Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Jay Gregory's farm for sale

Farm

Sure sounds good, I am going to dig around in my garage to see what the bank would take in collateral:D

Less than three 1/4 sections for 1.3 million. WOW!!!!!

Are whitetails seriously worth that kind of money???

$2600 an acre with 105 tillable acres? Heck , that would be a steal in Sioux county. That's about the price most guys get for strictly timber/pasture ground here.

I am good for 5 acres, who wants to go in on the other 455 with me? :) All I really need is one tree :)

..........No

You aren't just buying whitetails. It's an investment, land prices will go up over time and you get dividends in the form of tillable acres. It can also be used to carry on the tradition we all love so much. No better place to spend quality time than the outdoors with friends and family. Would be sweet, but I can't afford it!

2600$ for tillable is very reasonable. in my neck of the woods sh*t ground brings more than that, especially in a big chunck like that.

In N.E. Iowa that would be a steal. Just had 160 tillable acres in my neck of the woods go for $8000 an acre, and that is not a typo. Eight thousand an acre. So considering there is 105 tillable acres, I would consider that a good investment... If I only had the cash.

Last year the whole farm was for sale, I think it was like 2,000 acres. I guess they are just selling PART of it. Wow, if I could own the whole 2000 acres that would be amazing!!! Good for these folks to be able to do something like that. It sure is more than just whitetails, owning LAND and in that quantity would be amazing and an amazing investment for generations.
Anyone know how much of that farm lays next to state game area? Just curious.

Anyone know how much of that farm lays next to state game area? Just curious.

Right across the road to the South is all public hunting. About 700 acres in that one block of public to the South of Jay's. There is another 1300 acres to the West and Northwest that is contiguous but split by roads. So you could save your 1.2 million and hunt that neighborhood for the price of your tag! There is 2000+ acres total to play on.

Last edited:
Right across the road to the South is all public hunting. About 700 acres in that one block of public to the South of Jay's. There is another 1300 acres to the West and Northwest that is contiguous but split by roads. So you could save your 1.2 million and hunt that neighborhood for the price of your tag! There is 2000+ acres total to play on.

and I'm sure that's part of the selling/buying point (good and bad)

In N.E. Iowa that would be a steal. Just had 160 tillable acres in my neck of the woods go for $8000 an acre, and that is not a typo. Eight thousand an acre. So considering there is 105 tillable acres, I would consider that a good investment... If I only had the cash.

How about an 80 that was sold in NW IOWA for $14,000 acre (during an auction). Don't mean to one up you but it was too ridiculous not to share.

For whitetail deer hunting that seems a little high even with 120 of tiliable. The ground down in that area is not anywhere close to what it is in other parts of the state for putting out bushels of grain but I think you will see a lot higher ground prices if corn stays at six dollars a bushel and beans at thirteen bucks

Top Bottom