if they open the flood gates.

If I could get paid to guide NR on some of the ground that I hunt on and give a little to the farmer, WHY NOT?

Iowa1,
I agree with you totally.
Does Iowa Whitetail, the IBA or any other organizations have people who lobby at all. We can all give our opinions on this forum but a well organized group like you outlined is exactly what is needed. If people feel strong enough in keeping the NR number where it is at I do not think it would be hard in finding the people or the money. Just my honest opinion.

Top Bottom