Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

iowa whitetail total years of bowhunting expe

i have bow hunted for 4 years and loved every second of it. i know its not much but i am only 16 so give me a break.

4+1778=1782 years

31 for me
grin.gif

Bowhunted for 25 years tokk first buck with a bow in 1982 a 8point 117 inch monster at the time when I was only 15. I am 37 now. Hunted Iowa since I was 28 and only missed one season. Knock Knock on wood...

Gritty , the WI bowhunter

I have been hard at it for about 7 years and I plan to hunt hard and enjoy every moment until I'm old and grey. Take care everyone and enjoy the hunting.

28 for Tracy and 6 for me, Larry.

It was good to see you yesterday and love our paintings!!!! If you get any of those bigger retired turkey pics, let me know.

Stop in at the farm the next time you're down and bring your wife, too. I'd love to meet her. Maybe she can convince Tracy to take me on a hunt somewhere.

peakrut,

Thanks for chipping into the running total. Looks like 2042 if my math is correct.

I'm glad you got the chance to stop by the gallery yesterday. It was great talking to you and Tracy and Molly loved the attention.

The other party stopped by later and confirmed the order on the Oak Ridge Monarch you were looking at. We'll let you know when another comes in.

I think we can work something out. I'll try to talk Tracy into taking you on a hunting trip and you try to talk my wife into learning to shoot a bow!

Later,
Old Buck

You have got a deal, Old Buck! Are you sure you are ready for it if she takes it up? It is so addicting and I find myself getting into trouble all the time and getting yelled at for coming out of the timber too late (LOL). I tell him I have to wait for the deer to leave and it doesn't bother me to sit in my tree well after dark. It's good for him because he knows what I went through all those years worrying about whether he was okay when he strolled in a little too late.

I better get back to my housecleaning as I have three 12-hour shifts to do Sat/Sun/Mon, so I won't get much done by the time I get home as with being a nurse you never get off work on time and then I have the 40 minute drive and it sounds like I might be crawling home slow again this weekend with the ice and snow coming in.

Take care and let us know when you and your wife will be coming by. I'll take my bow over to the farm and she can try it out. I hope she loves it as much as I do. I don't even like to hunt with my muzzleloader anymore as bowhunting is so much more thrilling, although I've not much to show for my efforts. I had a lot of opportunities at bucks this year, even in the 140's, but I just let them go because I want a Booner. I may go another six years without one, but if I do, oh well......maybe you or the guys on our west will get a B&C buck because I let the P&Y's go. Chances are I'll just shake anyway if I did see a B&C (hahahaha), but I just love to be out and watch them even if I don't tag a deer.

I better get busy...............

Keep me posted on the turkey print. I want to buy it for Tracy.

Verna

Top Bottom